Mother of all conception months Graduates

oh everyone sounds so sickly:hugs:

Morning all.

Well after listening to the MW's terrible doppler i got my own out this morning, baby always sounds so much more active in the mornings, im either carrying a boy or a feisty girl, theres one hell of alot of kicking going on in there, recieved a few blows to the doppler!:thumbup:

Morning Ladies,

Well I still feel pants but at tad better I suppose :) I still have stuffy sinuses and a cough and also currently an headache but I have been taking my antibiotics since yesterday so hopefully they are kicking in now :thumbup: Oliver is at school and DH at work so I am resting up until about 2.30pm when I will have to leave to do school run.

I just so love using the doppler too madcat hon :) havent used it this morning though but prob will :dohh:

How is everyone else this morning :hugs:

Morning Ladies,

Well I still feel pants but at tad better I suppose :) I still have stuffy sinuses and a cough and also currently an headache but I have been taking my antibiotics since yesterday so hopefully they are kicking in now :thumbup: Oliver is at school and DH at work so I am resting up until about 2.30pm when I will have to leave to do school run.

I just so love using the doppler too madcat hon :) havent used it this morning though but prob will :dohh:

How is everyone else this morning :hugs:

oh you do sound diseased hun :hugs:

you know i was really supprised by the MW's doppler, i thought it would be far superior to my £20anglesounds one, but it was awful, crackly, so much interference, i'll stick with mine thanks!:happydance:

Morning (night time for me)

Glad Bids scan was all ok :thumbup:

Am going to call GP surgery in next couple of days to find out when flu jab clinics are.

loopy save yourself the effort call occy healthy and get it at work, i just happened to be there to get mine arm still sore. hahah can really feel my energy returning now would have pounced on oh if i wasnt achy
fab news bids hope dinner went well

Morning ladies :D

well yesterday was a sucess scan was great, heard the heartbeat and everything, saw its ickle feet and head, the cord etc we were gobsmacked.... i'll upload a pic later - its not as clear as i'd have liked though!!

the MW Unit is like a 4* hotel (sorry Cat i know your bored of this now lol) it has 3 rooms which all have different moods i.e the yellow room etc they have massive birthing pools, pull out beds for DH, flat screen tv's and huge en suites - i sooooo hope i can have my baby there oh and they put me back 2 days which is bareable haha

meal went down a storm and everyone is over the moon :D

i REALLY dont know about the flu jab??!! But think i'll decline but not sure as no-ones mentioned it to me yet?!!

congrats peanut!!

glad we're all moving on in the right direction and things seem to be moving quicker for us all now yay xx

bis your in trouble i have 2 hospitals to pick from neither sound that nice. might just do the 6 hour thing if i can and be out asap

well as nice as it is i dont want to stay in hospital if i dont have too!! its only been open 3 yrs think this is why its so nice as well.... i almost feel guilty for having a place this great - but i need to be low risk to go as there's no doc's etc on site!!

well as nice as it is i dont want to stay in hospital if i dont have too!! its only been open 3 yrs think this is why its so nice as well.... i almost feel guilty for having a place this great - but i need to be low risk to go as there's no doc's etc on site!!

so you should feel guilty!!!:haha::haha::haha:

haha thanks Cat and dont worry i do - they should have them built like that everywhere, even on the main ward they only like to have 2 people in a room with 4 beds seems they have their heads screwed on at this place!!

Bids that place sounds lovely,you should see where I'm having mine!!!Its a horrible hospital with 6 beds in a room and nobody cares about you:cry::cry:
There is a nice mw led delivery unit,but as you say you've to be low risk to get in there.I'd high blood pressure with my 1st pregnancy so i've been told i'll be never be regarded as low risk because of that:cry:
I would've loved to go there,especially after my last labour.They told me I wasn't in labour,shoved me in a bed in a room with women who'd already had their babies,sent dh home and gave me pethidine.It resulted in me feeling off my head and unable to alert anyone or get up,it was only when I started screaming that a nurse came to me,checked me,I was 8cm's(no drugs:cry:)they rang dh and told him to get in asap,
wheeled me into the delivery room,oran born 20 mins later,(only had time for about 3 puffs of gas and air)dh walks in the door about 5 mins later and nearly fainted seeing me there with lo in my arms!!:cry::cry::cry:
All in all,sooo traumatic,did it all all by myself,and feel teary now even thinking of it,so any other option would sound good to me!!
Now i'm feeling sorry for myself!!!

