mid term ttc!

It's CD21, but my Dr. is probably going to have me come back every week after that. I don't temp and I haven't used OPK's this cycle, so I'm starting on 21 and we'll see what happens.

Bizy Bee~ has it made you feel any more "at peace" since you've been to see the doc? I have an appt. in the morning. I am quite excited to get the ball rolling!

Not to worry... I will keep you ladies posted :)

Hey girls
This is my 6th cycle of TTC..I have been docs who did throyids and hormones test and all ok.. Did a 21 day test but results low as went at wrong time.. Cause cycles vary every cycle its so hard to know when to go..Might see what this cycle is and re book for next cycle which is cycle 7.. :(

I was on bc for ten years and stopped in September, good thing tho is periods are okish since stopping, might not be same cd every month but least i get them every four or five weeks.. :() i know some people wait months for cycles to return..

Doctor wont do any more tests until its been a year so its a bit annoying.. but then i think there all like that, least he is willing to do day 21 test..

I didnt think i be here i kind of thought it would happen how wrong was i..
How you ladies all getting on?
xx

Bizy Bee~ has it made you feel any more "at peace" since you've been to see the doc? I have an appt. in the morning. I am quite excited to get the ball rolling!

Not to worry... I will keep you ladies posted :)

Yes, it has made quite a difference in how I feel. It's good to know my OH has good swimmers and my tubes are not blocked. Now we just have to figure out if I am ovulating. I'll admit, I did obsess over OPK's and HPT's at one point, but I am over it now. Hope your appointment goes well!

It's CD21, but my Dr. is probably going to have me come back every week after that. I don't temp and I haven't used OPK's this cycle, so I'm starting on 21 and we'll see what happens.

I think that sounds like a great plan!

BizyBee,
What tests did the dr do on yourself? Mine wont do much more than the day 21 tests as its suppose to be a 12month before he will do anything else :( annoying i know.. think i might repeat my day 21test this month as last month it was taken wrong time so thats crap as cycles are different every month so hard to track ovulation.. x

my doc did cd21 test and more blood tests on cd3 to check other hormone levels, i had a scan which diagnosed polysistic ovary and my OH had a sperm test. Now i have to go in this week sumtime to get results of my latest bloods and she will refer me to gyne.

I feel like i might as well just not even try this month my OH has a very stressful busy week at work he will be home late i doubt he will be up for :sex: any night this week. Im due to ovulate on saterday but my cervix already feels high soft and open so i might pee on a opk. Im so stressed this week already he said he will do his best but i know him to well :(

So sorry huni. Its crap how stress affects us all!
I had the throyids tests and hormones tests all ok, was on BC for like ten years and on 6th cycle of TTC hope it happens soon!
Day 21 test was low last cycle but to be honest went at the wrong time as period didnt arrive till like 14days ltr.. lol.. My cycles change every month so hard to go for the 21day test.. however prob make an appointment this week.. as i am so sure i have ovulated last week going off my CM.. however CP is still high and still week so really unsure where i am still.. lol
Worth another try tho doc said he can do this a few times might talk to him re clomid too see what he says but doubt he will give me any too soon i think..
x

Hi beauty, my doc is the same as yours. I had some bloodwork for hormones and thyroid check, on CD3, but I think they only did that since I pushed the issue about having cycles longer that 40 days. I haven't done any CD21 tests and doc says they won't give me anything (like Clomid) or investigate further until it's been a year (I have 3 months to go). I'm thinking I probably have PCOS also (my tests show high levels of testosterone and a few other indications, like LH and FSH levels/ratios, acne, etc.), but they won't do the scan to confirm it until it's been a year. I too was on BC for 10 years, so that masks some of the effects. So I'm just trying away every cycle, but really looking forward to a few months when I can go and get some help! I think it doesn't hurt to go ahead and ask your doc about the clomid - worst he can do is say no, and that's no worse than where you are now. Good luck!

i was hoping for clomid but i just thought a GP carnt perscribe it can they? does it have to be a gyne? and if so i know there is about a 3 month wait to even get 1st appt in my area :( it sucks!!

No sure I thought the GP gave it you, thats what i have read on some of the other website i think he just has to make sure your not pregnant before supplying the drug and try you on a really low dose first..

like cutie4evr01 said worth a try in asking, worse he can say is no, plus might give me more light on if they can supply you with it or if it does need to be a year before he will..

