Metformin & PCOS

Ohhh okay. I see, well it sounds like a plan haha. Me and hubby just bought our house so we're pretty bound here. Its a 4 bedroom home, so those three empty rooms are starting to aggravate me hahaha. They've become a "catch all".

Hi wanababy :hugs: welcome! Sorry to hear you got a double whammy with pcos and type 2 diabetes.

Hi Krissie, sorry you're not feeling well:hugs:

Wanna, hi :hi: I wanted to point out if you have high cholesterol be careful taking any medicine to help with that! I have semi high cholesterol, but my LDL is wicked high and my doctor wanted to put me on something. Well when I went to the pharmacy the lady told me if I was TTC, that taking any medicine for cholesterol was a big no-no! So I called my doctor and they agreed. For now I watch what i eat and try to lose some more weight.

Baby, ooOOoOOOOoooOooOoooo! Still sounds promising!!! I really hope it's all good signs!!! FX'd for you still<3

As for me - My temp went down just a little and my CM is STILL creamy andddd OPK was negative at 2:30:dohh:I'm wondering if I got a false +OPK. *ugh*

Hippie, I def don't think it was a false +OPK! You are probably O'ing tonight or tomorrow, I don't think they stay positive during your ovulation...:shrug: No expert hahaha. I'm not sure what the temp going down means because I don't temp :dohh:

So I'm pretty much driving myself nuts today. I'm so emotional (which could be pms, could be something excitinggggg), I can't stop thinking about this might be it. UGHH. I just wish I could take a test right now and it be positive :haha: Don't we all? One sec I'm thinking was implantation, the next I'm not. IDK what to think. I'm going crazy :dohh::dohh: I need to get my mind off of it but I CANT!! Ahhh. AND on top of it all I had grape juice, which apparently doesn't mix good with Metformin. So my tummy's been upset all day :wacko:

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA for a week or two...been stuck in the TTC blues I think. Just needed a break from thinking bout it all the time so I kept temping and taking meds but stopped everything else (including bnb). Hope everyone is well!

Well a few days ago I had a temp dip and decided to go ahead and check cm and cervix. I had Ewcm and cervix was high, soft and open. I didn't get too excited as its happened plenty before with no ov but I had one last IC OPK in my purse so I decided to go for it...and here's what I got...the top test was my darkest test to date...the bottom test was the one I'd just done...

https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4/ladyamanda123/5ba390e6a17880126c9c8b1454f311ee.jpg

Pretty dang close to positive if not 100%!!! I couldn't believe it and I started crying! I hadn't been opking for about a week so not sure if it would have been darker earlier or day before. Took another that night and it was slightly lighter and next day my temp went up and the OPK was back to negative. Luckily DH and I had BD the night before and of course we bd again that night after I got the dark test. Then I held my breath basically for the next few days to see what my temp did...it's gone up perfectly! Today I got my solid crosshairs! I actually ovulated for the first time in 5 1/2 months of TTC!!! :wohoo: of course ive been on the metformin but this cycle i did the soy and i think thats what did it for me!!! I'm so excited!!!! Think our BD was timed perfectly so now I'm just waiting! FX!!!!

MamaMac that is SO exciting!! I have my FX'd you get that BFP!!!

That is great MamaMac... Fx'd for you!!!

I don't know much about temping either.. But your +opk was probably true.

I realized with being sick I haven't taken any metformin for two days and I am not sure if I did the day before either. :dohh: Oh well, I got my prescription all sorted out at the pharmacy and I am getting back on track.

Oh and while I was reading somewhere on bnb I found out that B6 is suppose to lengthen LP. Just an fyi. I currently take a b complex with b6 in it.

you think baby? I went to check and i felt semi soft, high and i think semi open? I think I'll have DH & I BD later on tonight :)

Yes ma'am!! My cervix was soft, high, open & wet when I O'd!!! It was high for three days, & soft, open, wet for two. So yours sounds VERY promising!!! Time for some funn! :)

MamaMac, keep us updated on if you get that bfp!! FX'd for you!!

This morning I had a good bit of brown spotting.. the last two days (except the one wipe of light red on Wednesday) has been more like slightly colored cm. Yesterday it was real light colored cm all day. Not sure what it all means. Last night I also had a stretchy feeling in my lower abdomen. Like there was a balloon in my tummy being blown up as far as it would go, and I was bloated so much I couldnt lay on my tummy. But so far no more cramping or anything like that. There was a lot of cm mixed in with the spotting this morning, so I'm not gonna count myself out yet. 7DPO, we'll see what the day brings!

I am 7DPO today, and if I don't have AF by next Wednesday I'm going to test. By the way its looking now if it is AF she should be here by then, and if its not its likely I may be pregnant. Next Wednesday I'll be 12DPO, CD27. If no bfp and no af then, I'll wait until CD35 (my doc told me wait til then) and if I get the same results I'll start provera to get a cycle again.

Hi everyone :wave:

Baby - everything is sounding very good for you. positive thoughts coming your way! :thumbup:

wanna - welcome. Im relatively new myself. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with but you're in the right place for support. Everyone on here is so helpful and friendly!

Krissie - Sorry to hear you're unwell. Ive taken a few weeks off work myself. Im doing a post graduate course to become a teacher and needed some time to focus on that. Sometimes its hard to balance everything.

I was hoping some of you more experienced ladies might be able to help me out. Im currently on CD6, (after a 42 day cycle) and I started met 7 days ago. I feel very excited about this cycle and want to do everything I can to give us a chance. I dont temp or anything like that, I've just been using my CBFM and thats it.

Id like to know how to check my cervix myself, and also I like to know about using preseed! This is a lubricant which can help right? Is it actually sold as a lubricant? like do I go to the pharmacy and ask for it? And one final thing..how does soy help and how do I use it please?

