Mother of all conception months Graduates

I think they are multi purpose. A thing I read online said that if you wear a belly band you can keep wearing your pre-pregnancy trousers but with the buttons unfastened. That doesn't really appeal to me. Or they provide support and cover for your bump once it appears.

I haven't bought any yet don't know if I will either.

um i think ones from the physio help to support ya back, the newlook ones i think are meant to extend the life of you old tops bhen your bell sticks out underneath especially if you drop jeans or trousers under you bump. I have tried this and end up falling over my jeans lol

unless its properly for support i just wouldn't bother and get mat clothes. leave my trousers undone? i'd loose them

Yeah I know Molly :haha: plus with my high level of clumsiness my trousers would probably fall down, I'd trip and fall over them and break a bone or something :blush:

:wave: What sort of belly band? Like Molly says there are ones for allowing you to wear normal tops, but madly's will hav been girdles for supporting the weight of the baby. I had one last time, for all the good it did. I'll get something from the physio his time I hope, for me it's to support abs.

Madly I think you should put your referral in now. I did mine at the 10 week booking in and haven't heard anything yet. Postnatally I had to wait two months for an appointment.

Molly totally normal to feel achey shit all the way through! I don't know when it becomes spd. I wasn't diagnosed with it last time but towards the end I could lie down at all because of the pain in my hips and my thighs would go numb the side I was lying on. My sciatica is already bad and about two hours of sitting or 15 mins walking or standing is enough to give me the painful waddle.

Well I'm nearly back to pick up the boy. Last event tomorrow and then a week off lying around watching films. :D

ohh peanut its mainly back and tail. the hip i should expect i have very loose joints so think the relaxin has already gone to work there. I'm gnna call gp when OH has gone work i think

mmm, the belly bands for fashion (not physio) seem like a waste of time, i dont think id trust one to hold me pants up lol!. Id buy one of those elasticated belts to hold them up though and extend the life.

Madcat i have a cheaper option than a belt some one on here suggested it. a simple hair band works a treat and you can adjust it easily with the bloat lol

Madcat I'm going to get a new band this time. I used my sisters last time which was a bit big. They don't hold your trousers up - I still wore mat pants - but they do stop unexpected tummy flashes and save on needing to buy many mat tops. I was so big by the end that even my mat tops didn't cover my run and it was really ugly so I was ad to have the bands to plug the gap.

Molly my tail bone hurts too. I use cushions to soften seats wherever I can but sitting for any length of time hurts. It's best to have regular changes of attitude whatever you're doing.

More about "plugging the gap then", well, i see, i might need one one day!.

I seem to be currently experiencing a horrible aversion. I had baked potatoe tonight (still struggling with evening meals BTW), just plain with butter in it and the skin sprinkled with olive oil, bit of salt and pepper.
I tried to eat some of the skin(i liked it last week) but just couldnt stand the taste today, then i couldnt stand the taste in my mouth and had to&managed to clean my teeth, im lying in the bath and the taste came back to me, made me feel a bit sick. Got out of the bath& went to get my mints and couldnt stand the smell of the potatoes still in the air, ive had to go round with the air spray.
CRAZY!

Oh madcat it's all crazy. I can't pick what I want to eat at all. I've now cried in asda twice cos I've found it so stressful.

Doesn't seem to matter what I eat it's not what I want and I always end up with a gross taste in my mouth.

Oh madcat it's all crazy. I can't pick what I want to eat at all. I've now cried in asda twice cos I've found it so stressful.

Doesn't seem to matter what I eat it's not what I want and I always end up with a gross taste in my mouth.

im off nearly everything, and i havent felt true hunger pangs for nearly 4 months now (even when my tummy is empty i dont feel hungry), its awful eating for the sake of it and not enjoying it. But this is the 1st time ive eaten something, and smelt it afterwards and felt a bit ill with it, im holding off gagging as i speak.

My husband likes to do the food shopping with his mother (still ties to be cut there!!!), he asks me what i want this week, as he does every week, and i dont know, and dont really care, he must walk around not knowing what to feed me anymore.

I thought by 2nd tri this would have improved.

wow it looks like I am the only one stilll loving my food!

Well first MW appointment today, she said well you arent a doctor to me just a new mum-to-be. Lovin the attitude. She was lovely and I am really pleased. Plus she said I didnt look 41 :thumbup: so told her hoped my eggy ws young too...

Was nice to have appointment, checking all the bounty stuff as we speak. Feeling positive and looking forward to the future now, its a good warm fluffy feeling.

Madly - cant find your old thread about all the freebie stuff to sign up too?? Didnt do it at the time as was too worried it was all gonna go wrong.

Peanut, hope you have a wonderfully relaxing week off. I took a half day today and got home at twelve thirty and slept for hours...it was lovely.

Madcat - congrats on your orange flat pack baby :haha:
or maybe you just have abs of steel lady :thumbup:

The amount of prams and stuff is overwhelming! Found a relatively cheap one we liked in M&P but am now rethinking after what Madly said about the reversibility - makes alot of sense.

