moses basket bedding?

Twinklytoes

Reaction score
Just bought a moses basket and surprised that the mattress is covered in a plasticy waterproof material. Is this standard? Does this not increase risk of suffocation?

Also is is best to use terry towling or jersey fitted sheets?

And as for cellular blankets - I'm guessing cotton is much better than any kind of acrylic ones?

Any advice welcomed as only just starting to look into bedding! Thank you!

I am going to put a pillow case round my moses basket mattress fits perfect sounds cheap but does the job!!

Ive folded a flat cot sheet in half and used that for my moses basket! Couldnt really justify buying the small sheets as they wouldnt be used for long.

Yeah I was quite surprised to find that its plasticy! Ooh I like the sound of using a pillow case, I've been wondering what bedding to use- I'm assuing just light blankets?

for blankets probably going to use the cellular ones! I think the pillowcase is a fab idea my sister did it so much easier and dirt cheap!!

pillowcase...... BRILLIANT!! thanks ladies.... x

I used the terry fitted sheets for my children previously and also used the same for my pram, but the pillowcase idea is fab will def be giving that a try:)

brilliant idea! thank you :) We've got a set of fitted sheets for the plastic 'mattress' and will be using a 2.5 tog Gro bag for our LO

Now the pillowcases have been mentioned we'll use those as spares whilst others are being washed.

Pillowcase is a brilliant idea! Thanks. I have been wondering what to use and was a little stumped. I've been given blankets and sleeping bags so will just see what works when LO appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->