Mother of all conception months Graduates

This is the Oyster :) well known buggy retailers sell the seat unit, chasis and car seat for at least 500.00....this place is discounted already but then they discount further....350.00 is such a bargain and you can get the whole package inc seat unit, chasis, car seat, carry cot unit for 450.00ish from here as well when it would prob normally cost about 700.00....shock horror madcat I am even thinking of taking MIL on this buggy trip cause shes buying and I want her to see just how cheap this place is :)

https://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/Oys...k_Car_Seat_and_A_BUN-OCHBLA-14232/version.asp

:happydance: Converting you all to Britax! They should pay me commission! :rofl:

What's going on in 2nd tri? Not been in for a few days, too busy!

The full oyster shebang is 440.00 on here am going to compare elsewhere now will let you know the difference

https://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/Oys...ck_Car_Seat_Carr_BUN-OCHBLA-14237/version.asp

Wow thanks Madly that's a far better price than I've seen anywhere else and you're right the cosy toes on their own probably won't be too expensive.

What you were saying about parasols is another reason I like the britax pram. It's got a really big pull forward hood on the buggy and on the car seat to so little jellybean can always be shaded.

Nearly 600.00 elsewhere for the oyster package....me thinks 440.00 is a bargain!

Yes peanut we are all britax converts :)

Your welcome Gilz....As I say comparing the britax and oyster they are not much different except with the oyster you can colour code your hood and seat liner for a change if you fancy depends how much it matters....it doesnt really to me :dohh: They are very much like for like but I want to compare one against the other in flesh iykwim....wheels are particularly inportant to me and we will be walking lots with baby Charlie...school run there and back four times is at least a 20/30min walk so wheels will get a fair pasting! The oyster is only slightly more expensive by 20.00-30.00 for the sort of package I want and to be fair a cosy toes wont be so important for our late spring/early summer babes cause hopefully the warmer weather will set in so time to buy that later :)

GOODNESS I THINK I WILL AVOID 2ND TRI :(

I posted on a thread a few times generally having a whinge about all things pregnant...wasnt the op and wasnt the only one to moan however recieved what I now understand to be a sarcastic comment in reply to one of my posts...The lady who posted the sarcastic comment is having a rough day for reason I have just read about....now am no mind reader but is that any reason to be so rude :growlmad: honestly some people!

Someone getting narky over there with you madly?, tell you what, i noticed you gotta watch what you say sometimes!.
Youre amongst friends here though!:thumbup:, have a good moan to us instead, we dont care, we all do it!!.

Your taking MIL pram shopping??. well..WELL.. aparently ours is paying for the pram and cot.........Hmmm, can i just point out in the catalogue to her as to what we want and get a cheque written out??:haha::haha:
Hope she doesnt want extra child access in re-payment for this?.

:rofl: I know I shouldnt laugh but that is such a typical thing for a MIL to do :wacko: come to think of it I wonder if my MIL has this in mind.....mmmmmmmmmmmm me wonders :trouble: I may rethink this and ask for a cheque/cash instead!

Yeah....but then av noticed its sort of clicky sometimes as well and your posts get ignored but ummmmmmmmm certain little groups :sad1: I understand why this lady was upset but hey am no mind reader and I didnt see her thread *sigh* It was sort of like `my you do have it bad....maybe I should shut up` a bit nasty considering I had absolutely no idea of her sorrow!

oh dear better avoid it over there in 2nd tri, they sound a bit hostile. get enough of that crap at work. come on here to chill ...

I appreciate people may be going through bad things, but like Gilz said each persons suffering is individual and is still suffering whatever else is going on.

Gilz, the self injecting is very straightforward. Now the needle phobia is a different matter, and may be harder to deal with. They are teeny tiny needles though, and its to protect you and your :baby:

Thanks Loopy I just keep telling myself that.

As for the second tri forum this week it's been both sad and hostile. The sadness we could all do without, I'm not remotely suggesting these girls shouldn't post more that I/we should't read cos then I panic/stress etc.

The hostile threads I don't know if anyone has noticed but there seems to be the same few people making the sarcastic or bordering on nasty comments and then same few ladies trying to defuse things.

Think we are all far better off in here where we can moan til all our hearts are content without offending anyone and always getting support.

Spot on Gilz I noticed its the same Ladies making the hostile comments and the same Ladies trying to defuse the situations/topics of conversation :( Not great though still maybe a little bitchy on my part but they gotta go to 3rd tri at some point! I see the same posters and come away from the thread :( not something we should have to do but I agree this thread is our little home!

we're at home here girls:thumbup:,amongst friends!, i like it here!.

ive got my eye on two pairs of mat jeans on ebay btw,just thought id share that with you all. i currently wear my jeans with a hairband,and although they no longer squish my bump they now slip down round my arse instead!.:haha:

right, im off to watch sarah beenys restoration program, and rest my bum, it feels bruised for some reason!