Molly I am suffering terribly with my back (like you Peanut). All the good work from my neurosurgery is unravelling thanks to :baby:
Talked about my worries and she has referred me to physio (agree with Peanut Madly get it in now) and a Obstetrician to discuss birth options. I mentioned didnt really want C-section but may have to be open minded and after seeing me get off the couch after my bloods the MW agreed it might be a possibility. She thinks I am going to struggle and have advised wearing back support already. Yikes. Anyway would crawl over hot coals for my :baby:

Hi Gilz and Ozzi :kiss: mamadonna :hugs: - any news??:flower:

no abs of steel here loopy, i must have the worst abs going, and the flabbest stomach, :baby: is just VERY low down at the moment, and extreamly flatpack!:haha:

Nothing to report here today Loopy other than a little bleeding. I'm hoping that's just down to all of the prodding from my scan yesterday.

I still don't have one of these bounty pack things, maybe I'll get one at my scan?

Nothing to report here today Loopy other than a little bleeding. I'm hoping that's just down to all of the prodding from my scan yesterday.

I still don't have one of these bounty pack things, maybe I'll get one at my scan?

I got a intro pack today from the MW - it has a card that you then take to collect your pack with a bunch of freebies.

Sorry about the bleeding, at least your scan was ok :hugs: my MW told me today I may get some more due to my haematoma so it doesnt seem unusual.

Maybe its something that doesnt happen in Scotland?

MAdcat - no abs of steel here. Had this bump anyway now I just pretend its a baby bump and not just a paunch!

I'm sure you do get them here I've seen other girls with bounty folders at the EPAU.

Not the end of the world anyway.

I'm so wishing for my bump already although I noticed at my scan yesterday she was scanning well above my hairline this time. Just thought cos I'm pretty slim
I'd have something to show for it rather than just my giant boobies :blush:

I'm sure you do get them here I've seen other girls with bounty folders at the EPAU.

Not the end of the world anyway.

I'm so wishing for my bump already although I noticed at my scan yesterday she was scanning well above my hairline this time. Just thought cos I'm pretty slim
I'd have something to show for it rather than just my giant boobies :blush:

Just ask for one when you see your MW next. I am told there is some useful stuff in there...discount vouchers for stuff you will actually use.

My (.)(.) dont look quite so big now they arent falling out of my bra :growlmad: kinda liked it

My blood pressure was high today as well, which is weird as its never high

Evening Ladies :hugs:

Thanks Peanut and Loopy never thought of it like that but yes if its take a month or whatever to get an appointment better get that referral in now :dohh: will get onto it tom :thumbup:

My bump support was in the form of a girdle and also (if you can use your imagination for a minute!) I had a great big elastic bump support the type you may put on a strain on your ankle only big enough to cover my tum :rofl: Not great to wear in the middle of July and August heatwave 2005 as you can imagine.....glad I will be carrying thru winter with this LO :dohh:

Loopy hon I signed up online to mother/baby clubs heres the ones I have signed up to so far.......Tesco, Boots, Mothercare, Bounty, Emmas Diary, HIPP Organic (because we will be purchasing their milk formula for baby!) I have recieved some great little packs through the post esp the Hipp Organic one they gave me a babys 1st year calendar complete with stickers to mark milestones :) maybe a little sad sounding but this sort of thing is right up my street you should see Olivers scrap book of his 1st 5yrs :lol: its mental but full of absolutely everything we have every done with him....I intend to do the same with this LO :thumbup: I have recieved plenty of money off vouchers for nappies, wipes, pushchairs and numerous other equipments including two for free packs of nappies :) and some recipe books....I made a really nice soup last week and if I can find the energy I am going to make some apple muffins tomorrow from another :) All in all I wouldnt knock any and boots give you a voucher for a free change bag if you buy a pack of nappies from them and you also get double points for everything you buy instore/online for 2yrs I think so great for purchasing nappies and milk :)

Me.....this eve well I went to the drs and although my chest is clear I have a throat infection and thrush on my tongue which is why my mouth and throat feels so rough :( I am still coughing like am on 40 ciggies a day and I feel really run down.....I ache everywhere and my dr has told me to take some time off work to mend otherwise I will just end up in a re-occuring run down pattern...not good for me or beanie baby :( I rang my boss to give him the bad news that I wont be in work on sat or sun (I have tom off on hol and monday off on hol cause its my birthday anyway!) He was really nice considering I have all but lost my voice and he struggled to understand me :dohh: and I am to ring him on Monday to give him an update so not due back in until wednesday now unless I dont feel well by then. Even worse Oliver has a sick bug and I cant tell you how I have struggled to clean up his sick today cause I dont feel well and am still suffering from sickness myself it just makes me gag arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! So I took tomorrow off work to attend my uncles funeral which I now wont be able to attend cause we are both ill and house bound plus even if I managed to drag myself I have no-one to sit Oliver and wouldnt impress risking them getting his bug......feeling really sad wanted to be there and say goodbye :(

On a positive note I have listened to beanie babys heartbeat twice today and s/he is still snuggled way down in my left hip......freaks me out to think I have a peach lodged there although gosh knows where am hiding it :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->