Mother of all conception months Graduates

Baby Charlie is now smack bang in middle of my tummy about one inch lower than my belly button.....I know hes certainly on the move :lol:

charlie is speedy hun!!, be kicking you in the ribs before you know it!!

Hon in comparison to Oliver this baby is a live wire :rofl: Oliver was so lazy he he he but Charlie started moving about 10wks and I am feeling him moving regular now too....I feel alsorts going on :blush: and friday night I swear the little monkey did a rugby tackle across my tummy as I got a very rough dig in my right side :dohh: it made me jump :wacko:

Question?, im wondering if im a snob (well both of us, inc DH).

If you were visiting a friend (in this case one you havent seen in a long time), youre sat in their living room, drinking coffee etc, and realise your baby needs changing.

would you A) get your changing mat out there and then on the living room floor, nappies wipes etc.

or would you B) ask your host if you could take the baby off to the bathroom or bedroom and change baby there?.

Madcat personally I'd ask if I could change the baby elsewhere but most of my friends would probably say not to bother. If they were in my house they'd probably ask me too but to honest if they asked I'd probably tell them just to stay where they were.

I've missed loads this weekend, we were away at my aunt and uncles near Aberdeen which was lovely. Loads of good food and walks with dog. Happy happy.

So want a bump already I'm so impatient!!

yes, i get you, if theyre good friends. These "friends" in question never visit us, and i havent seen either of them in about 2 years, then they turn up at our house, 20 mins later changing nappies on the living room floor, i nearly said "make yourself at home!" lol

Madly, one thing that's a problem is we have two dogs, one is pretty good, he's a young doggie, about 3.....the problem is the other dog who is older and doesn't do well with kids disturbing him :-( Cat is no problem, she just does her own thing.

Madcat hon if it was say my best friend who has a baby or my sister with my niece then they would just change their baby on my living floor and I wouldnt question them but if it was someone I hadnt seen for yrs am not saying I would expect them to ask me if they can change their baby but like I say some new parents have blinkers on! If I was visiting an old friend(s) with little one I would certainly ask if I could change LO wether it be there or upstairs or whatever its just polite to do so and is good manners but then some people dont have them either! I dont think you are a snob because you feel like this at the end of the day its your home and anyone who you invite into it should be polite and curtious to their hosts!

Madly, one thing that's a problem is we have two dogs, one is pretty good, he's a young doggie, about 3.....the problem is the other dog who is older and doesn't do well with kids disturbing him :-( Cat is no problem, she just does her own thing.

Ha I see your prob...tricky where pets are concerned....hard one hon!

Oh no back at work at 6.45am in the morning :dohh: 5.30am start for me :wacko:

lol madcat! If it was my immediate family I'd judt do it, anyone else and I would ask where would be a good place to change. Actually as we use real nappies we usually need a bathroom, especially if there is a no.2!

Hello all. Sorry I've not checked in today. It's been a funny day. I felt rotten after my busy day yesterday and late night. We went to Homebase to get more skirting this morning instead of going to look at carpets as all the good looking shops are closed on a Sunday! We're going to email them with our requirements instead. Had lunch then Byron slept and I fitted the rest of the skirting. Hard work sawing and things squatting on the floor with a mitre block! But it's all done now so I need to do some filling of nail holes and gaps, sand it all back, try and clean of the remaining dirt from the works then finally ready to varnish!! Been a bit wrecked as a consequence of the manual labour though. Tried twice to nap. The first time I awoke the second DH left Byron asleep (about a minutes' sleep), the second time I awoke the moment they returned in the back door after the dog walk. Again only about 5 minutes' sleep. Boo.

Back to work tomorrow which makes me pretty :( but I start the day with my MW appointment so that's something.

ewww nappies living room floor i'd tell them to shift there and then. you never know where all that mess and wee is gnna go.
if you were visiting them thats different.

Morning All.

Got the old doppler out this morning,...why not..its raining!. Took me ages to locate HB, its completed moved to a different side lol!. Lots of kunfu kicking going on, then it all stopped!, little bugger went to sleep!!.

Off to asda today and see if they have any trousers for me.

Did you get to hear the heartbeat at your 12 week scan Madcat? I'm still scared off dopplers but I really want to hear the heartbeat :dohh:

Happy trouser shopping hopefully asda will have some goodies :thumbup:

I did Gilz :D was amazing its soooo fast they only put it on for about 2 mins just for us to have a quick listen!!

Worst day of my life today its 3 years since my dad died :cry::cry: - i hate working on this day usually book it off but am out of holiday :cry::cry::nope:

Oh Bids honey I know how you feel. Massive :hugs:

I always expect every year to be much better but it never really changes.

Thanks Gilz - yeah your totally right, i keep wondering which will be the year that its not so hard but i know thats never going to happen!!!

aww bids, hugs. To add to the sad day my dog at parents wasput down today, he had a huge cancer in his tummy and could barley move over the weekend. very upset but am having my hair done later so hopefully will cheer me up

Oh so sorry Molly :hugs:

When is your scan hon? I've got everyones dates messed up in my head.

i think it depends on the hospital, at my 12 week nhs scan i only "saw" the HB, i dont think they have the facilities to play it out loud, but i heard it at my private scan at 7 weeks and 13 weeks:winkwink:

I was wondering Madcat. I know you are meant to get to hear it at your later mw appointments but I won't see the midwife again because I'm high risk it's all consultant appointments from now on.

Hi all! Had my MW appointment this morning. All good. No infections, no anaemia, heard the hb, seemed quite slow to how I remember Byron's. Got a wiggle while MW was listening and lots of jiggling when I got home. Anterior placenta which explains why I'm feeling more at the sides than the front now. Scan on 7th Dec, MW appointment 25th Jan. Ages! Refused the quad test.

Hope you're all ok. I'm back working today. Having a week break on here right now. I'm knackered! Still got the dog to walk too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->