Midwife Appointments

PrincessSoph

Reaction score
how important are they?

I know they are obviously important but I have one booked for 27 weeks on 12th May but I was due to go back to Germany for 20days on the 3rd of May. Do you think its a bad idea to go for it at 29 weeks?

I could fly out the day after my appointment but I know many airlines dont allow pregnant ladies on who are over 27 weeks.

Go on the vacation. It's going to be the last one you get for a little while. I went on 2 week vacation at about 34-36 weeks - didn't fly though. If you're really worried about it see if you can get the appt. schedule for the day before you leave and/or the day afteryou get back. Also, many airlines do let you fly well into the 3rd trimester. Call the airline and find out for sure. You may just need a note clearing you to fly.

Airlines will let you fly at 27weeks but some need a note from your doctor - usually the cheaper airlines like easyjet. Other airlines (swiss air) don't request a doctors note until 32 weeks..... Most of them are happy to take you up to 36weeks if you have a note.

Might be worth asking the midwives if they think you'd be OK to wait until 29weeks; I think it would be fine but i'd double check.

they take blood at the 28 week appointment but I can't see it'd make much difference to be a little late. I'd go, and enjoy it!

i dont have one till 28+6 thats for my bloods etc so just ring and rearrange it shouldnt be a problem so long as you go when you get back xxxxxx

My next midwife appointment is at 28 1/2 weeks so I don't think they are exact about when they need to see you. Also, Airberlin (who I use regularly) take expecting mothers up to 4 weeks before EDC with a fit to fly certificate - maybe because its only just over an hour flight and other airlines will be the same? :plane:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->