Mother of all conception months Graduates

I like charlotte and charlie sounds great:thumbup:

I will attempt to suggest Dylan next..........lol

I can see MIL and I clashing quite a few times along the way to be honest, i think id be niaeve to think anything else. Im not a push over you see, im very headstrong, stubborn, know my own mind and stand up for myself (not often, but when required) and if i have to say something to her i will, i wont enjoy it, but im no pushover. Unfortunately shes the type who will then run to DH in a flood of tears saying "so and so said this and im soo upset" (heavens sake).
This happened recently, i think i told you both my SIL and I were the same number of weeks pregnant, at her 12 week scan they found :baby: had edwards syndrome, they had to terminante. MIL told family, ex family friends, and friends of friends all about this rather personal&rpivate matter. SIL just wanted to try and move on to normality but started getting cards&flowers from those she didnt even know- upsetting her further.
MIL was told she was wrong to be spreading the news to all and sundry, she phoned up last night with the water works on complaining everyones being so nasty to her because she told everyone!LOL

OMG I cant believe your MIL or can I cause mine would be exactly the same which is why DH didnt tell her or his family about our m/c.....owt for a bit of gossip :trouble: your poor SIL!

Byron didn't get his middle name until the day he was born. DH and I have the sane initials PMB and as our girl middle name begins with M we thought we'd make it a family think but we couldn't think of an M boy's name we liked enough. In the end he hot Coleridge which we would've liked as a first name for a future boy but I was too postnatal to object having not yet slept after my 35 hour ordeal!

LOL!, the name Dylan is out also, Dh says "no" as he knows someone called Dylan!.

Oh yes, you better believe it, even DH said she spread the news like News of the world about SIL.
Exactly why i wanted to wait until 13 weeks, i put my foot down about that!.

Nite nite all! x

No posts yesterday. I came home knackered from work and almost immediately went to bed. I've managed to force myself to eat which seems to be the trick to keep me from throwing up. I had a cold, but I'm getting back my sense of smell now, which isn't helping matters :sick:

Just want to sleep all the time. I have to go into work on Saturday for a planning/staff meeting :cry: I don't want to go, but I have to. Who schedules a staff meeting on a Saturday ffs?

morning ladies....

wow what a busy busy night. Spent five hours in A&E assessing two teenagers, then back to hospital and just finished working now- 0800. Yikes. No food, one wee and two cups of strong coffee (so sorry :baby:) to get me through. Soooooooooo tired now.

Madcat - how can you MIL not see that telling all and sundry about something so tragic?? termination is such an emotive issue and if I chose that route I dont know if I would announce it - might pretend had a mc after amnio or something. Some people have such strong feelings about it and I dont know if I could take someone critizing a personal decision that I would already beat myself up over and take to my grave wondering if done the right thing. She sounds either very interfering or very naive!

Our names:-

:blue: Dylan (his) :pink: Poppy (mine)

We have a very masculine surname and wanted a prettish/girly first name so didnt sound like a brute.

No middle names yet ....any suggestions??

Morning Loopy sound like you had a really hard night :hugs:

We know what the middle name will be if it's a girl, it'll be Bernadette. That was my mums name. As for boy middle names not got a clue at this point.

My bleeding is back again, just when i was starting to feel quite good about being pregnant. I had bleeding last week but it was the day after my scan so it'd just put it down to the radiographer poking about at the bleeding, but there has been no poking or prodding to bring on this batch.

:hugs: Gilz. Looks like it's your thing but hopefully it'll settle and the longer it goes on and the baby is fine the more confident you can be that it's not causing damage.

:hugs: loopy rough night!

I awoke this morning, having had a bad night, aching like hell. I need a bump wedge cushion now and have started feeling uncomfy on my back. Everything hurts.

Our girl's middle name is May after my godmother who died about 3 years ago. Second middle name choice is Magda after my Aunt who died from a brain tumour about 6 years ago. I'd also like to use Winifred, my Granny.

No boy's first name yet so no middle name either!

morning ladies....

wow what a busy busy night. Spent five hours in A&E assessing two teenagers, then back to hospital and just finished working now- 0800. Yikes. No food, one wee and two cups of strong coffee (so sorry :baby:) to get me through. Soooooooooo tired now.

Madcat - how can you MIL not see that telling all and sundry about something so tragic?? termination is such an emotive issue and if I chose that route I dont know if I would announce it - might pretend had a mc after amnio or something. Some people have such strong feelings about it and I dont know if I could take someone critizing a personal decision that I would already beat myself up over and take to my grave wondering if done the right thing. She sounds either very interfering or very naive!

