Metformin & PCOS

Thanks JL, I'm trying to stay positive about it all. Your doc sounds like mine! If no AF or BFP by CD 35 he wants me to take provera and induce a cycle. Blahhh, I hate hate HATE provera! I'm going to wait until CD37, just because that puts me at 21DPO and if I dont have a bfp by then I don't think I will. I'm on CD28 now & 13DPO.

I also have an ear ache today that started yesterday :( lucky me, right? Ughhh, luckily my SIL is a medical assistant. She's going to check my ear tomorrow and get me a prescription for antibiotics if its infected. Grrr, it hurts so bad and nothing will take the ache away.

Uggh that's awful, ear aches are the worst! Lucky about your SIL - at least that's handy. I hate Provera too, but I'm staying positive, telling myself that a new cycle brings a new chance to O. Blah. Staying positive is hard lol.

Very hard! Especially when everyone else seems to get pregnant so easily. Ughhh, I wish it were so easy for everyone. But thats true, a new cycle is a new chance to O. I'm glad my doctor gave me Clomid with the Met to make me O, and this is the first time I know I truely O'd while taking Clomid. And I really think it was the Metformin that helped.

I'm glad you're finally getting results :) How many rounds of Clomid did you do before you started the met? My doc says he is gonna put me on Clomid as soon as I do the saline sono (assuming that the results are all clear). He thinks everything is going to be all good based on my other tests, but wants to be sure before he puts me on any other meds because I had a m/c last March. I understand his logic, but truthfully, I just want to start the Clomid! I hate waiting through anovulatory cycles, then waiting for af to come, then taking Provera when it doesn't. Hopefully this will be the last time I need Provera and will O naturally soon!

Hopefully the evil witch will stay away for you and you will get your bfp, but if it doesn't I feel like you should get af naturally now that you ovulated, so hopefully you won't have to worry about provera anymore!

I took Clomid last year with my old obgyn, and I did five rounds. I was supposed to do three, but I lied and told him I didnt O the last two times so he prescribed it again. I did OPK's when I took Clomid last year and never got a true positive opk. I didn't do opk's this time, but I started checking my cervix earlier this year so I know I O'd this cycle. My last round of clomid was in feb this year... Then I switched obgyns in sept because the one I had wasn't actively helping us with ttc and I got tired of waiting around. What is a saline sono? I'm supposed to have tests done later this month to test my progesterone & testosterone levels, my thyroid levels, and some other things lol.

I totally get wanting to start clomid now though. I feel like me and hubby wasted soooo much time on cycles where I didnt even O. When is your test?

There's a big long fancy technical name for the sono that I can't remember lol, but it's a test where they "inflate" your uterus with saline via a catheter and then do a transvaginal ultrasound to check for abnormalities..... aka super not fun lol.

I don't actually have a scheduled time yet for the test because they apparently can't schedule it until I start a new cycle (they said that they need to do bloodwork periodically throughout my cycle so they can track exactly what my hormone levels are doing and reference where exactly I'm at in my cycle when they do the test. I have to call the clinic on day 1 of my new cycle and they will schedule the test then. All in all my doc says it should all be wrapped up in about 3 weeks and then he can prescribe me Clomid... I know it's not actually long, but 3 weeks feels like an eternity, especially because I know that I'll need to wait for another new cycle after that to start the Clomid.

I'm glad you got an obgyn that's actively helping you now. Fx crossed that all your tests go well later this month!

Thank you JL1363! You made me feel a lot better :hugs:

Baby - UGH ear infections! I HATE them! I had one a few summers ago from swimming and water not coming out of the right ear. Hurt like a b**ch! I was in so much pain - I hope it doesn't get that bad for you!!! And baby I know what you mean about others getting pregnant! There are 3 more friends that are pregnant or got their wife pregnant! It makes me want to cry because I want one so bad and my DH hates to see me so upset. I knew since I was young that I wanted to be a full time mother. Not a doctor or lawyer or some job - just a mother. I always took care of others in HS and I just knew that, that's what I wanted to do. I know it sounds so silly to others who don't understand, but to me it would be my everything. Like make me & my DH life complete - ya know?

