Missing: One Christmas Spirit

Kate&Lucas

& OH & Mush
Reaction score
I've lost it!
Usually this time of year I am itching to get the house Christmassy and reading all the Christmas mags, doing Christmas crafts etc. This year I'm just not feeling it at all.
I've bought most of Lucas' presents and planned crafts but I just cba, my heart isn't in it :shrug:

Anyone else? How do I get it back!? I don't like it :cry:

im waiting for this to happen to me always happens some point before christmas then the week before i rush around like a mad woman trying to make up for what i lost out on when i had no spirit hehe xx

Iv bee like this now far ages. I'm so busy this year doing the hair stuff, I don't seem to have 5minutes to think about it. But iv been buying bits half heartledly knowing I have to (kids birthdays are either side of Christmas) and I got them out the cupboard yesterday and now I seem to have found my Christmas spirit. Iv just ordered some gorgeous wooden decs for the house, need a trip to Ikea though that will defo sort me out.

I think that's my problem Karli, I'm just so busy at the moment with work, starting uni, Lucas starting nursery and changing schools in a few weeks, and my headache of a personal life I just don't seem to have the time to focus on Christmas! The past couple of years I've not been working etc in the run up so I guess it was easier. Plus I'll be losing a big chunk of income in a few weeks time so I can't go quite as mad :(

I might do a bit of wrapping or something to give my Christmas spirit a kick up the bum :haha:

I've been feeling a bit like this lately. I get little bursts of excitement, then it goes. xxx

I know how you feel. I've been absent from the grotto since mid August because I've been so busy and exhausted that the Christmas spirit just hasn't been there. Hopefully yours comes back

I'm looking forward to it - but not actually 'excited' yet if that makes sense? The weather cooling down is helping me feel festive but I can't say my stomach has done flips yet. I still feel it's too early. Plus I go back to work in early November and that is playing on my mind...

Yeah i'm finding it hard getting into the xmas spirit. Doesnt help that anyone i talk to irl tells me to shut up as its too early! :(

Been like this a bit too, especially this week as I am worried about getting a job and my father had a bit of a scare the other day so was worried about him. Hope it gets back soon. This is our Thanksgiving this weekend and usually that helps.

I've been trying to get in the spirit but it's just been so stressful lately! I have so much to pay for before I can even think of shopping :( and all the lights I wanted to buy for an amazing price won't happen.... it sucks! Big hugs!

Also struggling to get into the Christmas spirit too. I normally have loads done by now but have only managed a couple of small presents and a couple of stocking fillers. I really need to get it together though. I've been so busy and now im struggling with some bad pelvic pain I need to finish the shopping as soon as possible in case it gets worse

I'm the same. We have recently moved so been really busy too, and needing to buy some new bits for here so don't have spare money to get my Christmas shopping underway :(
I've only bought one thing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->