Metformin & PCOS

Baby, good luck dear , this option is much better and accurate too

JL, thank you dear and best of luck with your tests and scan

Afm, day started here still on bad DH was in fever from yesterday and all night spend in office work
now he is upset with sore throat, m nt sure in this condition he will go for his test or not :S
rest will clear after some hours :)

JL, i'm sure she will call me again for re-scan may be on CD13 or 14, a day after or next

Thanks ladies. My stomach hurt yesterday morning but felt better throughout the day. This morning it feels fine :) that bug lasted WAAAYYYY too long! I'm excited about my appt tomorrow, but also nervous. I dont know where doc wants to go from here, but I'm ready for a change. Idc if its just upping my dose of Clomid. Something has to change because what we are doing isnt working.

So here i back after my scan, it went just OK i'm not happy too much infact i wept alone when back home
:(

follicles seen were as:

In Right Ovary:5.3 x 4.9mm
In Left Ovary: 10.1 x 8.3mm

Dr said they are still small on right side, asked to come on Saturday again fir re-test and do sex one day before on Fri... now let see where it will ends on Saturday

So here i back after my scan, it went just OK i'm not happy too much infact i wept alone when back home
:(

follicles seen were as:

In Right Ovary:5.3 x 4.9mm
In Left Ovary: 10.1 x 8.3mm

Dr said they are still small on right side, asked to come on Saturday again fir re-test and do sex one day before on Fri... now let see where it will ends on Saturday

So sorry to hear. :hugs: hope Saturdays testing brings better results.

Baby - Hopefully you won't have any more trouble with your stomach bug. GL on your appt tomorrow!! Hopefully the doc will do a test and you'll get a surprise bfp!!

Aein - I'm so glad that your DH is going to get tested! It's always good to cover all your bases and check everything :thumbup: GL with your scan tomorrow! Fx you'll have lots of maturing follicles!!! Will you go back for follow up scans after your initial one tomorrow?

Bunny - hopefully you'll feel better soon! It really is the time of year that all those bugs are going around :sick:

Astrid - your ttc regime looks good as well :thumbup: I COMPLETELY know what you mean about just wanting af to show to start a new cycle - up until last month, I hadn't o'd in almost a year and my cycles would easily last 50+ days until they would result in break-through bleeding, which was super heavy and usually made me feel pretty awful. Once I got referred to my RE, she started prescribing me Provera after 35 days with no af. Have you thought about asking your doc for provera to kick start af that way you don't have to wait forever to start a new cycle? Provera can have some minor side effects that can make you feel blah, but all in all it was always nice to start a new cycle with a new chance for a bfp.

Afm, I don't really have a lot to update. I received my hcg trigger shot today to induce o. I go back in two days to confirm with a scan and bloodwork. Hopefully all works the way it's supposed to!

I have used provera before but that was before starting Metformin last year when my periods were irregular. Since taking Metformin I've had regular 28 day cycles. This is the first time in 6 mnths I've had:af: So :shrug: I really don't know.

Thanks ladies. My stomach hurt yesterday morning but felt better throughout the day. This morning it feels fine :) that bug lasted WAAAYYYY too long! I'm excited about my appt tomorrow, but also nervous. I dont know where doc wants to go from here, but I'm ready for a change. Idc if its just upping my dose of Clomid. Something has to change because what we are doing isnt working.

I hope this is your month and tmrw brings good news for you.:hugs: Our regime is almost exactly the same so I'm really interested in what your doc says. So please share

Aein, dont be down :hugs: the follie on your left ovary was a good size, maybe thats the side you'll O off of this month!

Astrid, I will def share what the doc has to say! My appt is super early so I'm hoping I dont have to rush too much before work :wacko: I just hope he has something good to say! How long have you been taking Clomid?

Aein, the one that's at 10 sounds like it could be promising! Don't give up hope yet!

Afm, turns out I hadn't o'd yet. My bbt went up because I was getting sick, by yesterday I had a fever. I'm on CD24 and last cycle I didn't o until CD35, so I'm not counting myself out yet. I have to go out of town to a conference tomorrow-Sat though, so I'm hoping o doesn't happen while I'm gone! DH and I are going to dtd before I leave tomorrow morning, hopefully that will cover us until I get home on Saturday night.

Aein, dont be down :hugs: the follie on your left ovary was a good size, maybe thats the side you'll O off of this month!

Astrid, I will def share what the doc has to say! My appt is super early so I'm hoping I dont have to rush too much before work :wacko: I just hope he has something good to say! How long have you been taking Clomid?

Thanks Baby I would really appreciate the info,
I took chlomid last September and October. I skipped November and December . The last time I took it was January. I haven't taken it for this month because AF is almost 2 weeks late. So that would make 3 cycles.

