Mother of all conception months Graduates

Hahah I see the tone of this thread has regressed again!..only joking x

Must say I find the 4d scans super creepy...

congrats Molly on doing well xx

and the baby smell ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh makes me dribble:D

not regressed for long!!

Funny we all find the 4D scans a bit creepy!!. I hope DH changes his mind about it!, he thinks its a good keepsake and something to show his/her on a 30 birthday or wedding day lol!

BTW, my pill cutter works a treat, im now back on my multi vits again!

Pill cutters are great aren't they.

Yay Loopy :happydance: you've got an olive now!!

fab mad cat you got one. l;ittle life savers at work when pharmacy deliver the wrong dose.
My poor whooha can't stand the thought of :sex: OH managed to beat the living hell out of my cervix on the 1 and only post :bfp: attempt. lol

what do babies smell of?

fab mad cat you got one. l;ittle life savers at work when pharmacy deliver the wrong dose.
My poor whooha can't stand the thought of :sex: OH managed to beat the living hell out of my cervix on the 1 and only post :bfp: attempt. lol

what do babies smell of?

good question!, i thought they would smell of blood and all things sticky white and goey, but obviously not, i only thought they smelled nice after a dose of Johnsons baby bath!!

Evening Ladies :hugs:

Just catching up.........I agree babies are really ugly when born :dohh: Oliver was rushed striaght to SCBU when he was born and I only got to touch in for a quick second when he was lifted onto my stomach after delivery. They sent me a picture of him cause I was in no fit state to go see him and I took one look and thought `oh my god that is not MY baby they must have photographed the wrong one hes so ugly` Thankfully he grew into a gorgeous baby after all his puffiness/bloatedness resided and I did feel ever so guilty for thinking he was `ugly`

As for the 3d/4d scans I really want to have one mainly because I want to prepare Oliver as much as we can for sharing our life with his new bro/sis and cause he cant attend NHS scans we want to have a 4d scan so we can introduce him to him/her!

Madcat one of the questions they ask when you are admitted to delivery suite is what you want them to do with your baby once its delivered ie lift it striaght onto you so your can have a cuddle or take him/her away to clean before giving to you.....I was adamant `do not lift my baby onto me all covered in blood and goo I will be sick, please clean him and then bring him back` Because I was taken to theatre I didnt have a delivery suite delivery and the choice was taken away from me so Oliver was lifted striaght onto my stomach after delivery all covered in blood and goo and the 1st thing I instinctively did was reach out and touch him covering myself in blood, goo and all. Just goes to show that in the heat of delivering your baby everything goes out of the window :)

The goo is kind of lovely. The smell is indescribable, I am sure there are phermones that particularly attract the mum to bring the baby close. It's just the best smell ever. Byron was cleaned up a bit but still had crusty bits on his head and we didn't bath him fir a day or two. He was too lovely to bath.

I hate the smell of johnsons!

Madly it's a shame your boy isn't allowed at the scan. Byron was allowed at ours. Weird how different the rules are.

:cry: I'm sick :-( Not nausea or morning sickness, but sore throat and runny nose :-( I keep coughing. Thank god it's Friday and I can just cuddle up in bed. Should I go to see a doctor just in case? I'm debating phoning in sick because I feel like crap, but I don't want to cause it's my first week *sigh* I'm just gonna go and tough it out and call NHS Direct tonight to see if I need to go into A&E to get checked out.

Sorry you're sick! But if it's a cold you don't need to worry about it. Keep an eye in your temp and if you get a fever call the doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

colds are crap but not worth a look at a&e unles it becomes chesty or high temp. You can have paracetamol but thats your lot, yikes voice of experience allready here.

Morning all

Crappy start ive had so far, been gagging retching/heaving for 5 mins, thought it was never going to stop & wasnt sure if something was about to come up with it, All my ligaments in my stomach are aching now. I hate having this, it really puts me on edge.

Otherwise, housework day today, changing my bedding- i love a clean bed.

Wanna come change my bedding? I seem to tire of it every couple of days as I'm so sensitive to smells and as I spend so much time in it!

Bad start for me too. Already been sick. :( Need ot do so much work but don't know whether I'll be up to getting ot the office today or not. Was going to drive in after lunch. On the plus side maybe I'll feel more well tomorrow, an actual day off with all of us home, so perhaps I can join in on a day trip for once.

oh poor peanut, you seem to be doing the sick part of my heaving/gagging, i think i probably would be myself but i think i manage to hold my body back from it (something alot of emetophobes do). I didnt have a very good nights sleep either, tossing and turning, got up for a wee at 3 and couldnt get back to sleep, doesnt help that DH takes over my side of the bed(i dont know what we're going to do when im bigger!, its a king size too!).

Nah, changing my bed is enough!, cleaning out the fire next, then hoovering..

I agree madcat, whilst I'm not sure I can quite call myself a phobic I certainly do dislike being sick to the point of some degree of fear and I think I hold myself back too. But given that I can't even when I want to in pregnancy I think it is something very deeply rooted that I can't control.

I'm getting some work done now. Not sure when to try and eat though. Feel bad. :( If I can get my bid and newsletter assembled today, even if I don't make it in to my copying, I will feel pleased with my work.

well (touch wood), its been 10 years since i was last sick, but i remember it so very clearly, oh my senses remember it in minute detail, some people find actually being sick wasnt as bad as their phobia suggests, but for me i just want the world to swollow me up and take me away, i sit there crying and unable the breathe properly. Alot of the time its controlled with breathing, when im actually feeling the nausea that is, with this retching im doing, i must admit im not sure what if anything is controlling it.
Yes, i should eat something too, i only had one small slice of brown toast after that.

10 YEARS how the hell did you manage not to be sick for 10 years, what about stomach bugs etc?! Ive had about 4-6 in the last 10 years mainly from my nieces!!

Girls im stressing i feel great today and can breathe in again (havent been able to do that for ages) i think somethings wrong?!!!

i dont know, im careful with food though, very careful, ive always tried to say away from hotel rooms(when i worked in them) if there winter bugs were going on. Othertimes i guess its just been self control.

Not sure what i'll do when LO starts playing with other kids and picking bugs up though, im really not sure, ideally it would be nice to get treatment for it but its so expensive. But, im not the 1st person like this to have kids, others have managed, so i guess i will.

10 years is nothing compaired to other emetophobes bids!

ive had some evil stomach bugs from my neices i mean like losing 6lbs in 2 days never been so ill in my life - im sure you'll manage, i just cant believe it, 10 yrs is a really long time well done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->