mid term ttc!

ok so i just came back from my GP.. went to get reports for just a routine blood work and i am told i have a low FSH and LH and i may have a PCOS.
i will go for ultrasound next week.
I am so devastated.. i also have low throid levels..
doctor just told me to drink lots of water and exercise and cysts will go away.
anyone knows about low Hormones level? plez help

If i could i would love to join. Kinda new to all this. My husband and i have been trying to conceive a yr this month. And found out Nov.5,2008 that i have PCOS. I have a 4 1/2 yr old son. And got pregnant right away. But now i feel like im pregnancy challenged.LOL

of course you can join, i have a 3 year old who i fell preg with straight away, but have found out last month i have pcos also. welcome xx

anegaraussie aw im so sorry for your results, i dont know how true it is about drinking lots of water and your cysts will go away, excerscise is good for pcos though hun, i know its a scary thing to be told i was so overwhelmed last month when i got told i have it, but you need to remember its very possible to get pregnant when you have pcos, you just need to figure out if your ovulating could the doc do a day 21 progestrone test for you? Good luck at your ultrasound and remember pcos is very commmon and is managable xxx

thanks a lot Claire.. well i was doing some research on google and found out that they r not that low.. made me feel a bit better..
i wil start exercising from tommorow ..... i fee so gutted today tho :(:cry:

you just need to get your head round it hun, wait till your scan it might just be mild or not there at all. Sumtimes docs get it wrong do u have regular periods?

unfertile, we'd be happy to have you join us. I hope you won't have to be with us long and quickly move over to first tri!

Aneageraussie, I'm so sorry about your results hun. But I do know that PCOS is very treatable and many many people get pregnant while having it. I think you might have a mild case since you still have relatively short cycles. Some people have very very long cycles or none at all. I had never heard that about exercise, but I hope it helps. At least now they know you have it, they might be able to do something to help you (like clomid or something). I also have low thyroid levels, and when I started medicine my cycles went from 42-43 days down to 36 days so far, so maybe they can give you some medicine for that also.

Well I was hoping to have a very lucky St. Patrick's day this morning, but instead I got a BFN. :( My temp is still high and no sign of AF, so I'm not giving up completely, but I did have some cramps yesterday so I think she's on her way any time now. I guess tomorrow's temp will tell more (funny, I've been saying that for like 3 days now). :)

cutie maybe you ovulated later than what u thought. As long as :witch: stays away!! x

Aneageraussie- I am so sorry to hear about your results. :hugs: Don't lose hope.

Well girls tomorrow I'm beginning my :sex: marathon. Wish me luck in cycle 7! I am still feeling pretty positive and good about it. But OH thinks I am being way too positive and getting my hopes up really high. He says he feels really positive this cycle as well, but is afraid I'm going to have a huge fall if it doesn't happen... because as he said we can really only do so much, but in the end we really don't have any control over it.

I can't help it... its gotta happen. I'm going crazy! :)

bobobaby let the :sex: marathon begin yeyyyy and i think lots of PMA is a good thing what harm can it do? you go get your christmas baby xx

bobobaby let the :sex: marathon begin yeyyyy and i think lots of PMA is a good thing what harm can it do? you go get your christmas baby xx

thanks hun. The truth is I'm usually kind of negative every month about this, so I'm trying something different this month by being so positive!

Come on Christmas baby!!

I think that's an excellent attitude! It's going to be a big letdown if AF comes whether you were expecting a BFP or not, so I think PMA is the way to go. Think positive to get positive (that's what I learned here on BnB)! :)

Oh Claire, I just read that thyroid replacement meds used to treat hypothyroid can lengthen LP, so I'm thinking that's what has happened to me, because this was my first full cycle on the medicine. So I think even though I'm 14 or 12dpo, both of which are longer than normal for me, it doesn't necessarily mean anything yet. But I think that will definitely help for future cycles!

well i think its a good thing that your lp is getting longer gives the eggy more time to implant if not this month then in next month :) xx

Hey girls

wow, what a lot to catch up on!!

unfertile - welcome!!
claire - ring every day, make a pest of yourself, I would. For them this is every day stuff but they forget it's so important to us.
bobobaby - go get some :sex:!!
aussie - keep smiling hun, i hope you're feeling a bit more ok about stuff :hug:
cutie - FX!!
and :dust: to all !!!!

Bit of an update, read on here somewhere that grapefruit juice helps to thin cm which makes it easier for sperm to swim in. Urban myth?? Am desparate so will try anything! Anyway, do seem to have more cm this month, coincidence? Tastes foul but I'll keep on drinking it if it helps!!

:hug:

Mrs. G, I've heard that somewhere too about the grapefruit juice. I think it can't hurt to try! I'm interested to see if it works for you! :)

Mrgs G i will see if it works for you before i start drinking it yuk haha xx

So far I've tried asda, tesco and sainsbury, fresh and long life and only found 1 that's not awful!!!! Go for a pink grapefruit one if you try to, slightly less yuk!!!

The things we'll do for a baby!!!

Sorry aussie, hope the scan goes well. :hug:
Welcome unfertile!
bobo, good luck with the :sex: marathon!
Cutie, :dust:
MrsG, I actually like grapefruit juice so I am considering trying that!
Claire, like the new pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->