Metformin & PCOS

Hi ladies,

Still feeling under the weather. I wonder if I'm really now getting a slight cold. I feel so blah - I don't want to get out of bed. With that said I'm very concerned about my BBT chart. My post O temps were looking good then went down and now they're barely moving up from the cover line. What do you think? Could being not feeling well effect my temping? I take it every morning at 8:10am and I'm pretty sure i'm hitting the heat pocket on the right side (I take it there everyday, not the left side). Here's my chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f0f35//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Baby - sorry to hear it's a bfn - I hope when you test in a few days it's a bfp ;D

Ready - I agree with the ladies, it's very possible to see a positive OPK and then a few hours be negative. Doesn't mean your out, just the surge lasted a few hours - get to that BD ;)

I rang the helpline as I felt Ive spent so much money on cb products I deserve an answer!lol. They said exactly the same thing as you two girls. Also that The urine quality might not have been strong enough at 1pm as I had already been to the loo 2-3 times by the that time. Very frustrating.

Baby - implantation can take up to 14 days to happen so dont rule yourself out yet. There is still that small window. But I do know how you feel...once a bfn is definate all you want is af to show so you can start all over again! Its an emotional rollarcoaster. x

In all honestly I hate hate hate clear blue. Find their products very unreliable. I bought some of the new clear blue non digital tests this month - OPks that is. This morning whe. Two cheapies were positive, the cb didn't even have a line. Not a smudge of one.

First response OPks are fab.

ugh :growlmad: Im sorry i did the second test at all. I was so happy this morning to see I had O'd, now I just feel sulky and sorry for myself. I suppose lots of :sex: is the only thing to do!

The monitor cost me over €100 and the sticks cost €30 per month, the digi tests today cost another €25, and I bought preseed today for €21!! At this rate the actual baby will be cheaper than trying to make one!! :haha:

I also have LOADS of college work to be doing today and I havent even started yet as Im so distracted! :cry:

So we got back hubby's SA today. Apparently he has low motility. My ob/gyn basically said he needs to see the urologist and we could try a sperm wash and iui. I am so crushed tonight. So not only do we have my issues but hubs has his own. I am going to look for a new ob/gyn after the new year and evaluate where we want to go. I cannot deal with this woman. I definitely just need time to do some research, praying and talking with the hubby.

Krissie, I'm so sorry to hear your hubby has low motility! But it is fixable! :hugs: don't feel so down, I know its hard. Atleast with you and hubby considering waiting a little while you'll have plenty of time to figure it all out. :hugs: sorry life's thrown you another obstacle, it seems like thats all we get sometimes.

KLM, my only concern would be the side effects of BC. I eventually stopped taking them, they were so bad. My hair was falling out and I was grouchy all the time.

I did a GTT before starting metformin. Basically, they do an initial blood draw to see if your glucose levels are at a good starting point so that the test is safe for you. Then you drink this (usually) orange beverage that sort of tastes like that Hi-C you get from MickeyD's. Then they do a blood draw every 1/2 hr for 3 hrs.

Afterwards I felt a lil icky due to the sugar on an empty stomach, but my brother took me to lunch and I felt better in no time.

I had been on bcp for just over 7 years before stopping last October, so I doubt I will have as bad of symptoms as you described.. That sounds terrible!!!:nope:

My second dr ordered the glucose testing for me so I will be doing that next Tuesday since that's my next day off of work. The hubby and I did decide to try the bc method after the dr I saw last explained it in a way that makes sense to me. She explained that metformin might not even help me at all but If its something I decide I want to try, she's on board!

I can only hope that I have good luck with all these new methods I will be trying! Thank you for the wonderful information on that test. It sounds more time consuming than anything but it needs to get done I suppose!

I've too, had the misfortune of learning I had PCOS & have been on Metformin for over a year now. I had awful side effects to the point that I had to stop taking it. I finally talked to my RE about it & was put on an extended release version - it's been 3 months on it, 2000mg a day & no side effects to speak of! I always take it after eating, just to make sure. :) sorry if I've repeated something someone else might have already mentioned, but I didn't read all 40 pages first...lol best of luck to all! :D

Tich - I too take the 24hr extended release as well. I'm now at 1000mg and take it with my dinner even though i don't get any side effects. I never took it the other way, but from the sounds of other ladies, I'm glad i didn't.