I have just had a little :cry:

Maybe its the hormones (or not!) but I feel like I am the only one who wants :baby: Charlie as in DH doesnt seem to be overly keen on the whole subject :sad1: He barely takes note of anything I say baby/pregnancy related and once DS is settled in bed he puts on his series record of what I call his `man series` and well thats him for the night. So I sit on bnb or whatever to while away the evening. I have tried to spend time with him once DS has gone to bed and have even sat and watch said stuff with him but still :nope: I feel like I am invisible right now...I shouldnt be not be my expanding midriff :lol: The only time he was remotely interested in anything I said was to ask me about the buggy place we are going after our next scan so he could text his work mate the details as they are also expecting :( Now I know men are not renowned for intricate details, remembering stuff etc but last night when I asked him if he had arranged time off next Thursday for my ob gynae appointment he went all quiet and said `I think so!` I mean he could have lied and said `yes` to make me feel better at the very least but :nope: I was just showing him a video of a ladies 4d scan....amazing....and I commented on not been able to wait for ours....apparently now we cant even begin to try and afford to have a 4d scan :saywhat: I am upset as I intend to contribute all of my xmas cash to the fund which is around 70.00-85.00 so I will probably cover practically the whole cost myself...but :nope: no can do....This just kinda topped me over the edge and I got incredibly upset....It wasnt even just about the scan cause I know if I went to him after xmas and said I have the money so when do you want to book for he wouldnt say :nope: its just the build up of everything. I know I havent been very well :cry: and with the MS things havent been exactly enjoyable but talk about taking ANY joy I have away from me :sad1: I just told him exactly how I feel and that right now I feel like I am the only one whos sees a positive in anything in our live and I cant stick his `downer` attitude anymore....He was apologetic for making me feel like this and apologised for not exactly seeming keen where :baby: Charlie is concerned and promises to be more supportive and have a brighter outlook...he also said if HE can afford it he will pay for the scan for us....So now I feel a little better not least of all cause I told him exactly how I feel at last and now I hope he takes heed and acts upon what he promised....mainly the more supportive and brighter outlook!

:hugs: everyone. Try not to be offended by others even if they're mean! I've been where you are, I joined the forum in 1st tri and it was easier to make friends because it was smaller but I had plenty of those moments of feeling alternately ignored or picked on. It can be so affecting as well, especially when hormonal and worried. Nearly three years on I feel generally better about these things and have learnt what things not to read or how to respond or ignore or even occasionally never look back at a thread k was much involved in that was upsetting me. I found it tool a while to find my feet. My real friends on here are those I've shared threads with like this one. I'm so glad I started it. Last time my good mates were the December mummies but the April one's now are Manu and so cliquey that I never bother with the thread at all.

I think we can say just about anything in here! We've all got our fair share of pregnancy woes. It's a safe place to retreat to!

Madly I'm so sorry you're feeling so blue but you know what? I had the exact same feelings about DH already in this pregnancy and in the last too. He couldn't be a more interested dad so it must be me! I think we get so absorbed in the pregnancy, naturally so given the eternal presence, movements, symptoms, worries etc. But I think we get encased in it all and others seem disinterested in comparison. I bet anything your oh is super excited! It can just feel so lonely being pregnant.

On the pram thing my horrid mil bought our travel system last time, though she took as downpayment on grandparent time in the opposite way I think as she didn't visit til he was 3 months! I'm hoping DH and her heal the rift enough for her to get the britax double! :rofl: it's the only way we can afford it I think!

Thank you Peanut hon :hugs:

I feel a bit silly now :dohh: but I truly feel like this :wacko: hopefully it will pass and tbh I do feel a tad more sensitive about things....least of all the fact that I feel like am the only person who seems to want to discipline Oliver these days :( Hes turned into a right little monkey this last week or so...but DH even shocked me tonight by coming home and taking away his lego train set (his most prized possesion!) he ran off outside the school again this evening all the way down the street and around the corner totally out of my sight....well I was too ill to throw a hissy so I gave him a warning I would be telling daddy and let DH deal with him tonight....In the last few days my attempts at punishment have been ignored by both DH and MIL so last night me and DH had words and well he came through for once tonight! So far his punishments are no treats for a week, no dr who mag, I made DH delete his profile on the laptop so he cant go to legoworld or cbeebies anymore and now his lego has been taken away with a further threat more will be taken if he carries on being naughty. I think its cause I am preggo infact am convinced its because of that and I am struggling with the fine line of doing whats fair inline with him not feeling pushed out cause baby Charlie is on the way :dohh:

On a happier note...DH is feeding me cheese and crackers :lol: and I just won a Summer pre-natal doppler on ebay for 13.51 inc postage :) My hired one is due back next week :dohh:

Aw huge :hugs: Madly. Even if things are amplified emotionally cos you are pregnant you did the right thing. You told your DH how you feel and had a chat about it.

My OH isn't a super touchy feely emotional type man so if I don't talk to him when I feel emotional at stuff I honestly think he'd never notice and that's not cos he doesn't care he's just wired different to me I suppose.

Things are looking up now positive end to the day, you got a new doppler and crackers and cheese. Tomorrow will be a better day hon :hugs:

ON the oyster is come with both aprons and the cosy toes is actually hideous so would go with a nice matching fleecy one for £20.

Gilz on the self injesting if you are on clexaine they do a sort of intector thing no playing with needles yyou just fiddle with syringe grab a flabby bit if u have ane and click top its not to stressful i'v given loads as a student an i wasn't keen on doing it. the needle willl go back into the syringe so limited looking at it theneedles are also about 1cm long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->