Metformin & PCOS

Krissie I'd also love to hear how your weight loss is progressing.I've decided I'm going to start trying to loose weight again myself now that I'm on the met.

AF came this evening!!!! After 42 days and 2 days on met it came!! Not sure if the met had anything to do with it or not but either way I'm delighted!!! :-D

YAY! It's amazing how excited we get to see AF:haha: After being on Met for 50days I got mine, so i know the Met had something to do with it :)

Krissie I'd also love to hear how your weight loss is progressing.I've decided I'm going to start trying to loose weight again myself now that I'm on the met.

AF came this evening!!!! After 42 days and 2 days on met it came!! Not sure if the met had anything to do with it or not but either way I'm delighted!!! :-D

YAY! It's amazing how excited we get to see AF:haha: After being on Met for 50days I got mine, so i know the Met had something to do with it :)

I know!! :haha: I seem to spend half the month wishing it wont show, and then when I know for sure Im not pregnant, I spend the other half wishing it to come!!:dohh:
AF has changed ALOT since I came off bcps too. VERY heavy, and bad cramping and aches all down my legs and everything. Never had anything like that on bcps. However I do remember having similar problems as a young teenager.

The met is definately doing something anyway. I noticed the side effects from day1. Heart burn and very windy. But on the plus side I have a decreased appetite already and AF arrived. So swings and roundabouts :winkwink:

Just back from shopping, bought all healthy, low sugar foods so hopefully I might get back on track with my weight too.

Sugarpi - Thats great news that everything is ok. I can imagine it must be some relief!

Babyja - Sorry to hear you werent well after your date :sick: but glad to hear you're back in your tww :happydance:

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Hippie, yeah $140 and my old obgyn wouldnt even let me hear the results!!! Im hopin next month at my next appointment my new ob will give me the actual numbers. I mean we payed for it, I have a right to know!!

Mum, yay for AF!! Haha, it is so funny to be excited about AF. But when she hardly ever shows up its hard not to get excited lol.

I always fear the worst...so I was going in and figured that I had at least one blocked tube. And when the procedure was going on I thought for sure I did cuz I was told most likely if it hurt really bad during the procedure that most likely there was a blocked tube. :( but I was wrong thank goodness!!

I really think metformin has helped with my cycles. My last two have been around 42 days. Which is the most consistent I have been without bcp.

I am thinking I will start back with WW as well. I have had the most success on that in the past. And I want to couple it with low GI.

Hi Krissie :)

I'm doing good, was busy most of the weekend building a doghouse with the hubbs! I'm 3DPO today, and of course I've been paying attention to how my body feels every sec of the day lol. I had a LOT of watery CM on saturday night (1DPO), so much so that it wet my pants while I was sleeping and I had to wash up and put on a panty liner!! What the heck? That was abnormal. And I hadn't taken the robitussin in a few days so I'm not so sure what that was about... I've also had SLIGHT bloating for the past 3 days. I'm worried it might mean a short lp, so i guess only time will tell. :shrug: Hopefully its good stuff, even though I KNOW its way too early to have any sort of symptoms.

Isn't it funny how our minds play those tricks on us... Hopefully those are good signs, at least atypical could mean you're preggers.

Does anybody know what to do about a short lp? I know I have read stuff previously, but I have a head cold and don't feel like doing the research. :p So I figured I would ask.

Yes haha, its VERY frusterating!! But when I talked to hubby about it, we both agreed not to get excited about ANY symptoms until we get a BFP. Because every month I have symptoms like I'm preggo and nothing comes of it :dohh: I'm trying not to symptom spot hahaa, but its HARD!! As for the short lp, I'm not sure. My lp was always super long even when I took Clomid last year. I didn't get AF after O'ing unless I took provera. So I wouldn't be any help with that. But if I have a short lp this cycle I'll def need an answer for that too!! Sorry to hear you have a headcold :( Hope you feel better soon!!