Ohhh, I see. Well, you're better than I am hahaa, I woulda started provera tomorrow knowing I didnt O and had nothing to lose. If the doc asked I'd say it came on its own :haha: but thats frusterating that you have to wait atleast another cycle before starting Clomid! I didn't have a saline sono. I didn't have any tests really, besides an u/s to prove I have PCOS. :hugs: hope time flies for you!!! Maybe you'll O on your own next month :D

Hippie, it is sooo painful. My hearing in that ear is dull, and it is constantly throbbing :( and I know exactly the feeling. I always wanted to be a sahm from when I was a kid and my mom was one. I just knew its what I wanted to do, and I truely hope I am able to. I just have a mothering instinct. I always have, so its especially hard since we've had so much trouble conceiving. I dont even know what to do with myself, I NEED someone to take care of lol.

baby, yup - I have the same feeling! I help with the family business but I want to change my job title to full time stay at home mommy on Facebook! I hope it happens to us soon:thumbup:

Me too hippie :D I'd love nothing more! My ear is still killing me this morning. It hurts soooo bad. :( ughhh, I hate this constant pain. Nothing takes it away. I took some tylenol last night and it did absolutely nothing. And my back hurts again this morning and I'm bloated pretty bad. Blahhh, its going to be a long day.

I can't believe how much metformin has made my temps more stable! Awesome. Just hoping ov day was yesterday or today and I get a nice rise tomorrow :)

(Can see chart by clicking dog ticker x)

Thanks very much for your replies Ladies!

Had a bad migraine last night and this morning so a day on the couch for me! Not sure if its down to the Met as I'm very prone to migraines.

I'm on 500g once a day but the consultant said to work my way up to 3 a day, although on the box it says to work up to 2 a day so kind of confused :wacko:

If I'm okay with 500g a day can I up to it 2 a day straight away?

laura, glad your temps are looking good! FX'd you O'd!!!

Yes you can bunny. Some people are started on 1000mg or more straight away. So as long as you're comfortable with moving up it shouldn't be a problem.

As for me, the ear ache is here still and seems to be a little worse. Ughhh.

I do reckon I ov'd. I usually do so will be pissed if the metformin has STOPPED me ovulating! Had +OPKs and ewcm... And ov pain yesterday

Bunny_Boo - As Baby said you can up as soon as you feel comfortable. I was ready to up after being on it for a couple days, but my regular doctor wouldn't let me. That's when I needed to see a OB/GYN and i'm glad I did since she got me to 1000mg. I have to stay at 1000mg for 3 months and I go back to see my her for a check up and go from there. (if i'm not pregnant by then)

Laura - YaY to hear Metformin help'd you O :happydance:

Baby - awwww :( I hope your SIL gives you something to help with your ear ache soon!

As for me - My temp dipped below my cover line. I have no clue what that means. Despite my DH leaving the window open and our room was cold I was toasty warm under the comforters so I don't that didn't play a role and I don't sleep with my mouth open either. I had once again a lot of creamy cm which never happened to me before and slight cramps that come and go so far:shrug:oh well lets see what tomorrow's temp will bring.

Thanks hippie, 5 o'clock just aint comin fast enough! Sorry your temp dropped, I know nothing about temping so I have no idea what that means. :( maybe its just a fluke!

baby - I know what you mean, I've really considered taking the provera now and not waiting out the 35 days. I'm trying to be patient but I'm not very good at it lol. Hopefully you get some antibiotics soon!

Hippie - That is strange about your temps. Is there anyway that the batteries in your themometer might be starting to die? That happened to me a few months ago and I started getting really weird temps. It could also be an implantation dip! Fx that's what it is and that your temps go back up tomorrow!!

Laura - I'm glad the met has helped your temps :) I'm hoping it will soon do the same for me!!

Thanks JL, I hope so too cause it hurts. I think its because of my wisdom teeth. I have one on the right side-bottom that is coming through some more and it has been hurting for about a week now. So maybe thats what is causing the ear ache. Hahaa, you are much much much more patient than I am!!! The only reason I havent taken provera to get af yet is because I did O, and there's still a chance I could get a late bfp. Its a stretch, but I'm only 14dpo today. So I'm not counting myself out quite yet.

JL1363 - I was wondering the same thing! I went out and got another one basal thermometer. The lady at the pharmacy said it sounds like I didn't O *rollseyes* but when I got home and took the temps they were different! The new one was higher while the old one was lower! Will see what happens the next few days. I did test again with OPK and it was negative like the others i've done on random days.

Baby - Well it's after 5pm here EST so i'm hoping you got the meds to help with your ear infection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->