Metformin & PCOS

i just google some stuff and let it know Preseed and Egg white.... these two things used to increased motility... anyone have idea about??

Aein - I've used Preseed for awhile now and I really like it. It's supposed to help create an optimal environment for dh's swimmers to travel in. If you're interested, I would recommend it - it's certainly not going to do any harm! Also, in regards to taking the clomid - I would still take it as well go for scans, etc. Even tho DH has low motility, all it takes is one of his swimmer to get there! GL this cycle and :dust: to you!

thank you JL, let see i discuss with DH about Preseed, and try to get it next time when i visit Dr so can use it at time of Oing, and Okay will go ahead with Clomid and Scans this cycle too

rest God knows whats better :)

Hi StayHopeful. How are you doing?

I'm doing pretty well. I saw my FS last mon and she decided to count my spotting/light bleeding as AF even though we think I didn't o. She also decided to double my Metformin dose, so now I'm taking 1500mg extended release every night. I haven't had any tummy troubles, but I've had headaches and been dizzy all week. Not fun:wacko: I'm on CD 13 this morning. DH and I hadn't bd'd yet this cycle, I was spotting for a week and then this week was just too nuts at work, so this morning was the first chance we got. As of yesterday my bbt hadn't risen, today my bbs are a little sensitive but I didn't take my bbt since I slept in. I guess I'll see what it says tomorrow.

Three friends posted their gender reveals on FB yesterday... I can't help but hurt every time I look at them.:cry:

Aien, I use preseed every time. The first time we used it was the night we conceived our first pregnancy. I really like it during TTC. Sometimes you just can't get in the mood as much as other times when you're on a schedule, and for me Clomid made me dry out a lot down there so preseed helped a lot with that too. The nurses at my FS office even use it as their lubricant during the IUIs I've had.

Aein, I think you should still take the Clomid, & try the preseed. I'm going to be trying preseed for the first time this cycle also. I wanted to try it before but everytime I went to get it they were always out of stock. Good luck!

Krissie, fx'd that you do O! Even if you are taking a brake :)

Afm, I'm on CD9. Took my last Clomid pill today & I should ovulate sometime late next week-early the following week. So starting tomorrow we will be dtd on a daily basis with the aid of preseed. Fx'd it finally works!

I hope you ovulate Krissie. It sounds good. It is always nice to know you can even if you are not trying this month.

Aein, I agree with krissie. It is going to take a few months to see improvement in swimmers. You should still continue to do everything though. I bought preseed last month and we have used it a few times. I haven’t developed an opinion about it yet. Sorry.

Stayhopeful and Baby, I hope you o soon.

Afm, I’ve been getting some exercise. We went to the ice rink Friday night. I have never been in a pair of ice skates before. It was really fun. We plan on going back soon. Today the weather was so beautiful. We went to the park. I also bought a Jillian Michaels workout video, and I will be trying that tomorrow. I have to do something to get off of this plateau. I still have 28 lbs to lose.

thank you Ladie

luckily on another forum i asked Ladie same quetion and 6 of them ued Pressseed firt time while tking Clomid and got a bfp, one delivered baby and some are on the way, i felt happy to read positive thing

try my utmost to get this

:dust:Hi there I've been taking metformin 1500mg for 2 year, pcos diagnosed 4yrs ago, before taking metformin I was asked to drop my weight to under bmi 35, after doing this fertility nurse discharged us with the metformin, told me to loose weight, let nature to take its course. Ive since lost 2.5st, periods are 33-35 day cycles.:happydance:
Have found the metformin a little hard to tolerate over the 2 years but has got easier, breaks all fats down so hence if you eat something high fat it will get rid of that asap, hence the diahorrea, stomach cramps, bloating, gas.
She asked me to have monthly ovulation blood tests, but heard nothing after this..
feeling a little uncomfortable at being discharged and to let nature happen, with pcos not so easy..
trying to stay positive:happydance: got appointment with the fertility clinic this week as eager to move onto the next step as over 3+ yrs of trying...:thumbup:
:dust::dust:

Hi wishful!! I think you're right, I think they are pretty much the same things. How long have you been taking the 1000mg?? I hope it works for you too!!!