I will make my appointment i think now for Wednesday morning and get some cd21 tests done again! No idea when ovulated but its worth a go!! I am on cd29 now went on that last time so maybe leave it till cd31.. Hopefully it will show i ovulate, if not then i know i went to early again!! Had a 45 day cylce last month however hoping this month is better as feeling like witch is due as my boobs are hurting a little (not hurting more aching) and few cramps! Will let you ladies know re clomid
xx

It's different in the US, as our health care is private. Typically Drs. will wait a year, but they are more lenient about the time restraints depending on the situation. I had irregular cycles before I went on the pill, so my Dr. worried about what would happen after I stopped. I took it for about 8 years. I am now coming up on 10 months of TTC. I spotted for weeks during the first few months and I've had really long cycles since. So far I've had an internal scan, HSG test, bloodwork, and OH has had a semen analysis.

Good luck with all the testing!!

I am officially in the TWW. Please please please let this be it!!
I spent all day looking after my 3 yr old neice and 1 yr nephew and now that they are gone it just makes me super sad not having babies around! But hopefully I'll have my own in 9 more months...

Well I went to see my gyno this morning. This is my 11th month ttc. I obviously wanted to bring up the infertility issue with her, but the main reason I was there was for painful af. After telling her how awful the pain has been, and how it has gotten worse in the last 18 months or so. (TMI warning) I also have intense pressure/pain in my bum/ tailbone when I try to go #2. Only while af is visiting though. Well she suggested that I have laproscopy to see if I have endometriosis. I really hate that whole idea cause i am a huge wuss, but she said it was the only way to diagnose endo. I am mulling it over. In the mean time she prescribed me some prescription strength motrin and lortabs!!!

What do you all think? I find it hard to believe there isn't anything else we should rule out 1st before slicing open my gusts and sticking a camera in it!!!

Not sure what to think.

Also where do we go to get the DH :spermy: tested?

Also where do we go to get the DH :spermy: tested?

My OB/GYN referred him, gave me the paperwork/cup and he had to drop the sample off at the Drs. office within 1/2 hour. I'm surprised your Dr. didn't mention it when you were there.

your doc should be able to sort out your oh sperm test although it might be differnt where you live, also a laparscopy really isnt that bad hun its just a little cut at your belly button and they push a little tube down with a camera on to have a look, then they give you 1 or 2 disolvable stitches in the cut its usually a day procesdure and you just take it easy for a day or 2 i had to have one of these when i had a ovarain cyst.

Good luck with all the testing!!

I am officially in the TWW. Please please please let this be it!!
I spent all day looking after my 3 yr old neice and 1 yr nephew and now that they are gone it just makes me super sad not having babies around! But hopefully I'll have my own in 9 more months...

FX for you hun. Come on lucky no 7.
:hug:

your doc should be able to sort out your oh sperm test although it might be differnt where you live, also a laparscopy really isnt that bad hun its just a little cut at your belly button and they push a little tube down with a camera on to have a look, then they give you 1 or 2 disolvable stitches in the cut its usually a day procesdure and you just take it easy for a day or 2 i had to have one of these when i had a ovarain cyst.

Oh I know I'm just a wuss. It also just seems a little extreme to recommend even a minor surgery when she hasn't even examined me.... I mean my gosh isn't there something we can rule out first!!! haha i'll prob. end up doing it anyway.

wishn, is there anything else that could be causing your discomfort? I think if endometriosis is the only option, the the lap is probably the only way to confirm. But if it's possible it might be something else, I'm sure there are less invasive tests to be done first. Do you have any problems with ovulation? They could do some simple blood tests for hormones/thyroid, those are usually the first steps. Or painful periods might also be due to an issue with the uterine lining or something, and I thought they could do an ultrasound or even a vaginal ultrasound to check for those types of things. I think if there's a chance it may be something other than endometriosis, it doesn't hurt to try some of these other things first. Good luck!

Thanks Cutie4Eva~

There is a possibility that its not endo for sure. Thats why I would feel so dumb going ahead with the lap if there are tests we can do to see if it's something else first (even if it's less likely). I don't think it has anything to do with ovulation however. I have always had very regular periods, and since we have been ttc I have done the OPK and temping and it always points to ovulating on cd10. So I would be very surprised if that were the case!

At the same time though I would hate to put it off because i'm a chicken only to wind up doing it anyway 6 months from now, and then find out that not only did I have endo but get my :bfp: right after having the lap done!!!

oh geez~ i'm so conflicted :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->