On a lighter note,been xmas shopping yesterday and today,and i've a warm fuzzy feeling,LOVE LOVE LOVE xmas soooo much.Have all the santa stuff,and other presssies too,it just puts me in the best mood ever!!

i havent seen the maternity unit i'll be going to yet, but like yours , mine will be one of those big huge impersonal hospitals and im pretty much expecting the same as you had, although im not having DH being sent home!!!!!

As regards flu jab,like a lot of you I don't really know what to do.Wanted to chat to my gp about it at last appointment 2 wks ago,but there was someone else standing in for her,which threw me,so I didn't ask anything I had planned to ask!!
I won't see her again til 16dec.I kinda thinking I won't get it.I'm not working,so not really around loads of people constantly,and dh works outdoors and usually alone or just with 1 or 2 others.Shay would be my only worry coz he's in playschool and around lots of snotnosed kids!!
I don't know,It was blown outta proportion here last yr,and wasn't as bad as they thought it would be.Here it is up to the individual to go get the jab,and all pregnant women over 12 wks are advised to.Just don't know what to do!!!

My 1st labour was completely different madcat,it was sooo long that dh had to go home or he would've been awake for 72 hrs too,and no use to me when I needed him!!
The 2nd 1 went so fast,I went from them telling me I was only 1cm to giving birth in about 2 hrs,I couldn't believe it!
My 1st was lovely and relaxed and I got my epidural at 3cm's and it was all hunky dory,except for the end bit!!
I think it just depends how busy they are too.With shay the labour ward was empty so we'd all different midwives coming in for a chat and havin a laugh.With oran the place was manic,so thats prob why I was ignored until the end!
Not looking forward to it,but definately won't be letting dh home this time!

Our maternity unit is reasonably new and pretty nice. I won't see it next week at my scan as that's at a different hospital but i've been to the maternity unit to visit my two friends who've had babies.

You get your own room with en-suite and if you are being kept in your OH can stay.

Ours is just an all in one unit so i can still go there even though i'm high risk.

:growlmad:oh now i'm really jealous!:growlmad:
This country annoys me so much,you don't get any nice treatment unless you pay for it.I actually went private last time and paid a fortune for my own consultant and thats what happened,bloody joke,didn't see the consultant til my 6 wk check up!:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Wow Bids your unit sounds amazing, great there are places like this popping up.

I am going to be in a hideous hospital but its only a few mins away so suits me for hospital appointments etc. There isnt much to choose between this and all the other icky hospitals around.

I will definately be getting the flu jab, no question. Really dont think it is worth the risk. I have asthma though so am at higher risk of respiratory illness anyway.

Well I will be giving birth at St James University Hospital Leeds.....any of you Ladies seen the TV programme?

All I can say is I hope my experience is better than when I had Oliver :thumbup:

What tv programme was that Madly? thought you were talking about One born every minute there but thought that was southampton somewhere.

:cold:brrr im cold, ive just put the heating on, could stand it no longer, Dh would have a cold house but when im cold, i feel miserable until i can stand it no longer.

I have new fave snacks at the moment, cant get enough of original holahoops and jaffacakes!:munch:

i forgot to ask my midwife about the flujab, but Vbaby says, im not working either, im at home nearly all the time so not in contact with people generally, DH works but either on his own or with one, two at the most other lads, i dontknow, i guess if they call me for it i'll go, but probably leave it otherwise.

I also forgot to ask MW about antenatal classes, thats when we get to tour the maternity unit, it doesnt say in my notes when these classes need to be booked and how you book them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->