Its only our 3rd month trying (one of which i didnt ovulate, so technically 2nd month) so Im new to all this.

Sorry for all the questions, you all just seem to know what you're talking about and id rather ask you guys than google it!

Thanks for any help :flower:

Thank you mum :) checking your cervix is really easy, just kinda awkward. I usually get into a squatting position and insert my middle finger. If your cervix is low it'll be really easy to find, if its high it might take a little searching :haha: when mine is low it feels like the tip of my nose, and when its high & soft it feels kinda like my lips. The thing that took me the longest to figure out is how to tell when its opened or closed. But this month when I O'd there was no question it was open and wet. Preseed is sold at most pharmacies, my local cvs has it for $22. I've personally never used it before, but I plan on using it this next cycle if we dont get our bfp this cycle. Its a sperm friendly lubricant that mimics fertile cm. As for soy, I have never tried it and have no clue lol.

Id like to know how to check my cervix myself, and also I like to know about using preseed! This is a lubricant which can help right? Is it actually sold as a lubricant? like do I go to the pharmacy and ask for it? And one final thing..how does soy help and how do I use it please?

Thanks for any help :flower:

I had the HARDEST time finding my cervix in the beginning. Pretty much how I check mine is on the toilet. Clean your hands first and use your middle finger and insert. Sometimes with me if i buck forward a little and bear down (like if i was going #2) you will feel a bump like come down. Sometimes just sticking your middle finger in depending on the CD you could just feel it. They say if it feels like the tip of your noise (hardness) your not fertile yet. It takes a few tries to get use to it, but you will once you do it everyday. Sometimes just moving your middle finger around your cervix will collect some CM so you take chart what it is, I sometimes will use my pointer finger as well and get a good sample that way. I know TMI :p

As for preseed, I use it. It's about $20.00 here in US and it's a sperm friendly lubricant! Don't use KY or those kind because they kill the sperm. I use preseed every time I BD just to be safe. Also I don't use the recommended 3-4g, if i use that much i feel so icky down there! I use 1g and it's lasted me over 2 months and I still have more.

I don't know much on Soy:shrug:I know there are Soy threads on here you could look up:flower:

Baby- OOOOOO still sounds very promising my dear!!!:flower:

As for me, my temp stand that same:growlmad: So I don't know what will happen! I was hoping for that temp spike! I guess i'll see what tomorrow brings. DH & I BD yesterday and the day before that. Unless I see promising CM tonight Im not going to bother. Need my DH :spermy: to get a break:haha:

I won't be on for the next few days. I'm going back to Syracuse with my mom & DH to clean my grandmothers house some more. Also there's a neat halloween haunted hayride and actives near by and I got coupons, so DH & I will go! Will be nice to have some scary fun and take a break from thinking about TTC all the time.

Have a nice weekend ladies:hugs:

Thank you mum :) checking your cervix is really easy, just kinda awkward. I usually get into a squatting position and insert my middle finger. If your cervix is low it'll be really easy to find, if its high it might take a little searching :haha: when mine is low it feels like the tip of my nose, and when its high & soft it feels kinda like my lips. The thing that took me the longest to figure out is how to tell when its opened or closed. But this month when I O'd there was no question it was open and wet. Preseed is sold at most pharmacies, my local cvs has it for $22. I've personally never used it before, but I plan on using it this next cycle if we dont get our bfp this cycle. Its a sperm friendly lubricant that mimics fertile cm. As for soy, I have never tried it and have no clue lol.

HAHA! Took the words right out of me:haha:

Haha, thats so funny :) have a fun time with all the halloween spookies! :D

Ready- I have used soy twice. You take it like Clomid, so days 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 5-9. You can take 100-200 mg. I tried 200 my first cycle and was an emotional wreck and I didn't O. My second cycle I took 160 and O'd on CD 32. But that could have been in part to starting metformin that cycle.

I found it difficult to find preseed. I live in the US so I am not sure where to find it over where you are. But when I got on their website it listed some different places that sell it. It is just like a lubricant. I used it with the applicator to get it close to my cervix.

I am also a teacher! I didn't work when I was going through that program. But now I have to work until hubby finishes school. Now I am in graduate school to being a school psychologist, so its a labor intensive program.

I have a question for any ladies who check their cervix regularly...I checked mine today, and it has been a few days since I checked it. Today its slightly higher than normal, but not so high like when ovulating. Also, its semi-soft and closed. Anyone experience this after O'ing?? I'm not sure if its a good sign or a bad one??? :shrug:

Ready - this was my first cycle with soy and its got me ovulating for the first time. I'm also on metformin so could be the 2 working together. Soy works like a natural clomid. Kristen explained dosage really well ;) worth a shot just make sure you don't combine with vitex (chaste berry) as they work against each other. I took 160 cd 5,6,7 and 200 cd 8,9. I ovulated cd 31.

Presets is great! I went to the website to find a store that carried it locally. I've heard great things about it helping with conceiving but we also just love it for a lube in general. We used it this cycle so we'll see if it helps :)

Checking cervix is weird at first but if you do it daily you'll start to feel the differences between position and texture etc. also keep in mind not to check cervix and mucus after intercourse as your cervix moves up when aroused and its easy to confuse semen for ewcm. ( ah the joys of ttc discussion! Lol)

Baby - not sure if its normal or if its a pcos thing but I find my cervix can be all over the place. Sometimes I'll check it a couple times a day and in the am it will be high and soft and by afternoon it's low and hard. And not on an ov day mind you haha just moves around and changes a lot. Not sure what's normal for post ov as its my first time ovulating since ttc but my cervix has been about medium to high and soft to medium since i ovulated a few days ago. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->