Metformin & PCOS

Thanks Mac. I think its pretty safe to say I'm out this cycle. The spotting has gotten worse and I have to wear a panty liner now. Sucks but ohh well, we'll try again next month. This is definitely the shortest cycle I've ever had, but we'll get em next time :)

Hi Ladies,

I just got diagnosed with PCOS this month and started taking Metformin as well. I started with 500mg and have slowly built up to 1500mg. My RE wants me to try the Metformin alone for 2 months and if I still don't ovulate then she'll put me on Clomid. (I've done one round of Clomid already, but it was before I was referred to my RE and got the PCOS diagnosis - the Clomid didn't work that cycle and I was anovulatory)

So far I haven't had many side effects on Metformin, and am really hoping that it'll be successful in making me ovulate on my own. Has anyone had any success stories with this? (I apologize if I missed a post that someone already shared - I'm coming into this thread a bit late!)

Fx for everyone that their BFP comes soon!! :)

Hi JL1363 :hugs: meli hasn't been on this thread for a little while but she got a bfp on Metformin alone I believe! I have been on Met for a little more than 5weeks, and I havent had a bfp yet but I've seen other positive things from being on the Met. I've lost 5lbs on the Metformin alone, my hunger has decreased a ton. It just seems like its working, so fx'd it helps you too!

Thanks everyone for the great advice on cervix checking and preseed. Ive ordered the preseed so going to give that a go. Cant do any harm!And Im gona try check my cervix later. Sounds like it might take a bit of getting used to!

Baby - Im so sorry to hear things didnt work out this month. Things were sounding so good. But you have a very healthy positive attitude towards the whole process and it WILL happen.xx

JL1363 - Ive just started on met myself, so dont know if it will help me ovulate yet, but when i started it I was on CD42 with no sign of AF, and after 2 days of taking it AF arrived much to my relief, Too much of a coincidence I think. I believe the met helped. I had some side effects like heart burn the first few days, but that seems to have stopped now.

Thanks Mum :) I'm trying to stay positive, though I am a little bummed. So far today the spotting has gone back down to being very minimal. Its back being more like coloration to cm. So I'm a bit confused. I thought for sure af would be here today and now I'm wondering what the heck my cycle is doing. There was a noticeable amount of creamy/white cm mixed in with the spotting. I havent checked my cervix today so I don't know what its like today... Its strange, but I'm just gonna roll with it lol. The positives of it all are I DID ovulate on CD 14 or 15, and af IS coming on her own, without provera. So I am pretty psyched about that :)

Its so annoying having such a mixed up cycle :growlmad: with PCOS things never seem to be just how they should be. Every month seems to bring something new to annoy me when all i want is pregnancy symtoms to complain about :winkwink: (us Irish always need to give out about something!) :haha:

My OH's sister & partner were just here with their 3 month old. What a cutie :baby: She's lovely but if I hear one more time how much of a "surprise" he was I'm going to punch her!! :haha:

Yep, never fails there's some new symptom each month. :dohh: I know how ya feel. My friend swears her baby was an uh-oh baby, but she told me the whole time she was O'ing and that they were dtd. I hate when people talk about how easy it is to get pregnant, its NOT easy. Ughhh.

Yep, so many little "accidents" all over the place is very annoying :growlmad:
Im sure if she knew we were ttc she wouldnt say it so often. Do you tell people you are ttc? We dont. Ive told 3 of my friends, and at that they are seperate friends, they dont know each other.

We've told my family, and one of my friends knows. My hubby's family doesn't know. His mom is not supportive, and its easier for her to just not know. And his dad wants us to have children now, but I feel bad enough telling hubbs each month that we're not pregnant. I dont want to have to tell more people every month. Its too painful.

Thanks ladies for your support :) I was feeling pretty blah about the whole situation last month but now that I've got a new RE and have started the metformin, I'm feeling more hopeful again :thumbup:

It's funny how last year, before DH and I really realized that I was having problems ovulating, all we wanted and hoped for was a bfp.... now that we know all we know, I keep hoping just to ovulate at all, then we'll worry about getting a bfp.

I'm currently on cd 23 and was hoping that maybe I ovulated (I chart my bbt and my temps did look like they were rising, so I thought that maybe I had), but I just got my bloodwork results back today from a 21 day progesterone test and my level was 1.5 - SUPER low, making it pretty clear that I didn't. Now I'm just waiting for af to show and have a presciption of provera in case i get to 45 days with no af. Blah.

I also have 2 friends who just had "oops babies" and keep talking about it. It's definitely hard to listen to.

I know if I ovulate ill feel like I had a bfp!! I haven't ovulated in forever!!

Baby - :hugs: sorry babe, but all the positives about this cycle is still exciting! One step closer for sure!

Mum - we've told quite a few people just because they ask about kids and I hate to lie. I have a few friends who've had fertility issues so I talk to them about it in more detail. Others just know we're trying. But I'm pretty open about stuff with friends and family, just how I am. When I get a :bfp: it's gonna be hard not to shout it from rooftops! GL with the Preseed! And I totally know what you guys mean about being so excited to ovulate. I just ovulated for the first time this past week and I cried when I saw the OPK!

JL - for me metformin has been great for getting my cycles going. I hadn't had AF for several months after stopping bc and after 2 days on met it arrived. Then I had something like a 39 day cycle but no ovulation. So this cycle I added soy (which is basically a natural clomid) and this time I did ovulate. I think the met together with clomid or soy is what my body needs.

I think thats what has me fooled when ttc. I know I dont O on my own, so when I actually do I always automatically assume that it happened lol. My spotting has pretty much gone away, so I'm a bit confused by that. It almost seems like af came super light and early this cycle. I only really had two days of actual spotting, the other three days were pink/brown slight discharge. Idk what to think. Only time will tell I guess. Af is due next thursday, assuming a 28 day cycle. If af doesn't come full on by the first week in Nov I'll test and if bfn take provera to get a cycle. This cycle has been so weird, I'm ready for the madness to be over.

Oooooo baby! How many dpo are you?? If it was just slight spotting and too early for AF it could have been implantation bleeding! Some women spot a bit when the egg implantes! Usually somewhere around 6-9 dpo I think :) could be a really good sign!

I am 9DPO, but not getting my hopes up. I was thinking the same thing once the spotting stopped, but I'm going to wait it out and see. I had a pinching feeling on the right side of my uterus two days in a row, Friday and Saturday. Those were the two days I had heavier brown spotting as well. It seems promising but I dont want to get too hyped up and be let down when af shows.

FX'd for you baby! :hugs:
:dust:

My CBFM has me back testing as of this morning. All excited now, just waiting for it to read "high" :happydance:

Baby - that does sound promising! Fx for you!!! The waiting is always the worst part!

MamaMac - I've heard a lot about soy but haven't actually tried it myself. Did you have any side effects with taking it?

ready2Bmum - GL!! :)

Is there soy pills or something? Or do you like drink soy things and eat soy food?

Sugarpi, there are soy pills lol. I've never taken them myself, but have heard of other ladies taking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->