• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMR

Annawrigley..going from singing happy birthday and seemingly normal to no speech,no reasoning rocking and screaming as only communication..with no trigger?do you honestly think a child can just snap like that and become so severe with no trigger??I am a reasonable person and can see this from all angles..did it GIVE her autism?maybe..maybe not..did it trigger what was already underlying but relatively dormant?maybe..or maybe even a bad reaction causing her body trauma then allowed the autism to become severe because it was weakened?maybe!all I was saying was after the vaccine she became severe.directly or indirectly due to the mmr jab..that's why my personal opinion is if reactions are bad or worsening with each jab previously maybe think about delaying or skipping mmr..the one that seems to debatably cause severe problems!

I guess until the research is complete and conclusive we'll never know :shrug: It does sound like a huge coincidence it happened right after her MMR you are right, but idk

Yeh and it's definatley not the only one iv heard of either.more research would be ideal.like research into how all these kids(and there must be a few out there if I know of three personally)seem to become so affected right after the mmr jab.but in the cases iv heard of they also had bad reactions to their earlier jabs,and mmr was the worst.anyway,everyone should make their own decisions based on what you believe in the research and how much you trust medical professionals.as I said,I made the decision to go ahead with it even though I believe it could trigger autism cos I also know my kids and how they react to things and so far so good

I'm not going to give my full opinion on this, just do your research. Realize that if you don't vaccinate your children, you are not just choosing that option for them, but may be affecting other people's children as well.

My son was vaccinated on schedule and he does has certain disabilities but they aren't linked to MMR or anything :) My daughter was delayed she just had her first dose of it at 20 months, and won't get another until around 3.

Both my sons are fully vaccinated and will continue to be.
My background is mostly science-based and I have to say that most of the anti-vax material I have read (including stuff posted here) is pretty dubious. It's very anecdotal and emotional, and frequently misinterprets existing studies and information.
Yes, adverse reactions do happen, but they are statistically quite rare. For me, the statistics show that the risk of disease and complications far outweighs the possible adverse reaction. It's just math.
And that quote posted about adverse reactions to vaccines compared to actual cases of the disease proves this. The fact that it was posted by an anti-vax site to suggest the opposite shows you how unreliable those sites are for "information".

Do what you feel is best by your child, but please get some proper science and critical faculty to apply to your info sources. "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing"?

Maria will get her MMR, she'll get all the usual vaccinations (they don't do all that many here, just the dtap ones and the mmr, others are just for higher risk groups) and maybe TB as well.
I choose to vaccinate her not just for her sake but for the sake of people who can't be vaccinated or for babies too young for vaccines.

I was very torn on if I shouldn't get K's vaccines.. even posted a thread on here about it hoping someone would give me solid proof without a doubt against or for the vaccines as there is so much going on out there it's hard to get confused and misread things. In the end all I thought is I couldn't live with myself if I lost another child, and over something preventable. Of course I felt torn as I kept thinking about reactions, but I decided to go with the lesser of two evils in my mind, the lesser of two evils to someone else could be non-vaxing and that's okay too. I think it's good to share information on both sides, but to hold back judgement and criticism as it doesn't help matters much.

I choose to vaccinate her not just for her sake but for the sake of people who can't be vaccinated or for babies too young for vaccines.

Thank you so much for bringing this up also - it really upsets me when people don't think of the effect it has on other children as well. A child could potentially die because of a parent who didn't vaccinate their child, and another child being too young still for the vaccination. It's just sad :nope:

Thank you so much for bringing this up also - it really upsets me when people don't think of the effect it has on other children as well. A child could potentially die because of a parent who didn't vaccinate their child, and another child being too young still for the vaccination. It's just sad :nope:
Again, this is only if you believe in the herd immunity theory. Those who choose not to vaccinate generally don't.
:winkwink:

Again, this is only if you believe in the herd immunity theory. Those who choose not to vaccinate generally don't.
:winkwink:

It's not about beliefs. It's a fact, and it has happened. A child with Measles can be contagious before they know they have it - if they were to go to the park, or go to the store in the shopping cart, and an infant that is not old enough to have the vaccine sits in the same swing, shopping cart etc, they can die from it. Simple.

Hot Tea, the fact that you are questioning the existence of herd immunity at all is very telling about your scientific literacy.

I don't believe vaccinated children protect unvaccinated children. I do not believe that if everyone stopped vaccinating all these old diseases would come back. I have plenty of reasons to think as I do.

I am so done with this thread, it is like hitting your head against a wall.

I don't believe vaccinated children protect unvaccinated children. I do not believe that if everyone stopped vaccinating all these old diseases would come back. I have plenty of reasons to think as I do.

I am so done with this thread, it is like hitting your head against a wall.

Believe what you like, but don't try to present unscientific, fearmongering anti-vax "info" as fact and run down others who challenge you as not having done enough research.
You haven't demonstrated anything but a lack of scientific understanding. :shrug:

I understand, respect and sympathize with those who have had bad experiences with vaccinations and choose to delay or avoid them because they can assess that the vaccine DOES pose a greater risk to their child than the chance of getting the disease does.
But please remember that the reason the disease is not as threatening anymore is that most of us vaccinated and helped provide that safer environment. This effect can and will disappear should people start to regard vaccination as some sort of conspiracy by big pharma to poison our children, or other such nonsense.

Less and less people are vaccinating their children. I suppose we will see. :)

Here your children HAVE to be vaccinated to enter school. I think that shows a little something to the importance. I did my research long and hard when pregnant with DD1, as well as did a research paper on this subject while in college a couple years ago. Don't act like I haven't done my research or don't know what I am talking about, that is all. I respect other peoples opinions, I just don't respect when someone assumes they are 100% right because they have done soooooo much research, when other educated people on the matter have done the same and choose a different path. I was just stating a fact.

It is illegal to force a child to be vaccinated. It is illegal not to allow a child to go to school. Legally children MUST attend school... So unless you are forced to be vaccinated and your basic human rights are taken away, you have a choice. You are misinformed.

Unless you are talking about private schools, those are a different ballgame entirely.

This is why I am having a difficult time with you. I am not misinformed. This is for public schools. Read for yourself. From the CDC themselves: School immunization laws

Each state has immunization requirements, sometimes called "school laws," that must be met before a child may enter school. These may include vaccination against diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (lockjaw), Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, and hepatitis B. Some states have added varicella (chicken pox) vaccination to the list of required vaccines. Smallpox vaccination was once required, but the disease has been so successfully eradicated that this vaccination is no longer needed.

In most states, a parent must bring written proof of a child's immunizations from the health provider or clinic at the time of school registration. If a required vaccination has not been obtained, and there is no health condition or religious objection preventing immunization, the child must receive the vaccinations before school entry. You can find out what the requirements are in your state through a link provided at the end of this section.

These required vaccinations don't just protect the children in a classroom. They protect the teachers, parent volunteers, visiting grandparents, and everyone else who enters the classroom or provides services to the school. The blanket of protection provided by rubella ("German measles") vaccination is especially important for women who are pregnant. Rubella can cause serious effects on the developing fetus, including deafness, blindness, heart disease, brain damage, or other serious problems, including miscarriage.(9) Today's middle-aged adults may remember how common this disease was before the rubella vaccine became available. Rubella was feared for its effects, including ear infection, pneumonia, diarrhea, seizures, brain damage, and death.(10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->