Mother of all conception months Graduates

As far as I'm aware you can eat what you like other than soft cheeses, under cooked meats and under cooked eggs.

thats what it sounded like! Already limiting my caffeine- but had started doing that a while back. Belly is a little unsettled recently. i'll be really hungry and then NOT when i actually start eating. So far, the chili tastes the very best- and i was too afraid to eat it!

Spice is fine unless your a freak like me I cannot have anything spicy and freshas I have a raw chillie allergy major pain when you live with a chillie freak. Make sure everything is at least pasterurised and cooked. Shell fish is ok but in frequently and just think where it comes from anything british for example will have eatten raw sewage because it is still pumped into the sea and shell fish like poop. Peanuts are also now allowed

Peanutbean my birth plan was ignored.....tossed to one side like a bit of trash :( I was so drugged up by the end I felt out of control :sad1: I was practically forced to have an epidural even though I had laboured full dilated and pushed for one hour :wacko: Oliver was back to back iykwim and they wanted him to turn hence giving me the epidural and then bloody well leaving me nearly all day :growlmad: Oliver h/b went crazy and thats why I was rushed to theatre....I only realised the fact about Olivers h/b mmmmmmmmm about a year ago cause we watched that programme where amanda holden trained to deliver a baby and I realised if your babys h/b goes off the radar they make you lay you on your side cause laying you on your back can have some terrible effect :shrug: sorry cant remember exactly but this is what they did to me to take me to theatre I was practically pinned by this male nurse onto my left side :cry: DH was told by the MW not to tell me what was happening....he was crying in the toliet attached to my delivery suite :sad1: This will not happen again....I can highly recommend a tens machine ladies :) it great to get those natural endorphines working (?sp) and as I say I got to fully dilated and pushed for an hour with just this and the odd puff on gas and air....I am considering hired one this time too :thumbup:

did you find tens machine good for pain relief madly?, i wasnt sure how much help one of those would be???

I'm the same Madat my boss keeps going on about a tens machine helping but she ended up with a section both times anyway.

i know the recovery time is longer, and it is major surgery, but rightly or wrongly there are many a time i catch myself thinking how tempted id be to go for a c-section if we could choose, no waiting around, no ifs and buts, you know what your doing, know what your getting,know when,no birth plan to be ignored and only one way out!

i'll have to ask my midwife i guess, its probably the only other form of painf relief id consider if it was available

hey dare - if your really interested in natural you should take a look at hypno birthing thats what im going to do have a watch of some on youtube it looks really amazing to be honest, its a round a £100 by me for the course and from what ive read/seen and heard its definitely something im doing - i cant have epidural where im going and nor do i want one either!!!

you can use tens they actually hire them for labour dare helps with contractions i think :)

oh molly that must be well annoying with the chilli side of things especially if oh loves them like mine - just brought some awesome stuff from the good food show :D hopefully doing the clothes show next weekend as well!!!

ahh this is sooo awkward working in health care. i know everyone has plans but sometimes their not practical or suitable for the situation.

Staff will do their best it just might not be good enough or up to standard.

Ahh i should shut up

Yeah Ladies there are special tens machines to be used in labour you can hired them from places like tesco or mothercare :thumbup:

I would highly recommend one because labour can start off really slowly (mine was mon-fri) and although paracetamol often deals with any niggles well enough it boosts your natural pain threshold :) I hardly felt a thing with it on only the pulses from the machine and walked around asda at about 6-7cm diluated :lol: I was so desparate for a salad :rofl: I was more or less fully dilated and still walking around normally :thumbup:

That has to be a good thing Madly. I might look into one if I don't get hit with having to have a section.

thats the thing molly we just need to be open to ideas - im not saying i WONT have an epidural - i'd love to have a natural birth but we'll see how it goes im pretty laid back so i'll take it as it comes.... although it will mean me getting transferred to the other hosiptal if i do need an epi or c-sec

i really believe labour is like giving up smoking - we're brainwashed to believe its hard to give up when in reality it is you just stop doing it, so i reckon we're brainwashed into labour being painful... do animals have drugs?! my breed of dog gives birth to anything from 8-15 puppies WTF lol obviously this is just my opinion!!

Relaxed is the way forward - easier said than done but hope i can stick to it haha

thanks madly i was thinking of a tens as well :)

Ladies I was (mmmmmm maybe still am a little :lol:) `the` worst wimp when it comes to pain :rofl: However I went into labour with a lots of PMA....I can do this, my baby needs to come out somehow if I am going to meet him or her, it will be over soon, I can get through this....................

It worked :thumbup:

I cant wait for labour this time and for me pregnancy is by far the worser of the two even though my labour with Oliver was the bomb :sad1: I think get through pregnancy and the labour/delivery is a doddle!

good madly thats just what i want to hear :D pretty much everyone i know has had a terrible time, im going to break the change haha (well i really hope)...

life is all about PMA to be fair!! its easy to get out of bed every morning and moan like a b*tch - its alot harder to leap out of bed when its p*ssing down with rain and your knackered and say oh wow what will today bring lol (by the way i've never leapt out of bed and i dont think i ever will)

lol labour is the one bit I can handle, (our lab required a little assistance having pups BTW) I know whats coming one of 2 thing baby is coming out the old vag and will prob hurt like hell to start with, until any tears are fixed or will come out my tummy via c section which will be a pain for 6 weeks after when I could drive again infections allowing.

If I can go with out pain killers I will I am rubbish at taking them on time usually. KNowing it will hurt means I am prepared the rest of pregnancy is a nightmare as it is all unknown.

Still not told work about gtt on tuesday or wednesday when I have 2 appointments in the middleof my shift whoops

oh Gritter just went past please let it snow!!!

I hope I'm not making you feel uncomfortable Molly. :hugs:

:hugs: Madly. The more I hear the angrier I'm getting.

For those interested in natural birthing or generally exploring the myth of childbirth being a medical condition (no apology for the blatant bias!) check out the natural birthing forum to see what others are saying/doing. There's no need to make some final decision, we have to remain flexible as one-off things can and do happen, but it's so important to learn about the options.

I really would recommend the book I read to give a different perspective, Sheila Stubbs, birthing the easy way, I think it's called. I spent months so afraid about the prospect of birth again that I was also 50/50 over wanting an elective section. But I contemplated my experience long and hard and realised it shouldn't have been that way. Shit happens and it's great we have modern medicine to help but that doesn't mean that medical intervention is the best thing for normal healthy births. The most important thing the book has made me realise, and I'm an idiot for not thinking it before, is that everyone you talk to has their own experience that biases their outlook and advice. Me too of course. But by weighing up the bias and the advice it's easier to decide how to take that advice.

Anyway! We've had a brilliant party in the end with only one lot of people not coming. Byron was the best! His face when we lit the candles and turned out the lights was utterly adorable and then when everyone sang he looked like he felt so very special. :cloud9: He totally understood it was his special day. He was also adorable with Aden (my 3 week old nephew) which filled me with hope. I wish I was asleep 3 hours ago but didn't eat or drink all the party so need to try and sort myself out a bit before bed. I ache like nothing on earth but it was an ace day.

thanks for that peanut i might have a look into that book sounds just like something for me!!!

awww how sweet - bless byron, glad he had a good time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->