Krissie - Sorry to hear about your DH SA:hugs:But it's good that they can fix it.:thumbup:

Baby - How are you doing my dear? I hope the :witch: is staying away :winkwink:

As for me, I'm doubting if I O'd now because my temps are not like last cycle:nope: I know they're above the cover line, but for the last 4 temps including today seems just barely to me. So I think I will test with OPK and see if I got another positive by some chance. I'm just bummed now:(Though good news my sickness went away. I don't have the stomach flips, but I am tired even though I slept for 11hours straight:wacko:Maybe taking the boys trick or treating for 2 1/2 hours did that:haha:

Hi tich :hugs: welcome to the thread!

Hippie, I'm doing okay. I'm on CD 28 and no signs of AF! I'm hoping its a good sign and not just regular ole PCOS. I'm currently 13DPO, and nothing new to report. I'm still having back aches and I'm still bloated. I notice the bloating more at night, I guess cause I want to sleep on my tummy but can't. It has its days where I'm super bloated and some days its just normal bloat. Cervix is still super high and closed as far as I can tell, and it seems firm, but soft at the same time. Not sure whats up with that...? I was super tired last night too! We trick or treated with my neice and went to bed around 10:30. After hubby left I went back to sleep to I got around 11hrs last night too. And I coulda stayed in bed longer lol, but I had to take all the Halloween decorations down so I decided to get up haha. Really everythings still the same over here. I'm glad you're feeling better!!! I think you definitely O'd, try not to over think it. I know its hard, but just relax :) you have a good chance this month!!!

I've been kinda down about the whole ttc thing since the bfn. I told myself I wouldn't let it get to me but I cant help it. I just feel like its impossible for me to have a healthy child.. idk, I guess we all have our moments like this. :shrug:

awwwwww:hugs:I guess both of us need to think positive:thumbup:
Will see what the next few days have to bring for us. I'm 6DPO and feeling just tired and annoyed. The annoyed part comes from my DH because we wet grocery shopping and he managed to LOCK the car with MY keys in it:growlmad:We had to call the police to open my car. I'm trying to keep busy as well. About to make my sauce for pasta and eggs sandwiches for the DH for breakfast time. Though I am getting slight cramps again in the mid area like last time and feeling much more wet as well! I have TONS of creamy CM as well. It's crazy how much I've been getting. I wipe and I see it *TMI* I'm not going to stress this cycle or symptoms if i can help it, lol.:haha:

:hugs: things are sounding good for you baby and hippie. Fx for you both!

I am feeling a lot better today. Hubby did some research on low motility and said he would start taking his vitamins (he has fought me tooth and nail since I bought them). And he is willing to try Maca root (I have some on the counter when I was thinking about trying it). So he is trying to be proactive. So for now he is starting on the vitamins and I am doing my metformin and vitamins. I am feeling positive and more hopeful.

Hippie, this cycle is really sounding good for you! Increased cm can be a sign :D hahaa! Sucks your keys got locked in the car! I've done it before lol. I locked my whole purse in my trunk with groceries in it!! On top of it all it was 100 degree's outside, my milk was really not going to last long! Thank God my phone was in my pocket and I had to call hubby to come unlock my car (he had a spare set). :dohh:

Krissie, I'm glad you're feeling better today! :hugs: and thats great that hubby is agreeing to take his vitamins! Things are looking positive for you as well! :hugs:

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me barging in! I was diagnosed with PCOS in July and have just started metformin tonight after months of pestering the doctors :happydance:

Excited but also a bit nervous of side effects. I was wondering if you don't mind me asking what your experiences are like with it? :flower:

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me barging in! I was diagnosed with PCOS in July and have just started metformin tonight after months of pestering the doctors :happydance:

Excited but also a bit nervous of side effects. I was wondering if you don't mind me asking what your experiences are like with it? :flower:

Hi Bunny_Boo:flower:

I didn't have any side effects with my Metformin because I was put on the 24hr extended release one. I started at 500mg on Aug 24 2012 and after taking it for 50days and losing some weight I got my AF on my own! My gyn upped me to 1000mg 24 ER and I take it at dinner time along with my vitamins as well.

