Mother of all conception months Graduates

Shay enjoying the snow last night!!
https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m522/levina1/004.jpghttps://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m522/levina1/003.jpg

Oran lasted about 2 minutes out in it!He's like me,I don't do being cold!
Luckily dh was on for playing out in it with shay!

Awww Vbaby Shay is such a cutie pie!!

As for the snow carry on, i hate it, there will be no sucking it up. It took me 3 hours to drive 30 miles to my work this morning the roads are so bad. The journey usually takes 30 minutes. I won't be doing it again that's for sure.

It's not safe and i wouldn't have done it even if i wasn't pregnant. So gutted my OH is down in England-shire with the jeep cos if we get much more snow i'll be like you Vbaby and won't be able to get out.

awww wicked pics vbaby - i do love the snow just dont like it like gilz if i have to drive to work etc the roads are ok here at the moment but when it snows bad and freezes driving is sooo dangerous!! i get my boss to bring me in when its really bad lol let him smash his car up haha

Gilz thats a crap journey in the snow - OH is best being down here we've only had a light coating nothing like you vbaby youve had loads from the look of the pics!! spose youve got a fair bit too gilz havent you!!

Thanks vbaby! It never gets old hearing more experienced birthers tell me stories like that! :D The more often I hear it the better and more confident I feel.

Poor Ozzie :( But yes at least you're not in labour!

Well as you see I'm back. Roads were fine to Sheffield but my washers were frozen the whole way. I was pretty anxious I'd just run out but when I got back int he car after the meeting and found a half empty bottle of water in the car still frozen through I felt less surprised and then they started working again. We have a bit event in Newcastle on Thursday night. The chances of it being postponed are looking pretty high now and I think that unless there is a real change I'd better not go anyway and risk getting stranded.

I hate snow. I'd like it if I lived in a mansion with roaring fires (and modern heating) and a library and servents and great pastures and beautiful scenery to look out and could spend all day looking at it. But being in it I hate! I hate snowball fights. I hate the way kids behave on the streets. I hate driving in it. I hate that I ALWAYS fall over (I have the worst balance anyway). I hate that the news obsesses about it and there are never enough gritters - our roads were sheet ice for weeks last winter, the gritters and ploughs never came near us. Fortunately we've only a sprinkling and some hard frost but the roads are ok here. Bids are you near me?

Peanut, this is the sort of place you need in the snow, with your roaring fires to look out upon and admire

Attachments

• before_march.jpg
    before_march.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3
Oh I love snow if I don't need to do anything in it. We've got about 7" worth of snow so not masses like last year but it's supposed to bad again overnight.

If it does snow more I'm just going to work from home.

Lol what would we do if we lived somewhere snowy all the time!

I had a panick over this one as my OH might be getting a job near Scotland,i know Scotland doesnt always have snow but whenever i have been there its always bad weather!

I have braved the snow wasn't too bad but im glad im back!

Best go my son Caden wants to paint lol xx

Evening Ladies :wave:

Welcoms Tas1 :hugs:

Thank you vbaby for your reassurance that quick intervention free delivery is very possible...I am very keen that this be the case for me this time around and will be doing everything possible to ensure it stays that way :thumbup: Your Little Man is so cute out in the snow...your like me though would rather be indoors :lol:

Glad you got there and back in one piece Peanutbean

So Leeds today well...........snowed some more this morning just as I left for work and then again a few times during day (or so I was told didnt really see out doors was in my little kitchen until home time :lol:) The Journey home wasnt too bad :thumbup: I normally get too buses but walked half of the way so only had to get the direct bus home :) Was great walking in the snow and I can highly recommend those snow/ice shoes grippers DH bought me from ebay :thumbup: I def wont be falling over whilst am wearing them....it felt great to be walking at my normal pace with no fear on ending up on my arse :lol: So I am home now...Oliver is having tea at MILs and both him and DH will be home about 6pm :)

