Mother of all conception months Graduates

Thanks Peanut :hugs:

Well I went to browse direct gov and look what I found :winkwink:

Discrimination and pregnancy
It is unlawful sex discrimination for employers to treat women less favourably because of their pregnancy or because they take maternity leave. For example, this includes:

•trying to cut your hours without your permission
•suddenly giving you poor staff reports
•giving you unsuitable work
•making you redundant because of your pregnancy (you might still be made redundant for other reasons)
•treating days off sick due to pregnancy as a disciplinary issue
Your employer can't change your employment terms and conditions while you are pregnant without your agreement. If they do, they will be in breach of contract.

I was particularly interested in the last sentence about changing terms and conditions whilst pregnant :thumbup: I believe this is what they have done without informing me this was the condition at the start of asking me to change my working days :growlmad: and are therefore in breach of contract :( We were all verbally told we were guaranteed contracts for three years and apparently verbally is as binding as written according to the direct.gov website :thumbup: I have a starter point along with the fact I have still had no risk assessment and will go from there :wacko: I feel loads better now thank you Ladies again :kiss:

Glad you feel better. Yep they have definitely broken a verbal contract. The union will sort it out for you. I joined a union after having a dispute about a change to time off in lieu policy that happened whilst I was leave (also illegal). They claimed it had no effect on my work except that the year before I received 18 days off work TOIL and in the first 6 months back I'd been awarded only 2 days despite working jsut as many evenings. It's sorted now but it was the most stressful, especially as I didn't even want to be at work and just wanted to be at home with my boy. I found it utterly unreasonable that I wasn't allowed ot claim my time back at a time I'd be able to see my family. It was indirect discrimination in my opinion as I am the only staff member with dependents.

Am just glad I have a starter for Monday and if things arent sorted its the union from there onwards :thumbup: Its appalling regardless of my maternity leave plans etc like you say and I would have never excepted the change of working days if this had been stipulated :nope: We will see what Monday brings!

Glad you got the info needed to back you up Madly :thumbup:

I used my Doppler again last night so OH could hear. This time I used baby oil and it was much clearer than the ultrasound gel. Do you have oil you could try Madly, to see if you can hear Charlie or have you already done that and I've forgotten :dohh:

Oh also it intrigues me that you, Peanut and I all work in the charity sector and we've all had problems with improper contract changes.

My problem was that the policy was interpreted differently by a new manager, had no problems before she started. Now my next new manager is different, sorting out my toil is the only things she's good at.

Man do I feel sick this morning.

Morning All

sorry to hear youre feeling so iccky again this morning peanut.
Madly shame you got this issue hanging over you with work now, i think it stinks!!.

Flippin nora, i had jaffa cakes before i went to bed last night, now i know why people eat them before a sexing scan. i was lying in bed for ages with all sorts of popping and twiching going on inside me for quite some time!.

Had some more strange dreams, i met up with jonathan ross, we were talking and larking about for ages!, got on really well!. And then i bumped into jennifer Aniston who told me "keep this to yourself, but im pregnant!".:shrug:

*sniff sniff* I'm the last one to get a 12 week scan, aren't I? :-( But it's just THREE days away!

Morning Ladies :wave:

Thank you for all your support again :kiss: dont know what I would do without you Ladies I honestly dont :)

I feel better this morning although if anything pissed that they have done this :growlmad: I will tackle it Monday now and am pleased at the info I found cause I feel like I have a good starting point.....My boss replied to me last night when I asked him to spare some time to chat with me next week (I didnt ask that it be monday as he usually doesnt work Monday, nor did I say what it was about!) but he replied saying we will meet on Monday aft to `sort things out` He obviously thinks theres summat to `sort out` then :trouble: for all he knows I might just want to see him about summat and nowt ie holidays or whatever :growlmad:

Gilz hon I used baby oil for first time last night but still nothing other than thumps when Charlie moves and kicks :dohh: no whoosh whoosh of placenta and def no h/b....someone suggested on an angel doppler thread in 2nd tri that the earphones are pants and to switch them so we are going to do this :shrug: just thinks its mental :lol: Am not worried cause the little monkey is always on the move....maybe is cause of all my extra layers of tummy chub :rofl:

:wohoo: ozzie not long until you see your LO now :)

:( sorry your feeling pants again today Peanut hon :hugs:

Hey madcat remember to nibble on some jaffa cakes before your 20wk scan thats bound to get babe on the move and in a good potty flash position :rofl:

Yes!!, thing is, do i go for a little drink of coke, jaffa cakes, or both??, LOL! the sonographer might be annoyed if i go for both!!!!.

strange that you cant pick up the HB on the doppler, i really dont know, my headphones are fine by the way. But you can hear all the movement, thats what i enjoy the most. I actually felt another kick from the outside this morning when i was using mine.

mmmmmmm its an odd one madcat I agree :shrug: I am happy to hear the movements too though just odd why I cant hear h/b or any other sounds :dohh:

do you think its possible baby has moved into a different position where you cant pick up the HB?, just coincidence that it has happened inbetween the use of the two dopplers?, because i think if it was the doppler you wouldnt be picking up the movement either (?)

can you pick up your own HB??