And thanks ladies:hugs: I posted my concerns about my post O temps and one just kept saying I didn't O and really made me feel horrible, but now i'm feeling better :) I can only see what's going to happen in the next few days. According to FF I don't test till Nov 9? Nov 8 is when they think AF will come.

Hi Bunny :) when I first started on Metformin, I had the "usual" side effects - gas, loose bowels, cramping... I started taking a gas reliever along with it, & it helped, but never went away completely. I learned to deal with it, take it before bed, or with meals (after eating - never before) but what I couldn't handle was an aversion to food that developed. (you'd think I'd welcome that - great diet, right? ugh) I couldn't stand the thought of eating most foods & the smell would literally make me nauseous. I stopped taking it because I couldn't stand being sick all the time. I finally talked to my nurse about the extended release version , I now take 1000mg in the morning & another 1000mg after dinner & not one side effect to speak of. I sure hope you don't feel any of the bad side effects & reap all of the benefits! Since being on the ER version for 3 months (& starting Acupuncture x10 weeks) I've now ovulated two months in a row & will go in on Mon for a progesterone test to *hopefully* make it 3 cycles in a row. For someone who couldn't ovulate if her life depended on it, I'm soooo happy to be on Metformin now! Best of luck to you - & everyone! :D

Hi bunny! I'm currently on 1000mg of immediate release. The first day I took metformin I had a horrible stomach ache, and the first day I upped the dose. Other than that, I haven't had really any side effects. I get a bit of an upset tummy here or there with certain foods, but nothing too unbareable. I've been on Metformin for 6 weeks now, and I've lost 5lbs thanks to the met. It has made my appetite decrease a ton, but I haven't really had any food aversions. I've had a pretty good experience with it. My doc asked if I wanted to start on extended release or immediate release, and I chose immediate release because its free lol and I havent had a hard time with it. But if you have a hard time I have heard that the ER is much easier for some people. I havent gotten AF on my own yet, but my doc gave me provera to induce a cycle since I had been 2 months without AF. And the witch is due any day now, assuming I'm not preggers :D Good Luck! Hope it doesn't give you a hard time!!!

PS, I take two 500mg pills first thing in the morning. I havent had any trouble with it, so everyone is different.

Hi bunny, I'm on 500mg per day. I had heartburn and dodgy tummy for the first 4-5 days but that's all gone now. I was on cd42 when I started and af arrived after 2 days of taking it! I ovulated on cd13 this month (didn't o at all last month) I'm very pleased with it :)
Hope it works for you :dust:

Hi Bunny - I'm currently on 1500mg of the immediate release, but I started at 500mg and worked my way up. I take mine right after breakfast every morning and haven't really had any side effects. Fx met works well for you!

Krissie - I'm sorry about your hubby, but I'm glad that you're feeling more positive and that he's taking vitamins. Being proactive is good! :)

Hippie - I think your chart actually looks like you did ovulate, especially because you also had a positive opk and lots of ewcm. Maybe your lower temps could be a result of you feeling sick earlier? I know illness can sometimes do that. Don't count yourself out yet, hopefully the evil witch will stay away!

Baby - I've got my fx for you still. It could still be too early. I know it's hard, but try not to let the bfn get you down too much. Give it a few more days and test again.

As for me, I'm currently on cd27 with no trace of O. I'm just waiting for cd35, then my doc wants me to take provera to induce a period. Hopefully a new cycle + the help of the metformin will bring on an O!

Also, once I get my new cycle my doc (new RE I was just referred to in October) wants me to have a saline sono - have any of you ladies had this done? I've heard so many different stories about it and I'm nervous about the cramping :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->