Hi there nice to join you on this thread, i've been on metformin 1500mg for 2yrs, also been trying for over 3+yrs now:blush:
ttc baby number 1, its like an emotional rollercoaster, celebrating mothers day for all fab mums but feeling emotional at the same time at when will it be my time:cry::cry:
sending lots of luck
:dust:

Welcome Optimistic :)

nice to see on this thread, i'm also taking Metformin from last 3 months, also started 2nd round of Clomid too, as far as Metformin concerned i didnt get any side effects and i felt within 2 months my cycles back to 26/27 from 35/36 .. but last cycle i also go with HCG shot and used Progesterone too so my cycle again up for 5 days, but i'm good as its regulating my body and i am Ovulating,

i'm hopeful soon when you comes into Clomid round surely get a miracle :)

Welcome optimistic :hugs: I too have been ttc for quite some time so I know how you feel. Stay positive hun.

Afm, we tried the preseed today. It was a very noticeable difference. I didnt think I was "dry" but after using the preseed one time I wonder if I may be... & maybe thats adding to the difficulty of ttc. We're going to be using it for atleast the next two weeks when I should be O'ing. Its cool how much it really mimics fertile cm. I hope it works!

Bunny, how are you? Havent heard from you in a while!

woow that sounds cool baby, i m trying my best to findout it somewhere in the town really :)

yes Bunny where are you, hows things going on??

Baby - I had a really similar experience when I started using preseed and was surprised by the difference it made. I've gotten so used to the feeling that I definitely feel dry when we don't use it. Maybe this will be the one thing your ttc plan was missing. GL this cycle! You sound like you have a great plan with the clomid (and having confirmed O in past cycles) as well as frequent dtd and preseed! :thumbup:

Aein - I'm glad to hear you've decided to stick with the clomid and scans this month :) I have been lucky enough to find Preseed at a local store in my area but I know there are lots of women on bnb that order it online - maybe this could be an option for you?

Stayhopeful - Fx you O soon! GL catching the eggie! :)

SweetMel - GL with your weight loss!! Reaching a plateau SUCKS and can be a hard time to not feel discouraged, but try to stay positive and keep going - it sounds like you're really doing amazing in terms of exercising and sticking to your low carb diet!! :thumbup: Do you notice a big difference in the way you feel since you've made these changes?

Welcome Optimistic! Fx your appt at the fertility clinic goes well! Keep us updated :)

JL, i really go for online order but bad thing we are living here on a rented flat, and we don't know whats exactly address for courier, also if i order them and when Sales person come near and if he spoke Arabic, thats difficult for me to guide him... i'm trying to learn Arabic while leaving here but still no success :)

Afm, i felt this cycle AF was very change, one whole day in brown spotting, CD1 and CD2 was in flow but very light, nt like before and Yesterday at CD3 was more lighter and after some hours whole day no bleeding, till yet looks AF gone.... will observe till evening else i'll take bath :)

Thanks for the input JL! Its nice to know I'm not the only one who didnt think I was dry until I used the preseed :haha: how have you been feeling?

Aein, is it possible for you to get a P.O. box, or have the preseed sent to a family member or friends home? Just some thoughts. :hugs: sounds like you got lucky with AF this month! I had no such luck with her going easy on me, so be glad!

Yes baby this is what i discuss with dh in morning to get address of his best friend or colleague so we might can use for delivery, let see

i'm in scaey type of pain since evening ... mild cramps like AF coming, but AF in real it disappears with light spotting today :/

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm one metformin for my pcos. Since I started it my cycle has been regular at 28 days. I was on chlomid but have not taken it for two months. In January I spotted for two days then it stopped but no heavy bleeding so I chalked this up to a period and moved on. February I did not get a period I did pregnancy tests for weeks and still nothing. Then one 1st of march I finally got a period after two months without. Now here I am 11 days later and I'm still bleeding, heavily! I have medium sized clots still and it smells horrible. Recently I started taking rasberry ketones for weight loss could this be the reason? I also stopped taking the metformin the same day I started the rasberry ketones. Also i am having insomnia. i feel tired and weird in my face most days . I'm tired if wasting money at private doctors who don't seem to help me at all so I've decided that if I'm still bleeding at the end of the week to go to the hospital. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is this normal for pcos-ers ? At this point I'm so fed up of my body I have just become this moody unhappy person I find myself going to a place where I'm just tired and don't care anymore . Can anybody offer any help or advise. I want to be armed with information if I have to go to the doctor as I'm developing a strong dislike of these people. (Doctors) as I'm writing this I'm crying cause I just feel so angry and sad all at the same time. Has anyone experienced this before am I abnormal ?

Astrid- I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't have much advise. I do know before I took the Metformin my periods were very heavy and lasted for a long time. Usually 9-21 days. They would occur at random from just a couple weeks inbetween to nearly a year. I hope someone else can give you more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->