Metformin & PCOS

don't give up Bunny, your body is now getting in for a position so please stay calm...
when you will visit Dr??

I visit aroun April time which will be 6 months on metformin

ohh i see, but cant you go early and discuss with Dr, may be dose changed or sumthing else added, whats your concern?

16Hrs passed with Pregnyl .... feeling very lazy even didn't slept well in night, very hot flashes inside body
and now pain started on left side.... may be Oing pain :/

Welcome Chasity. So sorry for your bad news. I too am cutting out sweets and caffeine in hopes it will help.

Thanks Krissie for talking about gluten. I am confused about all of the information that I am reading. It seems like all of a sudden this is out in the open. I noticed today at the grocery store just how many new products there are in the baking isle that are labeled gluten free. My problem is I have low blood sugar levels, and I’m always feeling like it is too low. I have felt more stable in the last few weeks. Good luck in your new home!

JL, get a bfp!

Aly, I hope it is positive.

Aein, catch that eggy!

Bunny, try to keep a positive mental attitude.

I have been very tired. I don’t feel like doing anything. I hope this fog passes quickly and I can get back to my busy life.

16Hrs passed with Pregnyl .... feeling very lazy even didn't slept well in night, very hot flashes inside body
and now pain started on left side.... may be Oing pain :/

Aein - I had the same symptoms as you when I received my hCG trigger (we are on very similar ttc plans!!). My o pains were actually pretty intense and almost felt like af pains, and I definitely had hot flashes! My RE said that most women will o within 36 hours of receiving the trigger and that seemed to be when my o cramps were the worst. Fx you had good timing with :sex: and GL that this month ends with a bfp!!!

Bunny - :hugs: sorry you're having a hard time. TTC can be so hard on our emotions and our relationships :( I know that there have certainly been times when my relationship with dh has been put under stress due to all the of problems, losses, and emotional roller coasters that comes with pcos and making a baby. Don't give up yet, maybe you can meet with your doc a bit earlier? Having said all that, you need to do what's best for you. If you're really feeling like you need to take a break then maybe try to ntnp for awhile. Hopefully your body will regulate soon! We're all here for you :hugs:

Aly - good luck with the frer!! Fx for your bfp!!

SweetMel - hopefully your energy returns soon!

Afm - I'm 5dpo. I have been having some cramping in my low abdomen and had the smallest amount of brownish spotting on the applicator when I inserted my progesterone suppository last night (but there was none on my panty liner - have to wear them because of the messy suppositories - or when I wipe after using the bathroom - sorry tmi!!). I'm trying not to read into these at all because it is still SO early on. Bah! Why do I do this to myself?!? :haha:

JL, yes we are going with same situation... hope we both catch it <3 and yes yesterday we did BDing and Dr said do again tdy night :dohh::happydance:

so today scan showed Ovulation occured, now Dr give me Cyclogest Progesterone to take in night from 22 Feb ( 7th day after HCG shot) till next 10 days, and have to visit again on 6th March :thumbup:

JL & anyother Lady, i need your guidanc please let me know how you are taking your progesterone, please let me know the method, my Dr didnt told me and i m quite surprised to not take oral but via Vagina :shrug:

JL, yes we are going with same situation... hope we both catch it <3 and yes yesterday we did BDing and Dr said do again tdy night :dohh::happydance:

so today scan showed Ovulation occured, now Dr give me Cyclogest Progesterone to take in night from 22 Feb ( 7th day after HCG shot) till next 10 days, and have to visit again on 6th March :thumbup:

JL & anyother Lady, i need your guidanc please let me know how you are taking your progesterone, please let me know the method, my Dr didnt told me and i m quite surprised to not take oral but via Vagina :shrug:

I have to take mine vaginally as well. It's a bit messy and kind of a pain, but you get used to it pretty quickly. My doc told me just to insert it with my finger (mine didn't come with applicators) and that I can use lubrication if it feels uncomfortable inserting it (it generally doesn't tho). I am constantly worried about not getting it up far enough or it sliding out :haha: so I always try to lay down for at least 20 minutes after I put one in (you can also prop your pelvis up with a pillow if you want). You'll definitely want to wear a panty liner, because you will have some leak out, but my my RE has told me that's perfectly normal and not worry because most of the progesterone absorbs within 20 minutes of inserting it anyways. I find it easiest to set my alarm earlier than I need to get up so I can wake up, insert one, and then go back to sleep. For my evening one, I just insert it right before I go to bed (so again, I'm laying down to go to sleep). The afternoon one can be a bit tricky, but I try hard to work my schedule around it to make sure I can lay down for 20 min after putting it in. They do make me a bit sleepy afterward and I'm having some cramps today and am wondering if they're related to the progesterone, but who knows :shrug: Other than that, I haven't really had any side effects. My doc also told me that vaginal suppositories are better because the hormone goes straight to your uterus without being broken down by the liver first (which is what would happen if you took the med orally).

