Most irrational pregnancy fear?!!!

babyblog

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any ridiculous fears like me-i worry that when i go to the loo (sorry if TMI) i might accidently push the baby out!!!!!

Hopefully i'll get over it soon!:rofl:

Yeah I get that! I had a really ridiculous one recently, I was reading a book about the "unexplained" and there was a chapter on spontaneous combustion, which said something about a girl- all she did was mention it and then all of a sudden it happened to her! And for a whole week I was so scared :( I couldn't even tell anyone what I was upset about in case it happened to me! Then one day I just lost it and cried and cried, and told my friend what was wrong and after that I was fine. Sorry if that alarms anyone else!

lol, oh dear! hehe, i worry that when the cramping stops for a few hours that im not pregnant anymore... silly really because i know id be in a lot more pain if something was happening that shouldnt! i think :S, i also worry that i have all the conditions that go with some pregnanceis.. like pre-eclampsia etc.. i think if i have one symptom then i have it! aaahh

Hahaha me too! I'm convinced EVERYTHING is gonna go wrong!

But I was the opposite of you Purpledahlia, I'm so surprised! If I ever got the slightest cramp I'd worry something was wrong! But you worry if you don't get them?? Wow!

Not in here but had to tell you mine from my first pregnancy, it was that my partner was going to be in some sort of accident and all his limbs were removed so he couldnt provide for us, I would think about it during the day and dream about it at night, the dreams were him still working with no limb as a joiner/carpenter. I know odd lol

Oh my god, I'm sorry Tasha but that made me giggle! It's not funny when you're going through these fears though, they're really frightening! :(

Does anyone else find they're a hell of a lot more jumpy since they've become pregnant? If someone or somethign makes me jump I get REALLY angry and have a go at them! And I worry that my poor baby jumped out of his skin as well! :(

:rofl::rofl:Katie I know, I can laugh now but at the time it drove me mad, and when I use to tell people they would laugh :cry:

And yes I had that problem too in all my pregnancies, much more jumpy:blush:

I worry about EVERYTHING, especially falling and miscarriage. Yesterday I was on the bus and we stopped suddenly and all I could think was "Omygod I'm sitting at a window seat what if I go through the window? What if a car hits us?!" I made my boyfriend switch me seats, lmfao.

i worry i bought a load of faulty pregnancy tests that somehow said i was pregnant when i was not, my period is late for another reason and im not actually pregnant - hmm seeing that in writing makes me realise how crazy i am!!!! XX

No no caz you're not crazy, I had that as well! And I bought Tesco's own brand pregnancy tests which convinced me even more that they were wrong!

when I was pregnant with my son I never worried about myself I was always worried about him, kept thinking he had some kind of condition and this time I am the same. Everywhere I look there seems to be people with downs for example, I think the hang up comes from all the hype they make about it 'get this test done get that test done' blah blah if they didnt keep on about it I prob wouldnt have even thought of it!!!

i worry i bought a load of faulty pregnancy tests that somehow said i was pregnant when i was not, my period is late for another reason and im not actually pregnant - hmm seeing that in writing makes me realise how crazy i am!!!! XX

I'm exactly the same. Even though my GP confirmed it. Don't think I'll properly believe it till I see the scan.

I have a teeny weeny fleeting panic every time I sneeze, that I've dislodged the bean. I can't believe I'm actually announcing that in public, it's SO RIDICULOUS! :)

ELSKI- OMG, that is the exact same fear I have. Everytime I sneeze I grab my stomach thinking "oh no, it will fall out"

My other fear is to do with birth- as I will give birth in a country with no pain relief options (certainly not in my area), that they will cut me and go too far and not be able to stitch me up again.

Where are you from Sakura-Chan?

I don't think any of these fears are ridiculous at all, I can say I've definately experienced every single one of them so know where you're all coming from! In the first few weeks of being pregnant I had a really terrible cough and cold and couldn't stop coughing all through the day and the night, I was convinced it couldn't be alive in there! I also had a really nasty stomach bug and didn't eat for a week, I was sure that finished the poor thing off!

Where are you from Sakura-Chan?

I am from Australia but OH is Japanese and we are heading back to live in Japan again in 5 weeks- that is where we met originally 4.5 years ago!!! We have just been back in Australia for this year so I could help take care of my dad.

Our baby will be made in Australia esembled in japan!

im soo worried about misscarraige .. as i had a missed M/C in november im now 11 weeks nad got my scan tomorrow and i just hope everything is ok x

I've worried about really random crazy things... (these have all since passed, so please don't think I'm crazy... I look back and laugh at how protective and overthoughtful I was :rofl:) There is one acception***

We went to a party and people were smoking and I was out on the deck, so it wasn't in my face, but I worried it would really harm the baby just being around it and almost worked myself up... so I went inside, still worrying.

I worried after eating 1/2 a turkey sandwich about listeria and the possibility of harming the baby... so as I'm trying to eat the sandwich and relax, my stomach decided I'm full and I through it out. (my mind took over that one).

I was CRAVING Coca-Cola one day and I took a nice big gulp with satisfaction, then after staring at the can and thinking of how good I had been NOT having a single drop of caffeine, that I felt guilty and worried I could overstimulate the baby since we weren't at the 2nd trimester yet.

I worried about having sex, that the roughness would cause a miscarriage. I was so scared of any force to my tummy (including pushing too hard when constipated HAHAHA SORRY for too much information!!):dohh:

***I read somewhere and it was confirmed by my doctor that the baby pretty much breathes off of clothing, so if someone smoked a cigarette outside then came in and held the baby the tar on the clothes would go into the lungs. Sadly it's true, so this is STILL a worry of mine... on Easter I told my MIL who smokes like a chimney that if she smokes, she needs to bring a tshirt to change into and wash up to the sleeve before coming near the baby... I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't smoke... and I see no reason to chance harm to my baby.

Mine was/is traffic related. What if someone hits my car or I get hit while out walking. It's so strange but I'm quite happy to have a few things to eat I shouldn't have like a runny egg the other day!!!

Mine was/is traffic related. What if someone hits my car or I get hit while out walking. It's so strange but I'm quite happy to have a few things to eat I shouldn't have like a runny egg the other day!!!

I eat "eggs over easy" which is considered a runny egg... as long as it's pasteurized, cook it any way you like :) My Dr told me that... not sure if you have different "rules"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->