Ladies, i am hopeful i want to be hopeful

but Dr said right one follicles are small still, we need them to be at 18 .... how can this be possible , m confused

even DH try yesterday but ni success in his test, so you ladies can check when we did BD last time... if we do tdy or tomorrow so he cant go for test, what i do what not i really dun know :(

Dr said to me come on Saturday again and do BD on Fri ...
and i am feeling myself stuck over it, DH is sick saying no energy ... all is useless
why i am taking Tabs,... why yaar... why i always think too much, take myself under oressure and when it all upto DH, he showed like this any problem sometimes workload sometime else
is there any need of Clomid which i take... its now useless to talk about this

i think i should keep in mind i cant be a mother, thats it

Aein - Im so sorry your feeling like this. I'm not sure about follicle size but maybe the other ladies can help. You got to stay positive, you will become a mother but hopefully sooner rather than later. Men don't understand the ttc journey at times and can feel under pressure because they just don't understand. I know my partner would struggle to perform when put under pressure and he would distance himself because he hates talking about things, think it just scares him to be honest.

I hope the other ladies can help more than me but stay positive, it will happen :flow:

Bunny, but when Dr said now you are talking Met, Clomid.... and if no success so sure go with DH retest again... when i ask him he said Dr dun know... how come what Dr dont know.... i dun know why he felt upset with his test thingie, even we back home and didnt ask me wts ur US result wt Dr said... nuthing

i just felt pity on myself, i know he is sick, but last week when Dr prescribed test i asked him to do test on weekend he just ignored and said dont out oressure on me.., and see this week he is sick .... :(

i cant avail this time i know, m thinking to talk with him very clear he want babies or not

I think it would be best just to sit down and talk to him. He might be nervous and scared about what is wrong and why ttc is difficult. It took me ages to get through to my partner and he eventually said he doesn't like thinking there is something "wrong" with us and he said in the nicest way possible that he's glad it's me that has the issue rather than him as I can deal with it better than him. He could not cope with the thought of his little swimmers not being up to standard. It's a man thing, they have their pride and ego.

Now that I've spoken about it with him I've realised he doesn't realy want to discuss it or know much about what I'm doing to get pregnant :)haha:) he said that pressure is horrible and he couldn't perform that way. So we have this deal where I only tell him the important stuff that the doc tells me because he doesn't understand ovulation, timed sex, opks etc. works well for us :) good luck :flow:

I've been on metformin for a little over a month now and I just doubled my dose from 500mg to 1000mg daily. The side effects have been apparent from day one, I had nausea and the stomach troubles but I adjusted after two weeks. But lately (since before I upped my dose) I've been having what I think are pregnancy symptoms. My breast look bigger but they aren't sore, I've also been having headaches and joint pain and the other day both my knees were having horrible sharp pains and throbbing and when I looked it up i found info that says the pain could be caused by this hormone called Relaxin increasing? Also my bladder has been sensitive like when I lay with my husband and he puts his hand on my lower stomach if he puts any kind of pressure or presses down at all I get this instant pain in my bladder like I have to pee. I've also had heartburn And of course I've been nauseous and TIRED!!!

I know the only way to know for sure is to test but I'm scared of the BFN!! :( when I looked on other online forums there were ladies who became pregnant after only a few days or two weeks on 500mg or 1000mg. So I know it's possible but it feels like I just wouldn't be that lucky, like its been so long that I don't think it would happen so fast for me after starting treatment.

So I need opinions.. Does it sound like pregnancy or am I getting carried away with the metformin side effects? A lot of them seem to overlap and it's so confusing. I have a Drs appt in two weeks and of course they'll test me then but I'm dying of anticipation and a part of me wants to test now but I can't take another BFN. I guess I just need some reassurance that its not all in my head. If some one else can tell me "yep that sounds like pregnancy!" then I would feel more comfortable testing

I havnt had side effects on met so I'm afraid I'm not much help but I know he most common are tummy issues and feeling sick but some of the symptoms you've mentioned I wouldnt associated with met as I've never heard anyone complaining of it before so it may well be pregnancy symptoms and I really hope they are! I know what you mean about bfn they are so depressing :(

Thanks you Bunny_Boo! I sure hope so too!! :) If I decide to test before my appt I will post the results and also the results from my appt

Yes please do! :)

I want to test tomorrow as I think I'll be about 12dpo with AF due Saturday but the thought of getting a bfn is putting me off :(

Aein - :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so down :hugs: Try not to worry too much about the follicles tho - the one in your left ovary is a pretty good size given that you're only on cd11. Follices usually grow anywhere from 1-3mm per day and I've even had one of mine grow 4mm in a day once. The most important thing to is to ensure that the follicles are growing, not so much the rate at which they're getting bigger. If anything, it may just mean that you o a bit later than you're used to this month. Try not to stress too much before your next scan, you might go back and find that you now have two almost mature follicles! Oh - and it's definitely still possible for the follie in your right ovary to catch up to the left, especially if you have a few days still before you o. As for DH taking the test, mine was kind of like Bunny's - taking the test was REALLY stressful for him. He was worried that something would be wrong with him and felt really guilty at the idea of it being "his fault". This made taking the test really difficult for him. We spent a lot of time talking it out and about how no one is to "blame" and how you can't help biology, and he was eventually able to do it. Definitely sit down and have a heart to heart with your DH. I'm sending all my positive thoughts your way!! :hugs:

AlyCon - like Bunny has mentioned, a lot of the symptoms you've experienced I've never heard associated with met side effects. The main I know about is (obviously) tummy troubles but I've never heard anyone mention things like joint pain or increasing breast size. I'd definitely be tempted to test if I were you, but I know what you mean about a bfn - they're always heartbreaking. How many dpo are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->