Most unusual name you have ever heard?

Blade

Don't mind it to be honest. Went to school with a Blade and cousin is Blaide. I have another cousin called Dyson. Not too sure about the exact origins of that but it automatically makes me think of hoovers. :/

Strangest name I have heard of is Kustom. Yup. And spelt with a 'K' so that it's 'unique'. Couldn't even tell you if it was a little boy or a little girl. Parents must have been stoned when the poor kid was born. Parents aren't very bright so no hope for the younger generation either. :/

DS2 is Brayden-Lee. The Lee was set in stone. He wasn't allowed to change it. He wanted Luke and I told him like Hell (Star Wars reference). Then wanted Brandon-Lee when I wouldn't budge on Luke. As it turns out I should have agreed to Brandon-Lee. My father never gets him name right and calls him that anyway. :/

When I was a kid I was friends with 2 brothers named Neil and Sneil (I actually don't know how to spell it but Sneil rhymes with Neil...).

I didn't think anything of it as a kid but my mom would fall off her chair laughing whenever I said their names.

When I was a kid I was friends with 2 brothers named Neil and Sneil (I actually don't know how to spell it but Sneil rhymes with Neil...).

I didn't think anything of it as a kid but my mom would fall off her chair laughing whenever I said their names.

Omg this is hilarious :rofl: sneil!!!! Ahahahahahaha

We met a girl named Calliope (pronounced callie-opie) at the park the other day. I saw it on a baby name list so I guess its a name other people have used but I just can't.

My daughter's name is Caliope :blush: but it is pronounced Cuh-lye-uh-pee

Some of these names make me feel better about the possible name for baby number two lol

My dd's friend is Nirvana like the band. At first I thought DD was pronouncing Niamh wrong but it's definitely Nirvana. I didn't like it at first but it's definitely grown on me.

There also used to be an Everdeen (girl) at YDD's daycare.

This thread is hilarious!

While I would never judge a baby's name out loud in person, there are some that really bother me!

Nevaeh- so white trash
Wren- all I can think of is Ren and Stimpy
Briony- sounds a cross between bro and pony

The weirdest one I've seen, though, is McKayleigh. Cute on a 2 year old, not on a grown adult. I also had a friend name her baby girl Parker. Ick!

I don't like to judge other mothers' choices of names because, after all, it is THEIR child but you really can't help except to ask sometimes why in the world they'd name them that?!

An example I have is a friend of mine chose to name her daughter Bunny. I hate when people use animals for people names, or even animal names for people names, like Rover and Mickey.

Am I the only one who comes here looking for inspiration? :rofl:

Unusual names from growing up: Caine, Warren, Cavan, Zarina

I know a mum named her daughter Lyric... 🙄

An unusual name I like for a girl is Lunafreya

I actually like this, it's a character from Final Fantasy if your a gamer at all!

I've just gone through this entire thread and theirs some real comic gold here.

My experiences are,

Hunny-B - awful.
Candida - nothing is as beautiful for a girl as thrush.
Jai - was thinking it was a nickname, nope.
Zebadee - awful.

My foster mums first name is Brenda-Marie-Julia-Anne-Suzanne. I thought that was pretty long.

In my province last year there were like 20 variations of "Abigail", some of my favourites were: Abbygayle, Abegaile, Ebbigael, Abaigaile... like WHY. Just why.

Other gems for girls: Adecyn, Ameleigha, Andrameda, Dancing, Dawt, Ellyett (I think Elliott(e) is cute for a girl but dear god not like this), Female (and there was not one child with this name but TWO), Heavenly, Kloud, Royalty

For boys: Allyzter, Alyver, Corny, Cougar, Fritz, Jaxzyn, Kanada, Knowledge, Lightning, Righteousness, Scotlynd, Vegas, Xzayvier

Blimy.

I get why people want more unique names so that their child isn't one of many in a class ect but all your doing by spelling things ridiculously is giving your child a headache for the rest of their lives. Utter insanity some of them

Yep. I have a common name spelled differently and I've always really disliked having to spell it out, receiving documents with my name spelled incorrectly and having to get them corrected, etc. And mine isn't that complicated compared to most of those ones.

I also feel like it reflects really poorly on resumes/in professional circumstances later in life.

It shouldn't reflect badly but sadly it can do. Which is a real shame as a person is more than their name but people get offput by really 'out there' names and spellings.

But to know that we live in that kind of world where people do judge others by things such as their name and still choosing to give their child a ridiculous name is just so mean and short sighted :(

One of my biggest pet peeves is normal names that are spelled bizarrely. I work with a guy named Michael, but it's spelled Mykyl.

One of my biggest pet peeves is normal names that are spelled bizarrely. I work with a guy named Michael, but it's spelled Mykyl.

Yes. This. I worked with a Jordan, spelled Jyorden.

There was also a Rythm on the list I was looking at. I don't know if they misspelled it purposely or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->