Our names:-

:blue: Dylan (his) :pink: Poppy (mine)

We have a very masculine surname and wanted a prettish/girly first name so didnt sound like a brute.

No middle names yet ....any suggestions??

IN answer to the MIL question, i really honestly say i dont know what she thinks shes playing at, i just dont know, shes knows alot of people(bit of a busy body) so the majority of north wales now know, its gossip!.
SIL didnt have a choice but to terminate either as things were so bad. I knew i had some very good reasons as to why i wanted to wait for our nuchal scan and bloods before telling anyone.

Morning Loopy sound like you had a really hard night :hugs:

We know what the middle name will be if it's a girl, it'll be Bernadette. That was my mums name. As for boy middle names not got a clue at this point.

My bleeding is back again, just when i was starting to feel quite good about being pregnant. I had bleeding last week but it was the day after my scan so it'd just put it down to the radiographer poking about at the bleeding, but there has been no poking or prodding to bring on this batch.

sounds like this bleeding is never quite going to let you settle which is a shame, its going to be something and nothing though:hugs:

Well, Ive reached 16 weeks, :thumbup:, 4 weeks to go until 20 week scan, i thought id be looking really pregnant(or a bit) for the scan, but cant see that much is going to change in 4 weeks. Cant wait to find out what team we're on.:happydance:

Well, I tried the Name Dylan with DH last night, thats a no too, because he knows a Dylan! lol. So i said, at this rate youre fast approaching being stuck with Bailey!.

Peanut & Madcat you guys are both right the bleeding probably is just going to be a thing for me, but i can't make my brain/heart understand that.

Everytime it happens i just panic thinking what if this the time there really is too much etc.

I know i shouldn't worry, but if anyone has suggestions how i stop i'd love to know :haha:

Yes girls rough night but was very interesting and felt like I had time to do a good and thorough job which is rare in this profession. Had to call out my senior to do an assessment but he rang to thank me for 'all my good work', nearly fell off my chair but nice to hear nonetheless.

Aw Gilz, :hugs: for the bleeding. Try hold on to the knowledge that your scans have been ok so far despite your bleeding :flower::flower: My auntie apparently bled heavily for five months and babe was fine. Never given a cause.

Peanut really liking Magda! Really unusual, yet cool. Like May too. Thinking maybe Alyce after my grandma. So hard would love to use some from my moms side but really dont like them...

Gilz, there is no way you arent going to worry. I suppose just try and rationalize your worry and dont let it become detrimental (?sp soz brain dead) to your or jellybean.

Your :baby: is just making sure you will never take him/her for granted x

Thanks guys that's my moan over for the day now.

Only 6 days til our scans Loopy :happydance:

Thanks guys that's my moan over for the day now.

Only 6 days til our scans Loopy :happydance:

Yippeee at least you dont have to worry too long Gilz :hugs::hugs:

Feeling relatively postitive however I still have those heartstop moments when suddenly think............am I still pregnant?????? Scary but then I pinch myself and say a mental 'chill out'

OH is really excited about scan. Really happy he is looking forward to it :thumbup: Cant wait to see :baby: again :D

better get some sleep otherwise crazy talk will be coming out! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

nite nite x

Madcat,thats crazy,my boobs were throbbing all day yesterday for the 1st time since I was about 9wks preg!

We're not even havin the name conversation til we know the sex,there's no point,Everything I come up with dh says no,and vice versa.We agreed on the boys names eventually,but the name shay didn't even come into it until about 2 wks before he was born,and I always liked oran but dh was again havin none of it,then again nearly when I was due I was out shopping and he txt me and just said he was thinking of the name oran and its really growing on him,so that was it!
Neither of them have middle names,so this baby isn't getting one either!!

Madly,charlie and charlotte are lovely,but thought you were going for aoine or aine??Did yous change your mind??

Peanut and madly,so shit that yous both are feeling so bad.Wish I could spread some of my feeling good vibes:hugs::hugs:

Madcat your mil sounds nuts,thank god my mam and mil aren't that bad,plus they live far enough away!!I cannot bear gossip!!

Gilz sorry your bleeding has started up again.Is it spotting or bleeding?At least you've a scan soon,and after that if you've any worries I'm sure your doc will listen to hb with a doppler.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->