Ahhhhhh sorry I need a rant. I have the worlds most useless mother.
We are going to see family up north next weekend snow permiting and i got very exact details on what presents to get after dippy cousin forfot we were coming up arranged with MY MOTHER to go shopping this weekend low and behold shes gone today and got WHsmith vouchers for under 10's andthornotons choccys from thorntons both things I said don't do as we are all on a budget!!!! we were meant to have combined gifts this is not the first time she has ignored me. Sounds bossy but my mum has braindamage and the mental age of around 13 so can be a walking disaster. I know her presentsa are usuall crap from personal experience so wanted them to be nice for the sake of these kids nothing worse than opening something rubbish on christmas day.
I know it's the thought that counts but she can be very selfish and only buy what she would have liked then. Grrrrrrr I balled at her on the phone and she is getting refunds on the vouchers she's rapidly back tracking now.

Yeah I suppose it could be hon....on wednesday before I sent the other doppler back I used it and babe was low down just to the left :thumbup: used angel sounds whilst still laid there and couldnt pick it up :shrug: Then on thursday at antenatal Nurse spent best part of 5mins trying to locate him :wacko: I told her where he was on wednesday and she eventually found him about one inch to the right of my belly button so def a HUGE movement :lol: he been kicking there and low down (as previously!) ever since so I think hes sort of laid sidewards down from right of belly button to left near hairline iykwim...it was mentioned to me that if babe has his back to mine you cant pick up h/b and it can only generally be picked up if babe has his back to your tummy so it could just be this also but I cant hear placenta or even my own h/b which is like the most oddiest thing ever :wacko: I guess am just an awkward one :loopy:

I have also been getting rib poke/prods on my right side so am thinking babe is totally not down :blush: anymore :dohh:

we picked up our very 1st nursery item today.

&god it was cold out!

Attachments

• 001resize.jpg
    001resize.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2
Yeah I suppose it could be hon....on wednesday before I sent the other doppler back I used it and babe was low down just to the left :thumbup: used angel sounds whilst still laid there and couldnt pick it up :shrug: Then on thursday at antenatal Nurse spent best part of 5mins trying to locate him :wacko: I told her where he was on wednesday and she eventually found him about one inch to the right of my belly button so def a HUGE movement :lol: he been kicking there and low down (as previously!) ever since so I think hes sort of laid sidewards down from right of belly button to left near hairline iykwim...it was mentioned to me that if babe has his back to mine you cant pick up h/b and it can only generally be picked up if babe has his back to your tummy so it could just be this also but I cant hear placenta or even my own h/b which is like the most oddiest thing ever :wacko: I guess am just an awkward one :loopy:

I have also been getting rib poke/prods on my right side so am thinking babe is totally not down :blush: anymore :dohh:

im trying to work out how mine is laying. the heart beat is still so very low, just off the pubic hair line, its only marginally higher than it was at 15 weeks!

Aw madly sorry that your mum is causing you some hassle :hugs:

I have been using my iPhone head phones with my Doppler so don't know what the standard headphones are like really.

Pram shopping today was a success. Bizarrely we've picked a pram neither of us had even looked at. It's the Mothercare my3. It feels sturdier than the Britax and much nicer than the Phil and Teds. Also the thing I really like is the buggy part is a proper pram carrycot. Once the baby is older you just clip up the sides and it becomes the buggy. Also faces both ways so I'm quite impressed.

Obviously not going to buy it for a while but it was nice looking at prams and spending some baby related time with my OH :thumbup:

Madcat lovely chair!! It is freezing outside we had snow over night. Already nearly fallen over loads so much so my OH has called me Bambi all day!

Love the rocking chair madcat hon :)

Well I experimented a bit and put the doppler on my own heart and got a perfectly clear sound :) so I was searching real slow for babe and I think I found him right where he was on Thursday when the Nurse found him however it wasnt very very clear just distant so I think its how hes laid :) I was sort of tilting the doppler into my stomach like the Nurse did only not as hard as she did :growlmad: cause she bloody damn well hurt and thats exactly where he is cause he kept booting the doppler :lol: Still no def placenta woosh woosh but then I suppose if hes moved so may have my placenta :thumbup: Hes not very far down from my right rib cause its sort of hard ish in that area so I just know its him prodding/poking or kicking my right rib :wacko:

That's great you found Charlie Madly! He/she is certainly on the move.

Great you heard the hb madly. Hooray for lovely rocking chairs and prams! Sorry you're having a struggle Molly.

Byron and I had a really good sleep this afternoon but I'm tired again already! DH will be home from work shortly. We've got to do more jobs tonight to get things ready. Think I can blow up balloons without breaking my membranes?

I've been sneezing all day. :wacko: Baby is going nuts right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->