Mother of all conception months Graduates

my fav so far has been ohh don't wear tight clothes it will squash the baby, your tummy needs to breath WTF? I was wearing a fitted matternity stretch top at the time. Plus every thing is ewither to tight now or falling off blah

oh you get some people saying stupid things, all the know it alls and the ole wives tales, i think some of them need to realise in this day and age we have pretty much heard it all. I think if i was worried about something i wouldnt say anything to family or people like that, id mention it on here incase anyone has had the same thing(&know what it is) and/or contact my MW.

originally my DH said we should tell his mum the news when i got my BFP, his reason was "because shes been through it all before and you can talk to her about". now bare in mind my DH is 36 this year, so she had children 36 years ago lol, i had to point out, alot has changed and after 36 shes not going to remember every niggle, and im certinaly not going to ask her if she had increased cm !PMSL!!!. Anyway, after the bad news my SIL had with the Edwards syndrome thing, i told her we had had all the tests and screenings done, her reply " they didnt even do those things when i was pregnant". says it all.

i ment to add, before i nearly cooked myself last night&before i nodded off, i was wondering if i was feeling the baby move. i was getting very very soft fluttery feelings in my uterus and the exact area the sonographer scanned me on. ive had gas many times before and can always recognise that feeling moving accross my tummy. the feelings were very light and if i was busy id have missed them, bit like butterfly wings gently knocking around inside me or something. Yet most people was say 14 weeks is too early(?)

sounds like you are describing movements! They just feel like little butterflies...is a bit early for a first but who know? Maybe you are just very in tune with your body...

still trying to find a maternity bra I like. I really need something now that will hold these puppies back...

Oh Loopy I gave in just bought a bigger normal bra couldn't find a maternity one. That was a fortnight ago and my sad little a/b cup boobies went up to a C. I'm pretty sure I'm about a week away from needing a D!!

On the bump thing I will be really peeved if people touch my bump. I think it's quite rude there is no other social situation where people would think it was ok to touch you without permission other than pregnancy.

I just got my consultant appointment through and my scan is the same day. Wonderful NHS letter said this appointment will take up to 3 hours please read the enclosed letter about ultrasound bladder requirements.

No ultrasound letter included!! So typical :haha:

I got my NHS little booklet I have to bring to appointments. I think it's real now, lol! So, when do you guys think you should start wearing maternity clothing?

I'm personally not in maternity clothes. I went looking a couple of weeks ago and everything is still too big. Mind you I don't have a bump yet. My uterus has popped out s bit now but I'm still managing to fit in three normal pairs of trousers.

Think it's just down to each individual and how you feel.

I've been in mat clothes a while now. My hips have already spread enough to not get my normal stuff over then even before it gets to the waist. My boobs are even bigger than last time I think and still seem to hurt more each day!

You ladies would maybe be better in my position. My pregnancies are routinely ignored by strangers and people I know. I had to stand at a bus stop in torrential rain for 45 mins at 8 months obvious pregnant last time and not one person even made room in the shelter never mind on the seat. I had people pushing me getting on trains while their companions whispered "I think she's pregnant". I had to take to bellowing about my pregnancy in the hope of a seat. DH used to be furious if he was with me. I never had one person touch my bump I don't think, except maybe my mum or sister. I never get people asking how I am or thinking I ought not be doing so much or the likes. :(

:hugs: I'd get up on a bus any time I saw a woman pregnant or an elderly person. I hate people that are so egocentric that they can't even give up a seat to someone who needs it more!

Ok I have a stupid question. If car baby seats have to be rear facing up until baby weighs 9kg how the heck are you supposed to see the baby if you are in the car yourself!!

Sorry if this is very stupid but I'm going to go loads of places on my own just me and jellybean so how am I meant to know it's ok if I can't see it!

Well the simple answer is that you can't. You can get extra rear view mirrors for seeing in the back seat and could try set up another mirror facing the baby to reflect into it. To be honest they just sleep in the car and you'll know if they're not asleep because they will be crying!

I'm trying to finish my coursework due Monday. The assignemtn is to reflect on some change I've experienced and how it was managed but I'll be damned if I can think of anything!

Love it!

To be honest they just sleep in the car and you'll know if they're not asleep because they will be crying!
says it all really!, happy days lol.

well, im off to the cinema, Paranormal Activity2 this time, im hoping it doesnt mess my head up like the 1st one, i was freaked out when i got home last time, we have since moved to a larger house with some very strange noises so im hoping No2 is Tame! lol:shrug:

DH bless him came home from shopping with a baby magazine for me!.

Oh that was nice of him. I bought Pregnancy & Birth in asda today. It's got a ten page bit for dads this month.

Yes Ozzie mine for about two days now! Guess winter is kicking in. My hands and face are a mess and my dodgy dermatitis is making a come back on one hand.

btw Ozzie, what's your EDD? I don't think I've got you on the first post. Is anyone else missing?

Well I did pretty much nothing today. Watched some Cranford on the laptop in bed. Did all but the last of my course assignments, that one not being due til 15th Nov so will do it on my week off. DH went to the shops with Byron. He got me some fancy body shop rose-scented moisturiser, they were dishing out £3 off vouchers so he got a bargain. Also picked up my mum essentials Bounty pack that weirdly came with a can of diet coke in it!! Some Avent breastpads and cream, little pot of sudacreme, some vouchers for various things and some fairy tablets.

My face is still covered in broken capillaries from being sick yesterday. :( Really hope I manage this week. Just looking ahead to my week off.

ohh i had the dry skin to start with as part of my thyroid prob. it soon sorted out with meds.

Peanut, EDD is 18 June 2011 :happydance: Interestingly enough, that's my bestest friend's birthday. Also, just clicked for me that the birth flower for the month of June is the Rose. My MIL, who sadly passed in March, her name is Roseanne. :) I thought it was rather fitting that we have a baby due in June.

oh on the car seat thing you could put it in the front not sure how much you would see tho

I wouldn't put it in the front myself. It's much less safe than in the back, though I know people do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->