Mother of all conception months Graduates

Yeah it's 'allowed' it's just much less safe in the front seat. For everyone really.

You aren't allowed to put a car seat in the front passenger seat of any car that has a front airbag unless you can switch it off.

Typically you can only switch airbags off on sports cars, I used to own one, you certainly can't independently switch them off in the car I have now which is pretty modern.

I wouldn't want to do that anyway was just a little freaked by the whole not being able to see the baby thing.

We can switch ours off it's a Scenic. We could in our Xsara and Skoda before too. I think it's getting much more common. Some makes/models need some fancy overpriced key to do it but mostly they are changing to a button or the normal car key now.

Oh wow I didn't realise. You could in my MR2 but you can't in my car now which is a BMW or my OHs so it's not something we'll be doing anyway.

I'll just need to hope my jellybean does one of the two things you mentioned Peanut otherwise I'll flap everytime I'm in the car on my own.

They do tend to wake if the car is stuck in traffic a long time which can be a bit stressful but it's usually when nearly at whichever destination and they've been snoozing a bit.

on a sad note re the car seat thing, my friends 17 yr old cousin was killed by a woman in a car turning round to see to her kids in the back and when she looked back up she was on the other side of the road and ploughed head on into him - he died on impact and so did his friend :( so your going to need to not let the baby distract you!!

easier said than done though i know what im like when i have my niece in the car!!

had a sleep earlier and now im not so tired, keep having crazy dreams not sleeping well at all at the moment but am still feeling better which is good - hows everyone else been feeling?!!

Morning.

That's so sad Bids. :( I don't find it so bad, the road always must come first and if the baby was so distressed my driving was compromised then it's time to pull over. I think it's more distracting when kids are older and fighting or whatever.

Well I'm just awake and waiting for some breakfast so I can get up and face a Sunday at work. I'm half anxious, half too tired and pregnant to care!

morning all!.

Have any of your MW's asked you if you have Strep B?. mine did, she went down a tick list of things i might or might not have, she asked about Strep B and i told her i didnt even know what it was let alone if i had it, and she ticked me off as 'not' having it.
I do now know what it is, but do you think i need to point it out to her next time i see her that i dont know if i have it or not?.

I'm gnna reference molly the stupid terrier here but she whines in the car. She sits in the front so i can glance and check she hasn't actually strangled her self butis other wise ignored. I'd rather baby was in the back knowing its safer etc but my tiny C1 would hold nothing then so i'm going to check out if car seat and pram both fit in the front that is where it will stay with airbag turned off (I use the ignition key) in OH's car baby will be in the back or the boot if their not lucy same goes for my parents car.

Aww bids thats a sad story shows you don't just have to be drunk or on drugs to be a dangerous driver. I'm quite strict so will teach my children to sit and stay still. Having been cut from a car its not a nice experience at 1am. OOOhhh bee in my bonnet lol
we have errected our first baby gate gor the dog not to tricky. I am a little disapointed at the people who think they can just nick stuff frommultipacks in primake they had some lovely little 7 for £4.00 baby grows only to realise 2 were missing. who does this????

its some bacterial thing we carry in our bits 'down there' aparently, but you wouldnt never know if you had it as its symptomless, but if you do have it and you give birth the baby is at risk of blindness(as far as i know). Its treated with antibiotics.

nice, i'm gnna ask to be tested just incase, I have a enough probs with my fully sited OH not seeing things. HOw can the midwife just put no in that box? and not test grrr

Girls, I'm really feeling down today. :-( I keep thinking about this stupid job and the qualification thing. Why would someone hire someone if they didn't know for sure they were qualified in the country where they will be teaching? WHY? I'm feeling really jerked around :-( I can't wait to get in to speak to the owner tomorrow.

have you had your CRB check? if so your safe to work just not as a room leader. I don't think I have ever had my qualifications checked admittedly they aren't useful but they go off references alot

They haven't put my disclosure though yet! It's still sitting on the desk in the office!

you shouldn't be working without that, eugh this really annooys me about nurserys I couldn't start my job with adults with out it. parents assume that everyone is checked. it's no offence to you but anyone could have got through the interview process

I know! I mean, I'm not a psycho that's gonna hurt the kids or anything, but still! The disclosure should have been done before I started.

hmm not sure i would send my child to this place but i got temp shifts in a nursery they weren't bothered i just wasn't left with the kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->