Midwife at 5weeks??

sammynashley

Reaction score
So I just rung my doctors to say I found out I was pregnant at the weekend etc I asked do I need to see a doctor before the midwife or shall I book I. With the midwife expecting my appointment to be in the next 4 weeks but nope! She's booked me in for the 5th of November! Isn't that way early? I know I'm a high risk pregnancy but still that's early! So now I feel I'm gunna turn up next week and the midwives gonna wonder why I'm there so early :dohh:

Our doctors won't even let you see the gp until your 6 weeks and then the midwife is typically 2 weeks after that but as your high risk does that change things? Maybe they are happy to see you earlier to sort out a personalised care package? And if the midwife does say anything just point out it was the receptionist not you. Good luck

Well with my previous pregnancy i was 6-7 weeks but only 9 months before I'd had a section and before that it was 9 weeks, maybe they've changed things up there:shrug:

5 weeks is pretty early, although I had an appt with my last pregnancy at 5 weeks. It was just a scan to make sure baby was in uterus (had an ectopic before). Maybe they are wanting to do bloodwork and set up a prenatal plan? I agree with pp, if any questions blame the receptionist.:haha:

Possibly I had early scans last pregnancy, just feel a little silly going so early, maybe they'll Be sending me for and early scan fx'd! Feeling to scared with this pregnancy!

I wish I got to see someone that early! :haha: I'm nine weeks and just getting my first appointment today! :haha:

It might just be a "confirmation of pregnancy" appt. I had one of those at 5-6 weeks and then my first ob appt was at 10 weeks, after an us at 7 weeks. They told me, the confirmation was necessary prior to any appts.

I'm in Canada. My first Midwife appt. is Dec 19th! The earliest I've seen a dr is 8 weeks though with my last 2.

First midwife one is just booking you in so it probably doesn't matter. Mine is before 8 weeks.

Thanks ladies I'm excited to be going but just thought it was early, spose I'm really worrying this time around because it took so long to here and that last time I got pregnant was 2years ago and it was a chemical

High risk or not, I've always gone that early... Even earlier with two of mine.

As somebody else said this'll be your "booking in" appointment, it's more of a form-filling exercise than anything else. Mine will be at 7 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->