Mother of all conception months Graduates

Thank you Ladies :hugs:

madcat I am worried about the possible bad snow fall although it snowed yesterday it wasnt thick enough to lay cause my work place is on a very steep hill....its nickname is the `castle on the hill` :dohh: and its a nightmare to walk both up and down the hill :( I am so very worried about slipping :nope: I got DH to buy me some of them shoe/boot grips from ebay hopefully they will arive today :thumbup: I am so scared about falling over esp since I am preggo this winter!

I have my niece here :) She started crying when my sister left bless her but half a bottle of milk later she is asleep in her buggy all snuggly in her blankets...bless!

OH no thats not good, hope the shoes help though!. it is worrying if you have to go for work.

I used to do parts deliveries for BMW 2 years ago,(a company that doesnt give a damn by the way), it was durring the winter we had all the ice, staff couldnt get accross the carpark there without going over, but they sent me out into the countryside&untreated roads, it scared me to hell and back.
I went to get out at one stop,ground was fine, stepped out with one foot and slid the entire way out of the van cracking my back on the door sill ending up on the side of a road. never felt pain like it. Back was a right state.
They couldnt give a damn though, i took a few weeks on the sick&then handed my notice in. Cant imagine havint that job now & being pregnant.

Oh oh oh my doppler just arrived!!

I'm off for a shot, fx'd i find the jellybeans wee heartbeat!!

I'm back and yay found the jellybeans heartbeat :happydance: :wohoo:

It's still really low down though, literally just above where my hairline would be if i didn't shave :blush:

I take it the wooshing sound mirroring my heartbeat is the placenta?

I counted the beats of the jellybean for 10 seconds and it was 20ish so thats 150-160 beats per minute.

Thank madcat :hugs: it is very worrying esp since once I leave work on a mon,wed and fri I have one hour exactly to travel by bus across to the other side of Leeds to collect Oliver from school :( I never have a prob getting to work cause DH drops me but tackling the hill very slowly in snow/ice getting a bus and getting to the school safely in one piece in an hour is slightly nerve-wracking :wacko: I am thinking that on the very bad weather days I am going to ask my boss if I can leave say 15min earlier so I can just that little bit of extra time to make sure I am safe :thumbup: considering its a risk to my safety and theres no other alternative I shouldnt think it will be too much of a prob other than that I wont be able to go into work and then that would cause probs where as I can always get in but need the extra time to get home iykwim!

Goodluck Gilz :)

Maybe I need to go a little slower with my angel doppler then cause I havent been able to find it yet :(

I think I will go have a play whilst my niece is still sleeping in her buggy :)

well done gilz, yeh the HB is VERY low isnt it, i usually find mine only marginally higher and im 19 weeks, there must be more room right down there than we imagine!!. theres a few wooshing sounds, one is the placenta, and one is our own pulse/artery, the quicker sounding one is the placenta(i think). when you have a little play around all the other quicker sounding movements will be your baby moving around (i always think it sounds like someone swiping a tennis racket thru the air).

Yes madly, maybe you are moving it too quickly?, sometimes i get a faint hb when i do find it, and i have to tilt the toppler one way or another to get a stronger sound.

Im not sure what you do, but you able to work from home when the weather is bad??

I was the same Madcat, the heartbeat was quite faint until i tilted the doppler and then i was suddenly really clear.

Based on how low the heartbeat was maybe explains why i still don't have a bump yet. Another odd thing i noticed, prior to being pregnant i've always had a really strong arterial stomach pulse, so much so that my surgeon said it was the strongest one he'd ever seen!

Today before i used the doppler i could see it but the whole top of my belly was twitching instead of just the little patch that usually does. I think pregnancy has slackened everything so there is more to jiggle :rofl:

No chance of working from home hon :( am a cook :dohh: However if the weather is bad work will have to be understanding....like I say its either that or I dont go in and if I do that it will mean a strain of the rest of the staff when some may not even make it in themselves so its better I do come in and shut a little ealier to be safe :thumbup:

So I went to listen on the doppler and it doesnt seem to matter how slow I move it the only thing I can hear is Charlie moving and kicking...I know its him cause I feel the movement iykwim I put loads and loads of gel on too....now I know the nurse found it about an inch to the right of my belly button yesterday but even she struggled to locate and was ramming the thing into my tummy at an angle to even pick up so this could be why? however I cant even hear my placenta which has always been across my pubic area under my muffin top :lol: unless thats moved now too :shrug: I cant hear any other sounds other than the thud thud thud of Charlie kicking and moving no whoosh whoosh or anything...I dont understand?

Hiyas all! I got new anti-sickness tablets from the doctor yesterday. Helped a bit yesterday and I managed some cereal today so we'll see how it goes. I took another one this morning and I'm going to take one right before I start work. My stomach is still very tender :-(

Great news about the pills ozzie hon :hugs: I hope they work better :thumbup:

I hope so too. I can't take this throwing up shit anymore :-( I called in sick to work yesterday so I think I'm going to try and go in today.

I can sympathise its only since about 16wks that I have started to feel better although I had the bugs and UTI :dohh: Now that its all on the mend I feel the best I have ever felt although gosh knows how long that will last :wacko: am back to work Monday which am half looking forward too and half dreading :( Well only 18wks to go today until I make Mat Leave and Christmas will be here and gone before we know it so from January its countdown for me :thumbup: I love my job usually but I love my baby even more :)

Yeah.....I'm just working now for money. I don't really enjoy my job, but it's something. Everyone there is really nice though so that's a plus. My GP actually suggested signing myself off for a week or so though.....I guess I'm just too stubborn to do it.

Thats me hon now....working for money :thumbup: work just sent me two letters that have really raged me and upset me at the same time :sad1: I posted a thread in 2nd tri so I wont re-type but I think I will look for sometime else when its time to return after having babe :(

Hi ladies,wow gilz,thats great news you're getting a scan before xmas!!I'm just a tiny bit jealous:haha:
Can't wait to hear what everyones having,madcat are you 1st?then peanut then madly?
Was onto the 4d place here to see if they open xmas wk,they're gonna call back when they know.If they are open we'll book it for a couple days after xmas,if not hopefully the 1st saturday in january.Seems like forever away!

Well my lo gave me my 1st proper punch last night,and funny that it was when I was having a bit of a rant at dh!!It was if he/she was telling me to shut up!!
Also in bed last night,I was lying on my back for a while and I could feel a big hard lump stticking out of the right side of my belly,it was gone this morning!So finally feeling like there's interesting stuff going on in there!!

Hope all you not well ladies are feeling better soon.x

Oh Vbaby that's great that your little one really moved last night, maybe it was wriggling in agreement not telling you to be quiet :haha:

Hopefully the scan place will be open between christmas and new year so you can get your scan sooner!

OOOOH can't wait!!!
Will be really interesting to hear what we're all having!
6th dec is only 10 days away!!!so exciting.
I just can't wait to buy a few bits and pieces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->