Mother of all conception months Graduates

Get your MW to recommend reusable nappies! They mostly do. Sterilising bottles is because the shape of them traps milk which I'm sure you will know is ace food for bacteria. Boobs produce the milk as they go along and being kept inside it doesn't grow bacteria (unless there is an infection in the mother of course). If you express breastmilk into bottles you still need to sterilise the bottles.

This is the cheapest I can find multi-buys of bumgenius:
https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/publ...&cat=1&catname=5 Pocket and Stuffable Nappies

But is anyone did get some reusables of a different brand I found this site:
https://www.cleangreennappy.co.uk/current-offers-and-discounts

Oh and if using formula the formula itself isn't sterile which is why it must be made up with boiling water and just before use.

oh i get the bacteria bit, just did a whole day on food hygiene i was thinking more if you do formula when its needed as per the latest instructions. I'l not win on that but i am not sterilising until 18mnths like friends of ours that is just bizzare the kid will be walking and eatting gos knows what as they own a parrot

Yeah we stopped sterilising at 6 months. Byron weaned from me completely at 8 months and we introduced cow's milk at 6 months (we didn't do formula at all really as I don't like it).

i'm trying BFing i've never been completely comfortable with the idea but feel it's thee most natural way but def won't pressurise my self as long as baby is happy healthy and popping well I don't mind. Def wish it was a 9 week pregnancy so we can get there and make these choises for real

I never considered FF but I did struggle with BF, at the start Byron wouldn't feed at all and got jaundiced (I put this down to a few factors including my unexpectedly early labour that clearly Byron wasn't ready for plus the nature of the birth). He never got a proper latch and so it was at least a little painful for most of the time I fed him though he did improve overall. But he thrived. Having started a wee one he soon caught up and overtook to be on 75th percentile for weight and still was until a few months ago. There is a certain degree of pride in knowing that I grew and nurtured him those 9 and then 6 months all by myself.

But circumstances can get in the way, the birth, difficulty with latch sometimes despite lots of support from bf groups/counsellors. It's just one of those things.

I don't at all have a sexualised view of my boobs but nonetheless BF was something taht often cropped up in pregnancy anxiety dreams. I'd never considered anything else so was surprised to find our nervous I was about it. All the messing about in the early days was really hard and made me even more frightened and there were many very frustrated feeds trying to get him in a good position to make it work. But we got through and things were better for it. I've never been able to feed in front of anyone except DH. I had to do some feeding at a baby group when he was too small to last through bu I always took myself to a corner and hid under a muslin. I was always such a messy feeder! lol He was noisy and I had these giant boobs that I had to manually shift about so he didn't suffocate. I think it's easier with smaller boobs.

A good mum friend of mine who had her boy 2 months before me had never intended to BF and in the end she went 6 months. We just need to do what works for us and be satisfied as much as we can with it.

yeah the friend with the 18mnth sterilizing got so upset and sore they got her nipple guards, she was really down about it def dont' want to go there

Nipple guards are never the answer! :( for your friend. Sometimes it really isn't easy.

bubs is 3 months old now, not sure what she went for shes quite private unlike her OH hence me knowing. lol I hope shes chilled out

It's really stressful having a baby at the start, or at least it was for us. Everything seemed to be complicated and manic. I think we'll be way more relaxed this time.

its prob like getting a new very complicated gadget takes ages to figure out the bits u need is then easy for a while then you decide to use another bit and its complicated again.

p.s. just randomly sneezed toast on the screen, up before the dawn great

Welcome to my world molly i'm up at 5am everyday :(

I deserve it after last week though! Hope you all have better than average weeks! I feel really sick today if that helps balance.

Morning all..

Soz to all those up early! I am still in bed, tried to sleep in but sods law woke up at usual time. On nights tonight was hoping to cope some extra zzzzzzz's.

I love Halloween, reminds me of the good ole days, getting on a hay cart which ferried a bunch of kids out to the pumpkin patch, all dived off and got the biggest one we could carry. The local pumpkin farmer turned the barn into a haunted house. It was magical, but probably looking back with rose coloured glasses. I loved it as a little girl, so exciting.

Felt rough yesterday, had an amazing saturday and bombed around cleaning and blizting everything. Yesterday suffered for it. Felt like I had been poisoned. Weird and dizzy. Feel bit better today.

Having lovely breakfast with lots of berries, yum yum.

How is everyone? :flower:

Much the same as you loopy, had a good day on sat and so did too much and still suffering for it. Already very nearly spilled today. DH is off today painting the loft. I want to help but not sure yet if I'll be able.

Oh I hope you can have a nice weeks holiday Peanut. At least you wont have to battle through and can just give into feeling rough (as much as you can with a little one around!)

I am having heartburn on an evening, and have to be careful what I eat but otherwise relatively unscathed on that front.

Is your OH off too?

Morning all

1 trick or treater, and now im working my way thru the cadburys buttons, i know its wrong, but i cant help it.

as for the heart burn, i get that of an evening too, but ive stopped taking gaviscon for it, i cant handle the taste of it anymore, id prefer to suffer the heartburn to be honest!, and by the time i take the gaviscon the heartburn has gone anyway.

i start my 16th week this week:thumbup:, still wondering when if ever my uterus/:baby: might rise into tummy, heart beat is still way down by pubic bone, i really need to see some progress soon.

I have the MW tomorrow, must remember to take a sample (i can never we on demand!)

DH is off for today. Byron's in nursery as normal today, tue and thu. Probably that makes me bad but I need a break. I felt so good doing stuff on sat I feel gutted to be feeling as sick as ever again today. I hope this week to be able to properly clean the cooker (a mat leave job I didn't get round to!) and to do some painting of the balustrades and skirting in the loft.

Did I mention heartburn madcat? I can't remember but I'm having food coming up but not acid. I don't see how an antacid could possibly help as the cause is a relaxed oesophagus. I hate gaviscon too, it is the devil's own drink I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->