moses basket bedding?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Twinklytoes, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Twinklytoes

Twinklytoes Active Member

Just bought a moses basket and surprised that the mattress is covered in a plasticy waterproof material. Is this standard? Does this not increase risk of suffocation?

Also is is best to use terry towling or jersey fitted sheets?

And as for cellular blankets - I'm guessing cotton is much better than any kind of acrylic ones?

Any advice welcomed as only just starting to look into bedding! Thank you!

2. crt23

crt23 Active Member

I am going to put a pillow case round my moses basket mattress fits perfect sounds cheap but does the job!!

3. holly2234

holly2234 Well-Known Member

Ive folded a flat cot sheet in half and used that for my moses basket! Couldnt really justify buying the small sheets as they wouldnt be used for long.

4. xxxKatiexxx

xxxKatiexxx Well-Known Member

Yeah I was quite surprised to find that its plasticy! Ooh I like the sound of using a pillow case, I've been wondering what bedding to use- I'm assuing just light blankets?

5. crt23

crt23 Active Member

for blankets probably going to use the cellular ones! I think the pillowcase is a fab idea my sister did it so much easier and dirt cheap!!

6. shell87

shell87 Well-Known Member

pillowcase...... BRILLIANT!! thanks ladies.... x

7. spring_baby

spring_baby <a href="http://pregnancy

I used the terry fitted sheets for my children previously and also used the same for my pram, but the pillowcase idea is fab will def be giving that a try:)

8. tootles123

tootles123 adores her little Miss

brilliant idea! thank you :) We've got a set of fitted sheets for the plastic 'mattress' and will be using a 2.5 tog Gro bag for our LO

Now the pillowcases have been mentioned we'll use those as spares whilst others are being washed.

9. Thumper

Thumper Well-Known Member

Pillowcase is a brilliant idea! Thanks. I have been wondering what to use and was a little stumped. I've been given blankets and sleeping bags so will just see what works when LO appears.