Milton Keynes Hospital in the news - great!

Orange lady

Reaction score
Has everyone seen this on the news? It seems that they simply can't cope with demand. There have been examples of babies dying because of lack of care and emergency c sections.
Of course this is my flipping local hospital! I have an appointment with a consultant on Thursday to discuss my delivery options as I suffer with lung problems. If there's any chance of having to have an emergency c section (because I can't breathe), surely I am best of having an elective booked before hand, given the hospitals record???
Argh!

So sorry you have this extra worry hun, m sure with it all being in the spotlight they will be being super careful at the moment so sure you be fine. Make sure you put your case across strongly and make em listen to you xxx!!!

id think, like priddy says, because they have been in the news they will be taking extra care to see nothing else like this happens. But make sure you voice your concerns when you see your consultant and get things to happen the way you want them to

number one - they're dragging up the fact that 2 years ago sadly a baby died there (not stating the reasons why may i add) and now this year another has sadly died due to (what i believe NOT..) neglegance of the hospital... the baby became distressed and after the emergency csection she came out not breathing.. there is NO way the hospital could have prevented the baby from having respiritory issues.

number two - the lady wasnt refused a csection when she requested one... but the hospital obviously refused because she hadn't been booked in for one as she wasnt high risk at the time. It was just unfortunate that the baby became distressed and had to be rushed for an emergency csec (as we all know, thats what happens sometimes)

number three - don't worry :) hospitals have a duty of care, you and your OH/Birthing partner will be there all the time and if anything seems a miss then obviously make a fuss!

number four - my thoughts go out to the lady and her family who sadly lost their daughter but i do think they may be finding someone to blame for the tragic loss.

x

Hun, I have had to deal with Milton Keynes Hospital. They were brilliant and as the ladies above have pointed out, they are in the lime light so they are going to be taking extra care.
Pregnancy can be a stressful time, try not to add this to your list. It's the hospital's job to make sure you get the best care there is available to you.
:)

What happened to that girl was tragic and the hospital did screw up on a couple of areas with her care BUT my sis in law has had her babies at MK hospital and her consultant and treatment were fantastic with the baby she has a few weeks ago. Her first was 7 weeks early and she tragically had a stillborn baby last year so was terrified this time round but they were so good with her.

I completely understand your fear and I am sure for all of us if we heard the bad stuff that goes on in our local hospital it would scare the b'jeesus out of us but I thought I would try to be reassuring that these cases are often isolated and there are millions of positive stories out there xx

A friend of mine and a member on here will probably agree with the news story, they treated her terribly and when in labour the girl next to her ended up giving birth on the floor because there was nobody there to help her :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->