mommys of 2?!!?

BrEeZeY

stay at home wifey&&momma
Reaction score
o goodness i jst realized i have to get double of everything, it feels like....

what all did u get double of?!

Umm I'm kind of a mommy of two ,
But I havent doubled anything , Jaymee wont go in a stroller so I didnt even bother getting a new stroller, Her baby carseat is still good so we are using it for this baby and she already has a Big girl carseat, She sleeps in a toddler bed so we just need to buy a crib mattress, She is off the bottle and uses sippy cups, So really Nothing How old will LO be when Bubs is born

he will be two, i am debating if i should get an extra pack n play, cause when we go places we will have a place for both to sleep...

Could be useful , Jaymee Never used hers once so we are just going to use it for this baby. But I can see where it would be useful to have to. If Aiden is going to be 2 I wouldnt double up on too much

At 2 he'd be far too big for a pack'n play I think! They have a weight limit.

thats what we are afraid of but i do know that he is having another little sibling 2 months before ours (his bio-dad is having another) and im afraid he will "regress" and not being prepared if we turn around and have him act as if he is 1 again... if that makes sense haha

( and i dnt want to wait till last min to buy stuff so we are buying little by little as we go)

my boys are 17months and one day apart.lol. I bought a double stroller and that is it. Valentin is using Jovanni's stuff. I didnt buy double of anything to be honest. :)

thats what we are afraid of but i do know that he is having another little sibling 2 months before ours (his bio-dad is having another) and im afraid he will "regress" and not being prepared if we turn around and have him act as if he is 1 again... if that makes sense haha

( and i dnt want to wait till last min to buy stuff so we are buying little by little as we go)

jovanni has his moments where he wants to be carried all day or wants you to hold his sippy cup for him. Though ever since valentin was born he gets less sick and throws away the dirty diapers for me. He sometimes even turns the swing on when valentin(when valentin wakes from his nap in his swing) is sleepy and crying and valentin falls back to sleep.lol.

throws away the dirty diapers for me
Jaymee does this for her own diapers lol she has OCD when it comes to dirty diapers

Your son will be a big boy by then and be beyond most baby stuff. So you can re-use stuff more so if you have another boy.

I moved my son at 14 months to his toddler bed. Once he got his own room - I gated the door.

I also think with the second you use less stuff you are more comfortable as a mother with the second baby.

Like evrone said, i would go with a double stroller but use al of you your little mans stuff( unless you have a girl lol)

AND OMG CONGRATS BY THE WAY!

I also think that by requiring your son to "give up" some of his stuff to the new baby it gives you a way to help him wean off certain things (like a pacifier if he uses one, "Oh no honey, we're going to give that to your siblings! Big brother's don't use pacifiers!", same for whatever else he may have an attachment to).

I'm assuming your son isn't potty trained, All i have to say is personally I am so happy we had Taye potty trained before Fayth was here. I know that has nothing to do with what your asking but in my experience its really a good idea if you can. OH's cousin had her boys exactly 2 years apart (to the day) and she regrets not potty training before hand because her eldest son wont use the pot, because his little brother doesn't have to.

Because of the situation I was in with my sons FOB I didn't end up having any of the baby stuff from him, so we did get everything new. But we plan on TTC in October of 2013 and we wont be replacing anything, or buying extras of anything.

Personally I wouldn't buy a pack and play for my 2 year old, but then again taye never even used a play pen..

I don't really have any helpful advice but wanted to say congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->