I'm so happy that you confirmed O!! :thumbup: GL with your test on March 6th!!! I have to go for a blood test on March 1st to check for pregnancy. I really hope this will be the month for both of us!! <3

Thanks you so much JL, now i am relax... so after 3 days i will start it but i have to take only one in night
so i m sure it will be more relax for me to take , lay down andgo for sleep :)

rest hope and prays for all of us, for positive result <3

Thanks everyone! I actually have had NO side effects from the met or the prometrium and the prometrium actually is the only way to jump start af but ive heard the met does that too.... :? As soon as af comes ill start charting which I think will be real soon because ive been spotting for two days! The only thing with the metformi. Is I can't eat our weekly mexican meal that we do every week it does not agree with the medicine if you know what I mean! A lot of what I have read is the met only takes up to 6 months to work but a lot have gotten pregnant quickly with it so im very excited and hope im not an exception to that!! Baby dust to all!

Hello Ladies, where are you all and what are you upto

my dears, Bunny, Krissie, Baby, Laurabe.......

missing ya all

I hope any of you ladies can give me some advice....Ive not posted on here for a while, as I took a backseat for TTC, anyhoo, as my GP who I have now is useless and I am about to change my GP as I&#8217;ve had enough of this one. I was put on metformin back in Oct, late October, I kept taking it up until late Decemeber, I took myself off it and I could not handle the side effect, constant stomach upset, trips to the toilets with one min to spare, I didn&#8217;t lose any weight either etc. etc... I have been told I may well have PCOS; it&#8217;s still not a 100% diagnosis yet! My periods are regular and always usually on time except the odd one that is not, i.e. late or early.... anyway, since I was on metformin, my periods have changed, I now bleed for much longer, my period in Novemeber and mid December - ish, I bleed for 9 days, and now this month&#8217;s period, I have bleed for now 15 days, I say bleed its now turned into spotting ( every time I wipe there&#8217;s blood) its changing from bright red to dark red now with some mucus in it today (sorry TMI)I only usually bleed longest is 6 days only&#8230; I saw my useless Gp, she insists it&#8217;s not a MC, and I&#8217;ve asked to be referred to a gyny to get a proper diagnosis for pcos, as when I was with my Gp found out she never bothered to refer me at all.... I just want to know has anyone who&#8217;s like me who used to have regular "normal" timed periods and used metformin and it screwed up there cycles and changed them? I just don&#8217;t know what to do, I&#8217;m sitting here still spotting on CD 15 now and my GP is not worried!!!! These longer bleeds ONLY started after me taking metformin, which I stopped talking late decemeber, how long does it take to get out of system and will it pereminatly screw my cycle up now :( Thanks xxx

Hello ladies. Sorry I've been mia lately, just been busy with work & my new nephew. I have my dr appt tomorrow, & I am NOT sleeping through it this time! I've been feeling like AF is on the way this past week. Slight cramps, boobs aching, ect. I'm not sure what CD I'm on, but I started my period last time on 1/25 so it should be about that time. I'll have to look at a calendar to calculate what cd I'm on... Probably should before I go to the obgyn tomorrow, he might want to know lol. Anyways, my nephew is now a week old. Sooo tiny! He's such a sweetheart too. He's currently sleeping on my lap lol. How is everyone else doing???

Janie, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Before I started Met I had a period that lasted 21days. But the Met has worked wonders for me. I've lost weight, my periods are regulating, & they've been lighter & shorter than they were. I guess it has different effects on everyone, but I think most people on this thread have had positive effects on their cycles from the Metformin.

Baby, welcome dear and so nice little boy is tickling with youm awwww m missing kids around
best of luck with your appointment dear, thumbs up

i've gone through HCG shot, so now on cd21 5dpo.... and from Friday night gonna start Progesterone for next 10 days... i m hope all goes well

JL, what are you upto, how your bidy reacting with progest??

Hi ladies! Cd 47 and counting! My body is so bloody stubborn :haha:

Baby- hope your enjoyin your nephew, I'm sure he's growing fast! Good luck with your appt let us know how you got on :)

Aein - I hope this cycle brings a nice wee bfp! How are you feeling about it all? Is the tww going slow?

Janie66, I would be upset too. PCOS is an estrogen dominant disease. It sounds like your estrogen levels are way too high, and they need to be balanced. I can’t handle metformin either. I take a chromium supplement instead. Also, to combat the insulin resistance that goes along with PCOS, I am keeping my carbohydrate consumption really low. I haven’t been in your particular situation before. My cycles are finally regular for the first time in my life, and I’m 36. They have only been regular for the past year. Hang in there. Maybe they will go back to the way they were soon.

Baby, Good luck at the doctor.

Aein, progesterone should work wonders for you. Be warned, it will make you sleepy.

Sorry for your stupid long cycle Bunny.

AFM, I ‘m keeping to my diet. It has been 40 days on my low carb diet, and I haven’t cheated. I went to my neighbors birthday party yesterday and didn’t eat the cake or the ice cream. I’m proud of myself for resisting the temptation. I have lost 12 lbs. I’m waiting to ovulate. I should o sometime next week. I have been remembering to chart my bbt every morning. That should help me to know exactly what day I ovulate on after it happens. That’s about it for me girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->