Mother of all conception months Graduates

Happy Halloween Loopy and morning Madly, men can be so frustrating sometimes. If the buggy is a really brilliant deal you should just get it.

Ozzie I really wouldn't worry about how you'll cope just now I'm sure when the baby arrives you'll find a routine. My OH works away for 12 days at a time and then home for 2. We also have a dog.

I'm sure once OH is finished his 2 weeks paternity it'll be a lot for me to get used to, but I'm positive I'll cope because that's what mums do :thumbup:

I feel like such a moaner :haha: but honestly this is my only outlet. If I say anything to my mom, she'll just say that I brought it on myself. Yeah, she's one of THOSE! I don't want OH to worry too much. He already is, bless him.

Moan til you can't moan anymore hon that's what we're for.

But you should try to explain any fears/concerns with your OH. I think sometimes we expect to much from men as they aren't remotely as emotionally minded as women. If we don't explain thing they sometimes just don't get it.

Yeah.....tried that. Feel like screaming at him cause all he says is that it will be ok and just to relax.

Yeah I know that response. My OH is very laid back and says things like that. But I've come to understan over the years that it's not that he doesn't care it's just that he's trying to make sure I'm ok.

Yeah, my OH is very sweet. When we're cuddling in bed at night his hand goes where bean is :) I do love him lots. He's very good.

Welcome back mamadonna, glad things are looking up.

It's true being pregnant is mostly shit but I think in the grand scheme of things it's a small price to pay for being by far the superior sex for our whole lives!

Well my nausea seems to be changing from nausea to a permanent kind of reflux state. Not heartburn, not acid, but like my food is constantly half way up my oesophagus which is nauseating in itself and makes burps (of which there are many) very hard to handle!

:hugs: to the others feeling sick.

Madly and Ozzie I confess I'm with your oh's on Halloween, I don't celebrate it at all and never have. DH likes it because he is a horror buff. Our first year in this house we were away over Halloween and returned to find our impossible to reach upstairs windows have been egged. Not impressed. I could understand a cul de sac or similar doing trick or treat where everyone knows everyone else but here we're as likely to be robbed opening the door to a stranger. Did you know that the trick would come from the occupant not the kid? God knows how it morphed to give us some sweets or money or we'll trash your house!

:shrug: In the US, kids don't usually trash houses, but people give out candy no matter what, mostly, unless they aren't home :shrug:

In the UK Halloween's never been widely celebrated but it grows every year now I think from the influence of American culture.

Ok, busy moring at work after 5/6 hours sleep. why am i being told stuff needs tidying and shirts ironed? Gah!!!!!! bloody man

Evening Ladies,

Well my 5yr old shouted at me for answering the door and giving out sweets apparently `its his job!` So I refused to answer it anymore.....now about 100 kids later hes complaining its `hard work` and I need to help him :rofl: bless him if only he knew what hard work was :dohh:

Oliver has also banned me from using my hired doppler.....he says he `doesnt like it` and he `just wants me to go to hospital and have it now` If only he knew how I felt :rofl:

My 5yr old has suddenly adopted the attitude of a 13yr old :dohh: However he was cute earlier and sang .......

I love my mummy
cause shes got a baby in her tummy

My and DH were absolutely howling with laughter....the little monkey!

he `doesnt like it` and he `just wants me to go to hospital and have it now` If only he knew how I felt

god, he hit the nail on the head there, never a truer word spoken!. why cant we have a 9 week pregnancy like a dog?.

Does anyone else feel like they sneeze alot more these days, horrible when it catches me out and im driving and cant lean forward to save my ligaments!.

Hes a little monkey and one of a kind.....Oliver has def walked this earth before :wacko: its like having a 5yr old but with a 25yr olds head screwed on his shoulders :dohh: Makes me wonder what this LO will be like.....I am thinking so quiet s/he wont say boo to a goose :)

Madly,'Oliver' is the name i will use as a second choice with DH should we be having a boy, he hasnt excepted my fave name yet "Bailey", oliver is the next name i'll put to him!.

theres a thread on 2nd tri about re-usable nappies, have any of you girls with LOs ever used them?, DH keeps thinking about it, im not sure, might be creating more work than is necessary, on the other hand, i hate to think im filling up the land with smelly pampers every day!

I'm sat on Byron's new real bed eating lasagne. Good times. We have a CD of lovely nusery songs and Byron has jsut beeing clapping, stamping and shouting 'hooray' in all the right places to Happy as You Know It. :cloud9:

Oliver is a star Madly!

Madcat we use Bum Genius and I recommend them highly. After almost two years of exclusive use (we have 16 of them and wash every other day) a few of them have lost some stitching on the velcro but it's mendable, so they've lasted well and apart from maybe buying perhaps four or five more we'll be using the same ones with this one.

I actually love using real nappies, washing and all. When I was on maternity leave I had great satisfaction in doing the wash and seeing them hung on the line drying! Back at work we took a little while but sorted out a routine with an evening wash meaning we'd have them dry for the morning. This has only not worked on those in between cool nights with no heating but not quite warm enough to get them dry on a rack. The only time we don't use them is when camping, when we use biodegradable disposables. We can't really manage the wash when camping.

Oliver is such a cute name for a little boy hon.....I just love it :) His middle name is Jack and I call him OJ for short :thumbup:

I have thought about reusable nappies hon but considering all the washing and drying involved I think one has to consider and even up pros and cons as to wether they really are as enviromentally friendly as they are made out to be plus all your extra time washing, drying etc in order to have ample supply cause some babies really do need changing often. Also the layout cost has to be considered and the type you use....some adapt and use press-studs so they can be made bigger as baby grows but some dont and so as baby grows you need to purchase the next size up and so forth. When I was born every baby wore terry towelling nappies so my mum never had the option like we do these days.....I would say weigh it all up and make a desicion which is best for you guys :thumbup:

Oh I hadn't even considered washable nappies :blush:

Madcat I really like Bailey too but there's no chance my OH would agree to it.

I just had a plate of roast potatoes for dinner it was fabulous!! Wish they didn't take so long to make though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->