Mother of all conception months Graduates

Morning all!

It is a lovely crispy morning Madcat and a weird one too though, i'm nearly 14 weeks and today i was sick for the first time, very bizarre.

It's rubbish you don't have a date for your scan yet, it seems to vary so much from hospital to hospital.

I was told to expect this scan date to come thru a week before the scan, well thats not good enough when DH needs to book time off work, or could possibly be away. I phoned the hospital 2 weeks ago, they wouldnt give me a date and told me to phone more nearer the time, well, 'face to face' always works well with me, so i'll see them on wednesday about it(i'll be 18 weeks thursday), i dont think thats unreasonable, and will explain the situation.

Oh no!!, you been sick?, thats been late coming to you?, oh you poor thing:hugs:

:hugs: Gilz poor you! I often hear of surges in hormones around 15-20 weeks making people more sick.

I feel nauseous as always. Working from home as tomorrow I have training all day and Wed I'm in London all day. That'll a long one!

I've not been out yet but need to walk the dog at lunch time. She has done one of her front legs in, not sure how but she won't rest it! We're only going to have a little walk though. I hate that she is starting to get old. DH has started giving her cod liver oil now. :cry:

Madcat i totally understand your frustration, we're in the same position with my OH. He'll struggle to be allowed time off for our scan as it's likely to be the week after new year.

Peanut sorry your doggy has a sore leg, it's horrible watching them suffer isn'it.

I'm actually ok now, just back to my normal nausea, it was just very strange i was lying in bed and just knew that i was going to be sick. Was sick and then went back to bed for an hour before work.

Hi ladies,hope you're all doing ok!
Well finally my booking in appointment and scan is tomorrow!!!
I'm really excited,but very nervous too.Seems like so long since i've seen lo,hope he/she is doing ok in there.Definately not feeling the movement I felt with oran,so I'm still not very relaxed about things,but I know all babies are different,and maybe placenta is to the front or something!

Hoping to find out the gender aswell,if they can see,but not holding my breathe as a few people have said they don't think they tell at this hospital.I suppose it'll depend on the sonographer,whether its a nice friendly helpful 1,or a rude,just do my measurements and then sent me on my way 1!

Have to go alone,as hubby has to work.:cry: my mam is travelling up to mind my boys for me
I'll be stuck there half the day i'd say,as its my booking in appointment,i'll have to get my bloods done and all,so will bring plenty of magazines with me!

That's great that your appointment is tomorrow Vbaby, rubbish that your DH can't be there though.

Do you get two scans in Ireland? If you do when will you get the other one given this one has been so late.

Good luck for tomorrow vbaby!

I'm feeling lots less movement too. Wondering if it's a girl?1 ;)

MMMmm,yeh maybe girlies are less active!!
No gilz you only get 1 scan here,and it can range from anywhere between 12 and 24 wks!!
All depends on what hospital you go to and how busy they are.Thats why I paid for the 1 I had at 11 wks,and will pay for a 4d at about 26 wks,its ridiculous.
My lil sis didn't have her 1st scan til she was 22wks,it was her 1st baby.Imagine if god forbid there had been some sort of abnormality,very late in the pregnancy to be discovering things like that.
We don't get nuchal scans or whatever they're called,its all just if something is spotted on your normal scan,whenever that may be!

oh cant wait for the piccies!:baby:

im dying to find out the sex of ours, i think its a boy but i do want to know for sure, it'll be just my luck baby will be in wrong position!

ohhh about time Vbaby,
Yup really want to know what we're having i'vemoved on to buying Xmas stuff as I can't buy any more baby bits grrrr.

Ahhhh 14 weeks in a few days scary.
Gilz i thought I was going to throw up this morning especially as i brushed my teeth maybe its just a 1st to 2nd tri thing and will bugger off in a few days. Fingers crossed

What do you girls think onquilts for babies, i don't like those cellular blankets much, to hospitally

I got a job interview! It's nothing special, just some seasonal work down at the Card Factory in town. It would be great as it would be a little extra money for us. I don't know if I'm going to tell them about my holiday from the 14th of December to the 31st....just depends on how long the post is for :happydance: WOOOOO!

Side note: I kept down a full meal today! Mac and Cheese, veg and boiled potatoes!!!!!! :happydance:

Good work Ozzie, on job interview and eating! lol Hope it goes well.

Molly we could two cellular blankets and they've been great. Quilts aren't recommended until the baby's older as they can easily overheat. The recommendation is to layer up blankets instead so they can be easily removed/added. As soon as Byron was big enough we used sleeping bags which are the best. In the middle of the coldest winter last year we added blankets over the top too. He's got a duvet now he's in a single bed.

:rofl: Have you all seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvsvaVPMCCc&NR=1

lol ozzie very funny.

so glad were having spring babies i can worrymore about it then

well, the HIP grant is out!!.
MW got back to me today, phoned me, she had all the new information through this week, 'you have to have EDD of 15th April or earlier to qualify'.
I told her about the whole 25 weeks by jan 1st thing, she said she had double checked before phoning me, and the 15th april thing is set in stone!.

I asked about 20 week scan appointments, she persuaded me to phone them again, they are not booking appointments any further in advance than 26th nov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I made a point to her say that we need at least 2 weeks notice, shes taken down my details, the week im due for my scan and will get back to me, and if i dont hear anything, to phone again on friday.

Ohhhh that is annoying, I knew we were out on the HIP real annoying that.
I can't believe how slow your hospital is seen as we got given our over a month away at the 12 week scan

OMG ozzieshunni where did you find that video LMAO :rofl: Congrats on getting an interview :)

vbaby its great your scan is tomorrow :) Seems to have come around real quick although prob not for you :dohh: I still have 4wks to wait :( and I am also at the hospital tomorrow for my GTT test am taking oliver with me as he has a school closure day.....plenty of mags and a book for me too :thumbup: Should be fun!

I am starting to feel a little better....I think I may be turning a corner where the :sick:ness is concerned although the heartburn is something terrible :dohh: I reckon baby Charlie will be born with the fullest head of hair anyone has ever seen judging by how wicked it is :rofl: still flavoured Rennies are a saviour and I recommend then to everyone :) Today my only preg sympton is a terrible terrible headache prob brought on by lack of sleep....Oliver slept in our bed last night as DH is away and proceeded to spend all night kicking me in either my belly or bed....was not a happy bunny needless to say he will be sleeping in his own bed tonight :)

How is everyone else this eve?

Oh no madcat how annoying.....Nice for me to know though that even with MY EDD of 16th April I wouldnt have still qualified for HIP as the only reason I thought I didnt qualify was cause the damn hospital gave me an EDD of 29th April so I wouldnt have qualified anyway :growlmad:

I cant believe the buggers still havent sorted your scan out.....I was given my app at my 10+4wk scan and its when I am 20+4wk so 12wks notice to me :growlmad:

Madcat I'm just not sure that's right. All the official stuff says if you reach your 25th week by 1st Jan then you will qualify. The 1st jan will put us two days into our 25th week, 24 weeks marking the end of the 24th week, so 24+1 is the first day of the 25th week and falling on 31st Dec is the last eligible day. Others on here have had confirmation from hmrc that the edd cut off is 21st April. All the other week deadlines run in the same way so I don't see why this should be any different.

I would request the form from your mw anyway. The government are probably purposely being cryptic about the edd (which would clarify everything) in the hope some women don't claim who are actually eligible saving a few more thousand quid. :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->