Money worries

toffee87

Reaction score
Like most people wanting to TTC/or actively TTC I worry about money. Basically we have £4,000 on a credit card, which we can easily pay the minimum payments of £90 a month. We are in our overdraft too, but that will be paid off very soon.

The credit card is on a 0% balance transfer card for 22 months (21 from now). We are aiming to pay about £1500-2000 of it over the next year before TTC. It will be likely that we'll have to transfer it again to another 0% card.

Our joint income pre-tax is £38,700 a year the moment we have approx £200 spare to spend on whatever (after all food, bills, morgtage putting £160 on CC, paying off overdraft etc). Currently our disposable income goes on meals, take aways, books etc-all of which we can live without.

Part of me thinks we should aim to completely clear it (around 2 years) before TTC. Another part of me says to go for it in a year(ish) time as long as we know we can pay the min payments. The other part says, like a lot say, if we wait for money, we'll never had kids.

I'd love to hear from people in a similar situation-people that have credit cards which will go on for a good while, but aren't out of their depth.

Thanks,

Broody

Not sure if I've put this in the wrong section? Mods feel free to transfer it :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->