Misdiagnosed miscarriage??

twinkle22

Reaction score
Please has anyone got and positive experiences or can someone make sense of this

Firstly I had no idea when I was due as never had a period in a year due to depo any way midwife done a guestamate and put me at 13 weeks !

Well I had tested negative on the 18th August
And tested positive on 24th August
I tested with a digi putting my at 3+ weeks meaning I was over 5 ? But couldn't be as tested neg on the 18th

Well I had my "12 week" scan today showing a baby measuring 7w 3d but no heart beat they really struggled to get any decent pics of baby so apparently I'm 13 weeks but showing 7+3 which is bang on with my tests so there saying I have lost baby 5 weeks ago which is rubbish as my tests prove this they wanted to give me the tablets today or book me in for d&c tomorrow but I said no

They are not taking notice of my actual dates matching to the scan dates at all is there a chance that baby could still get heart beat or they just couldn't pick it up ?

I have no real advice but didn't want to r&r. I'm so sorry you're going through such a confusing and stressful time. I haven't had a misdiagnosed miscarriage but I have had a misdiagnosed ectopic, I just knew in every cell in my body they were wrong. Was it an internal scan? Will they redo or check hcg levels? Anything? :hugs:

You could always ask for another scan in a week and then agree to something. That way you can see if its growing, but you need to remain strong and fight them. I have read of a story a lady being 7weeks and they saw no hb, went back a week later and she went on to have her 2nd daughter. However, cases like this are rare.

:hugs: Twinkle I would have them re-scan in a week and check HCG levels every 2-3 days.
See if the HCG levels make sense with the weeks that the scan is.

I say give it another week or two before making a decision.

When I was going through my miscarriage I went to this website for information and stories.

www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com

I had both scans but still couldn't see properly on either scan my uterus looked at a funny angle ? The image was terrible on both they never offered bloods but have said to go back on Friday for another scan and to book me in ! But I'm going to wait as I really feel they are wrong they are not listening to my test dates at all there only interested in a guess off my midwife

Hi twinkle, don't let anyone rush you!
I have had 2 miscarriages and had a DandC both times. Last time I was 10.5 weeks and had previously seen the heartbeat twice for it to disappear and the baby stop growing. I still had a repeat scan before agreeing to the Dand C (just for peace of mind)
However .....I sometimes think back to the first miscarriage. I was only 5 ish weeks and I have a Retroverted uterus and the OB said there had been no growth in one week! If I knew then what I knew now I would definitely have waited at least another week or two before having that DandC !

At the end of the day some women choose to let things pass naturally so even if you have had a miscarriage doesn't mean you have to rush into any procedure (unless for some reason there are other concerns!)

I wish all the best for you and hope it is a happy outcome! Keep us updated! Good luck xx

Hope things go well Friday..and they have to say sorry they got things so wrong..xx

Surely the baby would have come out by now if it passed 5 weeks ago.. I would get a second opinion!

Yep that's what I'm thinking plus I still have all the symptoms im waiting and not rushing into anything

Twinkle, I have fx for you! I'm so glad they're doing another scan, and I'm glad you're waiting for some more confirmation. I think the dates of the tests seem a little suspect putting you at 13 weeks (for example, I got a very early positive on Aug 25th, but I'm still only 7w2d right now).

Twinkle, I have fx for you! I'm so glad they're doing another scan, and I'm glad you're waiting for some more confirmation. I think the dates of the tests seem a little suspect putting you at 13 weeks (for example, I got a very early positive on Aug 25th, but I'm still only 7w2d right now).

Yes I got my positive on the 24th August and baby measured 7w 3d so same as you ! It's my midwife guessing my dates for 13 weeks that's caused all this confusion I'm convinced there wrong thanks all xx

What is her guesstamation based on??! Oh my days my heart goes to u twinkle!!

Fingers an toes crossed for u xxxxx

Oh my! It's crazy' (whatever the outcome. I really think that mw is a bit nuts).

Go with you gut instincts and wait at least 1-2 weeks before taking any decision. That website that a pp posted is so full positive stories and advice.

Just for info, I had a bfp on the 19th august (the day af was due), and I'm 9 weeks and 3 days. So even if you tested positive on the 18th, you could only have been a bit more than 9 weeks by now. Still far from 13 weeks.
I believe you scan was actually bang on time. Hopefully you 'll see a nice strong heartbeat next time.

Also, on that website, i also read that if you have a tilted uterus (not saying you have, but you said it was in a weird angle) then it makes it harder for the technicien to see properly and get an accurate pic.

Don't let them bully you hun into something you may regret. Even if (and I really hope it's not) if it is a miscarriage, then it is better to be sure it is.

Keep us posted. xx

I agree with the others. Wait it out, at least another couple of weeks. I had a mmc in jan, and while the outcome was not a good one, I think if I hadn't asked for another scan, I would still have wondered "if". I also let things take their natural course. For me it helped in the grieving process, but that is a completely personal choice. Really hoping things go well, and everything is good!

Thank you all have slept on it and I still feel that I'm right im ringing epu in a bit I want my bloods tested to see if there in that 7 week range this worry is not doing me any good and if I get good blood numbers I think I will be a lot more assured in my self :) x

I would have thought if you were as far as long as they say then the first test you did last month would have been positive,surely? How horribly confusing all this is for you. You are right to decline d&c etc for now. Good luck for Friday. I have my fingers crossed for a happy outcome for you x

Apparently there's no point in bloods as no heartbeat so no bloods soooooo cold ! If I am right they can expect a huge complaint going in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->