Metformin & PCOS

Krissie, we're actually out of state at the moment. I absolutely think the metformin played a role. I had my progesterone levels tested right before or just after I started taking it and it was way too low to support ovulation.

Where are you in Idaho?

I live in Nampa.

Congrats on your baby. I just love the term ninja baby. My husband would so love that if I ever got a surprise bfp.

baby, sending lots of :dust: to you!! Even if it's a bpn, which i hope its not, you're not out til AF shows up :D

I'm feeling sick again, I threw up again tonight! What is going on here? I have no temperature either. Just upset stomach and it got to the point of i can't take it anymore and ended up in the bathroom. I hope this goes away or settles by tomorrow. I got 2 boys to take trick or treating.

Thanks! I just worry if I'm still having all these symptoms yet getting bfn by CD35 if I should take the provera to start a new cycle. Provera will cause miscarriage if I am preggo, but if I'm not I dont want to waste time, ya know? I'm just skeptical, but I think if I'm still getting bfn with no af and still having all the crazy symptoms I'll just wait to take provera til I see my doc again. That is so strange, I hope you feel better for trick or treating tomorrow!!!

If you don't get AF by CD35 and tests are bfn - call your doctor. It's better to be safe then sorry! That's why when the pharmacist told me not to take that medicine to help lower my cholesterol because it's bad for woman TTC or pregnant. Called my doctor to confirm and now I don't have to take it. All your signs seem so promising including the spotting!!! Even if you had a day where it was a bit more, as long as you didn't have AF like cramps, you should be in the clear :D

And thanks, I think I'll take some tums or something to help me sleep.

Well, the spotting never really got heavy. It was brown constantly with light pink here or there. It was heaviest 8DPO & 9DPO, but still barely needed a panty liner. I did put in a light tampon on 9DPO, but the spotting was so light it barely colored the outside of the tampon. I'm still not having cramps but still serious bloating and back ache. I'm excited for how the cycle is looking but scared at the same time. I'm not sure when I should test, I'm 12DPO tomorrow but if I had implantation on 8DPO/9DPO then I don't think I'd get a pos yet. Thats only three days max after implantation. I'm so mind boggled lol. Hope the tums work!!

KLM, my only concern would be the side effects of BC. I eventually stopped taking them, they were so bad. My hair was falling out and I was grouchy all the time.

I did a GTT before starting metformin. Basically, they do an initial blood draw to see if your glucose levels are at a good starting point so that the test is safe for you. Then you drink this (usually) orange beverage that sort of tastes like that Hi-C you get from MickeyD's. Then they do a blood draw every 1/2 hr for 3 hrs.

Afterwards I felt a lil icky due to the sugar on an empty stomach, but my brother took me to lunch and I felt better in no time.

Krissie, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to be healthy and I wish you the best of luck! I hope the metformin works for you.

Cd13 and I'm ovulating!!!! :happydance: I frickin LOVE metformin!!
A little upset because we didn't bd last night as we were both so tired, we did for the 3 night's previous and we will tonight...you think that's ok??? I feel like last night would have been ideal :cry:

Thanks Laurac! My OH is unwell at the mo. I've packed him off to the doc as he NEEDS to be up for it later!! Very annoyed with myself about last night. I thought I wouldn't o for another day or two.

I think you still have a really good chance Mum! FX'd for you!!!

:growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad:

Im so frustrated!! Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Tested at 8am on CBFM - Ovulating
Tested at 1pm on CB digital smiley test - not ovulating

I went down to collect my preseed which I had ordered, and I then decided to spend more money on the other opk's as I wanted to confirm ovulation. Both are made by clear blue, and both test for the same hormone (LH)...How can this be??? :cry:

We will obviously bd tonight anyway, but its soooooooooo frustrating :cry:

You may have just had a very short LH surge? Sometimes it only lasts a couple of hours. Or it may have been overnight and your cbfm caught the end of the surge?

Maybe... :shrug: Im so sick of PCOS and all the crap it brings :cry:
Thanks Laura.x

Hmmm, I agree with Laura. Could have just been a really short surge, or possibly over night?

I tested this morning and got BFN. I wasn't surprised since if I am preggo I'm 12DPO and Implantation would have been when I spotted 3 days ago. And if I'm not... Well then duhh it'd be negative lol. Ughhh, I'm so frusterated with this cycle already. I wish if I ain't preggo that AF would just show up already. Blahhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->