mmc vs mc

BBaby23

Reaction score
Hi, I'm writing this on my blackberry so forgive mr if it looks crazy! I had a mc back in Oct. And I am so confused as to how u don't know your baby has past away? My water broke at 16wks and it was the most horrifying thing I have ever experienced. I don't have any appts set up anytime soon so I wanted to ask here. What's the difference? What makes the water break? Baby dust to us all!
I I
I

hi honey first of all sorry for your loss. as to your question not really sure what you want to know but i lost my little one 7 weeks ago and had no idea anything was wrong until i had scan and it showed that baby was not growing. i still had all my symptoms and was getting bigger by the day. baby was 9 weeks old. not sure if that has helped in some way if not then sorry for rambling x sylvia x

hey sweety sorry for your loss! :hugs:
im not sure what causes your water to brake!
when i lost my first bub i didnt find out until weeks after, when i had an ultrasound and they found out that bub stopped growing at 10 weeks, but with my second one i started bleeding at 7 weeks and lost it then!
hope you get a very nice BFP and a healthy baby soon xxx

With my miscarriage I just started bleeding and everything passed naturally.

With Isabella everything was fine on scans, heard the heartbeat two days before she died. At the next scan they told me she had died the day before. I am not sure what your question is really but I didn't know. There was no indication she had died and I don;t know why she did.

Usually mmc (missed miscarriage) are early on in the pregnancy
Like where you know you are pregnant, then you get a scan for example at 10 weeks and it shows the gestational sac is only 6 weeks.

So you had a miscarriage but didn't know it at the time.

as for what makes a water break early I have no idea how it happens
I am sorry for your loss

Like where you know you are pregnant, then you get a scan for example at 10 weeks and it shows the gestational sac is only 6 weeks.

I am sorry for your loss

This is what happened to me wed just gone :( i was nearly 11weeks but according to scan my baby had died at approx 6-7 weeks (which is when i found i was pregnant which makes it harder) Its so hard my thoughts are with you right now im a mess n just hope i can deal with this in time

I am sorry for your loss

My loss was classed as a missed miscarriage but it wasn't like this. I went for my 13 week scan and she had only died the day before. I am told it's quite unusual to happen like that

hi, i had a MMC in 2007. i found out i was pregnant at 5weeks, i went to my 12wk sacn and the baby has stopped growing at 7wks, i had had no bleeding, no disharge, i even had a lil bump, i was still feeling really really sick etc
i couldnt get my head round how my body didnt know either HTH
Lianne x

Hi

My baby died at 9 weeks (or at least stopped growing then) but due to NHS incompetency my supposedly 12/13 week scan had been delayed to 16 weeks; I think they thought since I have kids already then I am not really a priority, I started bleeding a week before and they scanned me. Even the medical powers that be thought things would be ok; hence then sending me for the initial scan in the normal maternity unit; though they couldn't feel my uterus I have a tilted uterus anyway so they thought that was why; and I still had all my pregnancy symptoms and a small bump. With a missed miscarriage the pregnancy itself can continue as completely 'normal' even if the foetus has died.

Sophie

it was 4 years ago, but will never forget bubs mine was at 7.5 weeks and passed naturally and isn't it weird, i somehow 'knew' it was a boy. i dont know how i know this. anyone else feel the same as me?

wntanthrbbad i feel the same, my baby died but i didnt find out tl i was 13 weeks and sumhow i knew my baby was a girl, we chose the name Charley bcuz its a unisex name but spelt it a girly way...
i will actually neva know if she was a girl, but i shall always say she
Lianne x

I’m not sure what causes waters to break as I think that happens a little further on than most missed miscarriages which usually tend to happen relatively early on and are picked up at the first scan which is what happened to us.

Unfortunately sometimes our bodies just don’t seem to register that there is a problem with our little ones. I was told that as the sac and all the surrounding fluid produces hcg as well this is why you can carry on and still get all the symptoms you would get if your pregnancy was progressing. It is so cruel and until we suffered an mmc I had no real experience or knowledge of it – I was also confused as to why my body was still giving me morning sickness but now I understand that it is just one of those things that happens but we will probably never quite understand.

I had a natural mc at 6 weeks in feb 09 and a mmc in august 09. With the mmc I went for my scheduled scan at 10+4 weeks and there was no baby there. My sac and placenta grew to nearly 11 weeks, but baby had died and reabsorbed somewhere between 6-8 weeks. Hence I still had all the symptoms and a little bump because my pregnancy was progressing and my baby was gone.
What I wonder is how long would my body have trapped that failed pg for? What did women who suffered mmc do many moons ago before the pills and operations? Scary stuff. Screwed with my head more than my natural mc.
Worst thing was walking out into the waiting room and seeing the pitiful looks on all those faces. They must have heard me wailing from the sonographers room.
Jesus ladies, how do we ever get over this? Just writing this I feel like I'm back in that room again, saying sorry to my wonderful oh for killing another one of his babies. I know I didn't "kill" our little one, and I know it was never really more than a group of cells, but that hurts even more because to me it was my little babba.
Sorry, completely thread butted there. I should get my own air space!!
Hugs ladies. X

missingbubs..ur post brought tears to my eyes hun...i really feel 4 u an understand wat ur sayin, i went through almost the same thing apart from my baby was still in the sac just lying there dead, i didnt want to look at the screen, altho we got a scan picture i still havent looked at it, (almost 3 yrs ago now) my DH has looked at it, but i doubt i eva will, it will remind me of what im missing...i still cant get my head around how i neva even knew my baby had died inside me, the hardest thing for me was havin to go home overnight knowing my dead baby was inside me...so so cruel....big hugs to all u ladies xxx

:hugs:

I'm not sue if I had an mmc or just an mc. I started feeling extremely tired and sick about a week before I bled the first time, but by morning the bleeding was gone, and there was no pain what so ever. We had a normal scheduled appt the next morning where it was confirmed I'd lost the baby. I had no more bleeding at all until after the D&C, but even then it was really light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->