Mother of all conception months Graduates

Morning girls :flower:

Anyone got lovely plans for the weekend? I don't just housework and dog walking exciting eh :haha:

Madly that bottle feeding thread we posted in has descended into a major scrap. Won't be going back in there.

Oh my gosh really hon......it seems that whatever the discussion is about a scrap is in order :saywhat: Things got a little passionate the other day on the HIP GRANT RANT thread but we kept it civil and everyone was excepting of each other opinions as to why we did/didnt think it should be scrapped :thumbup:

The last page I read had moderators in it so the thread was going rapidly down hill.

There was a new girl posting it in telling all the bottle feeders they were basically wrong/bad mums.

I'm all for differing opinions but it got well out of hand.

It's sad because I think the OP started the thread looking for support and all she got was abuse in the end.

Hey ho another lesson learned :thumbup:

How you feeling today hon and is Oliver feeling better?

I just quickly read through some of it hon and think I got to the point where formula feeding was called DANGEROUS and another lady commented on putting NASTY FAKE MILK INTO HER POOR DEFENCELESS LITTLE BOY :saywhat:

I feel so sorry for the thread starter because she was looking for support for her decision not to breastfeed this time and she got berated :(

Apparently according to a few posters you are a BAD MOTHER if you formula feed :growlmad: Thats makes me the worst bad mother then because I had a breast op for my health which now means I cant breastfeed.....I had 8lb (think about the size of a newborn!) taken from EACH boob and I would have never ever in this world tried to carry a baby with the weight I endured resting on a preg tummy :( Upsets me when people say such things because some people have no choice but to formula feed!

We are ok today hon.....on the mend! Oliver is better and I still have a sore throat and thrush covered toungue but am taking meds for it so hopefully by monday should be feeling tons better :) I called in sick today and tom as I was meant to be working so I plan on staying in and keeping warm :)

DH just brought me a bunch of red,pink and white roses and a very large box of chocs yum yum :)

How are you hon?

Oh jeez bottle/breast who cares as long as baby eats?

Ozzihunnie, if it helps I'm off my antidepressants purely had them for PMT but I do notice the difference. The stupid hprmones that come with that little bundle of joy are doing you no favours, don't wait for the midwife go see your gp or practice nurse or request to see midwife earlier. It's a stressful time being an incubator my OH is the same no caffiene, no rare steak, not a sip of alcohol go to bed and sleep but they love us and worry about the babies. I have very firmly told OH I'll do as I like til 24 weeks when baby can sustain its own life on the outside world in the meantime it plays by my rules. If i fancy a Brie sandwhich (can't stand the stuff) I will have one I know the risks.

I guess what I am trying to say speak to the doctor and tell OH to relax ou automatuically know whats best for bubs. and in the mean timeshower pjs on and back to bed treat yourself

Heh, I've just been lying in bed. My nausea seems to have passed a bit. Kitty came and lay on my tummy :) She's watching over baby :D

Oh Madly your DH sounds like a honey :thumbup:

I'm ok just really nauseous all the time, but I feel like I'm
starting to relax slightly. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow the jellybean was perfect at Wednesdays scan so think I can maybe start to enjoy being pregnant.

I bought potatoes at asda so I can make roasties, I hope they are as good as I want them to be.

:hugs: Ozzie, here's my advice and two pennies worth. It is probably hormones. Not 'just' hormones, hormones can be really serious and hard to cope with. I said this in your journal but with Byron I was depressed right through. I stopped doing anything. Just sat and became trapped within myself. I didn't feel broody or particularly happy. I don't suppose most mums to be feel that way but I doubt it's rare, especially at the beginning when hormones are all going nuts. As you're predisposed anyway it's not at all surprising you're feeling bad now pregnant. You OH is saying these things because he cares and wants to motivate you to help you feel better. It's just impossible for a man to know how it feels to be so totally controlled by something within you. You know, if you can't eat or not feel stressed or whatever else then my advice is just roll with it. I hate almost nothing for 8 months with byron as I couldn't stomach anything except microwave fries and s&v crisps. Byron is fine. You will feel less stressed by being allowed to go with the flow in your pregnancy. All this work crap is going to stress you out and worrying about the health of your baby on top of it isn't going to help. Babies just take what they need.

If you need to go see your gp and see if there's anything that can be done to support you.

Has anyone else read some of the posts by this person who commented in the FF thread? :wacko:

Yeah I've read the whole thread. In my opinion it's just been hijacked for people to rant at each other now, which is the complete opposite to what I thought this site was for.

I was meaning her comments on some of the other threads. Just wow. It's unfortunate that some people are so extreme about pregnancy.

I did wonder, sorry hon blonde moment. Is she extreme in other threads too?

It's a breastfeeding thread in first tri. There's a rather extreme poster calling women careless for FF. I did a post search on her and she's commented that cat litter can't hurt you unless you sterilize the cat after it goes to the box because there can still be cat litter on the cat. In reference to toxicwhatchamacallit.

I found the thread. Honestly in nearly three years I must've seen the same argument about 100 times. What she was saying was, mostly, true but she certainly represented the research inaccurately. Like saying a bf baby would be more intelligent against themselves ff! :dohh: that's exactly what CAN'T be shown! Studies can only consider such things as population averages. Like men run faster than women, it's the average. Plus such research cannot account well enough for the many other variables. For example the middle classes are more likely to bf and also more likely to actively encourage a pursuit of academia, right from the outset. Anyway I shouldn't start on it all here! What my experience of having already had a child has shown mr is that we may have many strict ideas when first pregnant but we soon loosen up and realise that parenting in practice is totally different.

I dunno, having studied child development, I feel I'm a bit better prepared for the developmental stuff....I know I'll be nervous and a bit overly cautious at times, but what new parent isn't? I'm going to try not to overreact to things that people do. I think we'll all be fine :flower:

I cant believe the number of BF police who are out there. As one of you said, the girl who started the thread only wanted to know if she was alone out there in her decision,jeese!.
As it happens my choice will be formula for personal and pratical reasons, i hope the MW doesnt keep on at me, as im very well informed as to the benifits & dissadvantages of both, thankfully although im not very outspoken, i am headstrong and not easily bullied into things, so if it is an issue i will put anyone who pushes the issue with me straight!.

Yeah madcat I posted in there initially when the tread started. The OP just wanted support from people in the same frame of mind. Sadly it didn't end up that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->