Hey Peanutbean you will be glad to hear I had my RISK ASSESSMENT today :wohoo: I had that meet with my boss and it went really well :thumbup: silly me getting all worked up about it and it turned out just fine....I told him my concerns and how upset I was about the letters anyway its all sorted out now thankfully :) We have established a few risk pointers and put plans into place to make sure I can do my job for as long as possible and that whilst I am I am recieving the right support from my colleagues/the team etc :thumbup: We are apparently going to review this every month and amend/adapt as needs be :) The main plan being my boss wants me to do my job for as long as I can and of course so do I so he has told me hes pretty much relying on me to communicate with him how I am feeling....bless him he said `I dont know what its like being pregnant so I need you to tell me!` :dohh: I spoke to him about travel mainly from work as DH drops me in by car (this was an identified risk factor anyway esp considering the snow bad weather!) and I suggested me leaving 15mins early to allow me safe time in my journey across town to collect Oliver in time....this seemed to be a welcome idea and we have also worked out safer routes for me to move across works site whilst the ground is dangerous outside..........I am so happy.......I just hope everything goes to plan and I am able to continue to do my job :thumbup:

So all in all ladies a very good day :)

Glad you got everything sorted Madly :happydance:

Tas we don't always get bad snow here in Scotland I think it's more the transport agency just don't know how to cope with it.

Thank you Gilz hon :hugs: I feel so much better now :thumbup:

I also told my boss about the comments I had been recieving from my colleagues and that in several of their opinions I wouldnt be able to manage to do my job properly for much longer either :growlmad: I am a cook so I am on my feet for most of my shift and its not easy work but so many of my colleagues have made comments like `or you wont make it past xmas` or `you`ll not manage to do this more much longer!` :trouble: Thing is I was perfectly fine until my bout of illness and am in no way making the rest of the team carry me :nope: He has told me to ignore them and I am to only worry when he comes to me and says am not pulling my weight or he thinks we need to rethink things :thumbup: He says hes perfectly happy and sees me as perfectly capable....I agree people always say pregnancys not an illness so why treat me as if it is :gun: Honestly it really winds me up arggggggggggggggggh rant over!

Lol Madly glad you sorted it out.
Welcome Tas.
I would love snow.
I think I am struggling a bit at the moment mentally rather than physically. My brain just isn't working properly andfeel like I am sucking at my job, I am following instructions and mainly staying in the office but it's a real struggle. Thankfull hip has eased a bit or I have acclimatised to it. I think I am working on an ear infection though lol.
Well my dads in a better mood so will pop over later so my mum can try her xmas prezzies.
Tree goes up next tuesday so will look nice.
Is any one elses pets glued to them. Molly is always laid right up cl;ose sheused to prefer her own space

our tree goes up either this sat or sunday, if youre on about pets being glued to trees(?) then yes, we have this problem every year, our cats try to climb ours, it has come a cropper more than a few times, bringing the whole damned thing over, i do get cross when they do that!. we're getting a new tree though this wednesday, a bigger one, our old one looks a bit small in our new house. I cant wait to get the decs up.

hoping this week goes fast, hoping the xmas decs will speed up part of the weekend so that monday gets here soonish, waiting for this scan is killing me, im so hoping everything is ok with all the checks they do, and of course hoping to find out the sex. Ive no patience whatsoever!:dohh:

I'm sure everything will be perfect on Monday Madcat. I'm putting my tree up on Saturday no idea how the dog will react we've never had a tree before. I think he might be slightly afraid of it as he doesn't like strange shapes, but then I'm pretty sure he won't even be interested after that.

Sorry you're feeling rotten Molly. I can relate. I feel useless at work when I'm pregnant. My brain is a bit more here this time that when I was pregnant with Byron. Maybe we regrow new connections or something?

We thought we'd try and get Christmas decs up last night but were far to shattered after Byron's party. Don't know what we were thinking! Will probably get it up over the weekend but my MIL is coming on Saturday! :shock: so not sure how that will pan out!

I meant that pets being glued to you not the tree. Molly ignored choccy decorations last year. weird dog.
Jeez she is giving me the terrier glare after her dinner i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->