Hello ladies,

I had to babysit my nephews for my MIL until 2am, when she got back. I didn't want to spend the night so I drove home so I could sleep in my own bed. I'm still super tired and babysitting them again right now. This must be what it will feel like to be a parent. Still going to be worth it :D I'm on CD10 and started OPK today. Should I do one once a day or twice a day? I bought 40 tests on eBay so either way I'm good. ALSO I had some sticky/creamy CM today? Is that normal? The past 2 days it was dry when I checked and then this morning when I wiped after going pee, I had this clear discharge that was sticky but not stretchy, no fowl smell like an infection either. It was SUPER weird and then when I went in to check inside it was sticky/creamy CM, but not a lot? Also the position was a bit higher today then the past two days. I actually had to bear down on the toilet seat to feel it. I felt so awkward trying to find it, lol. But at least I when I check I can feel the change.

p.s. Krissie, I don't know about a short LP either:shrug:

When I used OPK's I only did them once a day. I wish I'd done twice because I never did get a true +OPK and I think I may have just missed my surge each time. I tested around 2pm when I used the OPK's. I have creamy/sticky cm at random times throughout my cycles. Sometimes its a TON, and sometimes its hardly anything. and its usually for a few days at a time, then it goes away. I'm not really positive on when I get it in my cycle because I really never paid much attention to it, its just one of those normal things for me haha. I'll make a note of it next time I get it and at what time in my cycle...

OK, so i'm not alone - good ^.^ I only tested today at noon. I think I will do noon and maybe 6pm or 7pm. I think that will be good unless I do 10am and 6pm? idk - lol. I think 10am and 6pm will be good. They say 10am-8pm is good time to test. LOL! I loved how I typed out what I was thinking in my head:haha:I'm so tired!:sleep:

Hi all Young Ladies,

Just got time today to write few lines here, want to hear wts up with everyone.... as for me back home for enjoying eid holidays but days r too much tough, all day just work work n work, m totally exhausted

my medication FOR hcg level is still going on, will go for test after 6 weeks, ehhh long wait

Nope, definitely not alone! Hahaha, I think 10am and 6pm should cover your bases lol. How long were you baby sitting last night?

Hi Aein! Glad you made it home safely :hugs:

I babysat til around 9. I've been having horrible time sleeping, but I passed out last night and slept in. I feel so much better today ^.^

Thats good! Always good to catch up on sleep :D The last two days I have had absolutely NO trouble sleeping lol. I've slept like a rock, and a lot too. I thought yesterday it was because I didn't get much sleep over the weekend, I slept in until 11am yesterday. I usually get up around 8am-9am to let the dogs out and lay back down for an hour or so. (Me and hubby stay up pretty late). But yesterday and today after hubby left for work at 6:30am I knocked out until 11am. And I'm usually a really light sleeper so its doubly strange lol. Yesterday I had a lot of cm too, not creamy though. More watery and it had a slight teensy bit of stretchy-ness to it. So far today I haven't had much, so not sure why there was a random day of cm thrown in...who knows :shrug:

OK ladies, I'm very confused! Does this look positive for OPK?
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/lilhippie/ScreenShot2012-10-24at30140PM.png
I read that testing around 2pm was good for some ladies so I tested again and it was darker then 11am! I know it's fuzzy, but would i consider this positive or negative? I have creamy CM now and my temp dropped today. I wonder if it could happen in the next few days. What do you ladies think?

p.s DH & I BD just to be safe, I may test again around 7pm

I don't mean to but in but but been trying for 8 months. I wonder if the docs will put me on metformin? Do you reckon it's worth going in and asking?

Xx

Hippie the bottom test DEFINITELY is positive!!! Yaaay!! Good luck catching that egg!!! Ahhh I'm excited for you!

Mrstaylor, if you have PCOS I would definitely ask about Metformin. There's been a lot of success for ladies on this thread and other stories I've heard.

As for me, I had very light light light pale pink coloration to my cm when I wiped this morning, and just now I had an equally small amount of brownish. Not sure if it could be early AF or possible implantation as I'm 5DPO, but I'm praying for the latter!

Thanks babyjla, I'll keep people posted :)

Hippiekinz the bottom one is defo + :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"