Mother of all conception months Graduates

AWWWW YAY dare so pleased to have you :D congratulations hun xx

Peanut back to hypnobirthing thing - there was actually a story in my local paper written by a woman who had a traumatic 1st birth and was terrified of the 2nd birth after getting pregnant and couldnt believe how much it changed her and how great and different the birth was.... perhaps it could really help you?! anything's worth a try!!!

HI bids!

Peanut, forgive me but since i scare easy, i can't read the story!!! I haven't had a first yet, and the last thing i need is to stress NOW. I'm only 4 weeks for crying out loud.

But i am sorry for whatever it is you went through anyway. :hugs:

I'm glad you won't read it gilz! I don't want to read it again either! Please don't Ntone read it who's a first timer. I'll have my lovely birth this time and share it with you all so you can do it too! :D

I'm tough i expect nothing to be easyso read it. Was so much worse as you had that nice home birth planned. that let down feeling really hurts. HAHA me and my plans again. Pessimist in me always expects the worse

Molly I'm really starting to turn the sense of failure into anger and accept it wasn't MY failure. I'd love you girls to be able to read it and then read a wonderful story for this one and see the difference confidence and knowledge can make.

you didn't fail and neither did the hospital it just didn't go right. Epidurals and your spine are so delicate it can easily go wrong. your better equoped so will def be better this time. hugs.

goodness peanut ,just read your birth story. All i can hope for is a better experience than yours, god help me otherwise!

i refuse to have the epidural done- i've known terrible things to happen with it!

epidural is sumiti def have to look in the fear of having my legs not work is huge

The hospital did fail. They brought ms in unnecessarily; the second mw at home was basically negligent increasing the chance of infection by performing an unrecommnded internal after not reading the notes properly; the minute I started to progress they told me to push despite my stating I didn't know how - I was 3cm; then they lay me down and gave me pethidine - both actions slow labour; then they offered me an epi I'd already stated I didn't want which again slowed everything down and took away my ability to push resulting in the assisted delivery. Everything was avoidable. My mum, who was there tip the epi and is pretty cynical of natural birthing to a certain extent, considers both the last mw at home and first in hospital to have been negligent.

Both me and the baby were normal and healthy, he was in the right position and suffered no distress throughout. There was no infection; no cord round the neck; no complications at all except I didn't labour as fast as the hospital wanted me to. I struggled with bf because of the drugs - he wouldn't feed for a couple of days - and I couldn't have sex for 8 months.

The moral of my story is that it shouldn't have to be like this when there are no complications and I now believe that with sufficient confidence and knowledge it won't be like this for most women because most women and their pregnancies are also normal.

Madcat - I'd far rather my story showed you how not to do it that made you afraid! The last thing I want to do is frighten any of you. :hugs:

I`m with Peanutbean here Ladies :hugs:

We will both get a better birth/delivery this time through determination and refusal of anything we dont want/agree with :thumbup:

I cant recommend enough that you Ladies get your OH on board with your plans :thumbup: Both me and DH had no clue with Oliver and we now realise where things could have been avoided...this time we will be united in our decisions :thumbup: It isnt always easy to get your point across whilst labouring and I felt very ignored whilst delivering Oliver....DH went along with what was advised cause he believed they knew what they were doing....maybe they did but not for the best....this time he will stand by me to the very end!

I'm not sure what I want yet and what I will get. I know I want hospital this house is to small and I won't get the pain relief I'll prob rely on. But am teaching matt what medication I can't have and what won't work for me. I hate being out of control so much I'v woken up screaming from surgery because they didn't tell me the anesthetic was going in.

I know staff go off of experience but seen as everyone is different can make what is good for one person a disasterof another

im not sure either as to what i should be stating, apart from, i know id like an epidural, but i do not want pethidene or G&A- as im more worried about these making me sick than i am giving birth!

Well, just been to the emergency room with pains in my chest. FINALLY! There was a doctor who understood and was able to give me a firm diagnosis as to the pain I've been going through! Heartburn! How utterly simple! And it took a fucking ER visit to get it! I KNEW something was up! I just knew it! He was able to explain about how when you get pregnant, everything moves up for a bit before it moves out (dur) so you start to breathe differently which, if you've never had it before, puts strain on your ribs which triggers your nerves and causes radiating pain! Been given some medication that should help and I'm so thankful that the cause has been discovered!

Spoke with OH today as well. I just don't have the heart to work because I feel like I keep letting people down. He said he was waiting for me to say that and it was ok just to stay home and keep the house and he would put in for all the benefits and such. We'll be ok through Christmas, but it's going to be tight after that. We'll manage, like always! :hugs:

Madcat have you mentioned your emetaphobia to your mw? I recall others on here getting anti-emetics during labour. I was sick twice. Either the epidural or pethidine comes with an antiemetic. Pethidine I think. My two lots were between the pethidine and epi and after the epi - that one was a barrel of laughs. Really easy to vomit through contractions when you're essentially paralysed from the waist down, not!

When considering pain relief I would say 1) don't assume you will need any and 2) make sure you're really well aware of the risks of each not just for you or the baby but also the effect on labour itself. When it comes down to it you don't know how you labour will go, how you'll manage nor whether or not there will be complications. But most labours are normal it makes sense to work on that basis and upgrade pain relief and interventions depending on hypothetical circumstances. I agree with madly about making sure your oh (or anyone else present at your birth) is totally aware of your wishes. It's hard to exert your own authority during labour, you may get any old mw and I'm pretty sure not one of mine looked at my birth plan once I was in hospital.

i have told the MW, but she didnt say anything about it, so i dont think it was taken seriously, Do i need her to write it down in a b irth plan or something about the emetophobia?, or just tell staff when im in labour, or both probably i guess!!.

Well, just been to the emergency room with pains in my chest. FINALLY! There was a doctor who understood and was able to give me a firm diagnosis as to the pain I've been going through! Heartburn! How utterly simple! And it took a fucking ER visit to get it! I KNEW something was up! I just knew it! He was able to explain about how when you get pregnant, everything moves up for a bit before it moves out (dur) so you start to breathe differently which, if you've never had it before, puts strain on your ribs which triggers your nerves and causes radiating pain! Been given some medication that should help and I'm so thankful that the cause has been discovered!

Spoke with OH today as well. I just don't have the heart to work because I feel like I keep letting people down. He said he was waiting for me to say that and it was ok just to stay home and keep the house and he would put in for all the benefits and such. We'll be ok through Christmas, but it's going to be tight after that. We'll manage, like always! :hugs:

thats good news hun. sounds like our plan as you know im not working. Yes we have to be careful with money, but we're ok, just dont go on big spending sprees!

i know i don't want an epidural, and i know i want a natural childbirth. I've heard so many horrible things- that i just want to do it naturally.

My poor sil had been induced- the dr told her she had no choice. Then her water broke and he told her they had to rush her for a c - section because her water broke? She had no idea what was going on because she was so drugged up, but it sounds real fishy to me. I know when they induced her the dr acted like it still wasn't happening fast enough for him.

Afternoon ladies- quick question, does anyone know if it's safe to eat spicy foods? I read online it's fine, but was wondering about anyone with experience.... what have you heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->