Mother of all conception months Graduates

We don't have any real help available but matt is changing his hours to have 5 days in a row every fortnight off. I have no idea what we will do as matt can earn 23k on his own we have areal good life style really but i work shifts so a pain for a nursery hence them being more exspensive but the do cover 10 -12 hours a day if needed

Mmm, if the worst comes to the worst i think id look into evening or weekend work first if me doing part time is an option, at least then i can still bring up our child durring the week.
Dh gets paid really well at the moment, hes worked for the family company since school and has aquired a wages of £30k now, but if the company dont get a new contract next november the whole lot could go down, then if DH is able to find a new job that pays £15k it will be a miracle. So things are good now, but they may or may not always be this way. :-(

Hate not knowing. Hate not wanting to be at work at the moment it really affests how i do my job grrr

:( Ladies its terrible :sad1:

Our plan currently is I will return 3-4 days a week (I now work 4)...ideally 4 days but we may only have childcare cover for 3 days and unless we can get good childcare for the other remaining day which doesnt more or less equal my daily pay it will be 3 days. Two days of my working week will include Saturday and Sunday and DH is planning on doing his working hours over a 4 days week to take a weekday off and that will be the weekday I work iykwim So DH will have babe 3 days and I will have babe possibly 3-4 days :thumbup: I dont want to put babe in childcare in order to go to work if once we have paid for childcare my pay doesnt come out much more after deductions and everything I just dont deem it worth it however me losing one days pays a week is in technical terms a week wage to what I work now so we will have to balance the books so to speak....It will be mega hard but we will manage somehow :thumbup:

madcat as for MIL and childcare....please dont be offended anyone cause I know its not the case for everyone but madcat knows where am coming from......DONT EVEN GO THERE! DO NOT LET HER GET HER HANDS ON YOUR BABY YOU WILL REGRET IT :( As you know your MIL and mine could be perfect buddies :thumbup: She had Oliver from 4.5mths old when I returned to work until well he started school in September and I have lived a bloody nightmare :cry: They have very similar traits and whilst the odd babysitting session may be in order going to work and leaving your baby with her is something else entirely.....I am making the brave descision this time to NOT allow MIL work minding duties :nope: I think I may have a fight on my hands come the time but I would rather that for the one day that we currently dont have childcare I stay at home and go without so to speak in order for us to manage a wage drop from me :thumbup: Failing our plan I will also be looking for an evening/weekend job! I couldnt live with myself leaving babe with MIL again!

mother in law and parents are not my ideal baby sitters

:( Ladies its terrible :sad1:

Our plan currently is I will return 3-4 days a week (I now work 4)...ideally 4 days but we may only have childcare cover for 3 days and unless we can get good childcare for the other remaining day which doesnt more or less equal my daily pay it will be 3 days. Two days of my working week will include Saturday and Sunday and DH is planning on doing his working hours over a 4 days week to take a weekday off and that will be the weekday I work iykwim So DH will have babe 3 days and I will have babe possibly 3-4 days :thumbup: I dont want to put babe in childcare in order to go to work if once we have paid for childcare my pay doesnt come out much more after deductions and everything I just dont deem it worth it however me losing one days pays a week is in technical terms a week wage to what I work now so we will have to balance the books so to speak....It will be mega hard but we will manage somehow :thumbup:

madcat as for MIL and childcare....please dont be offended anyone cause I know its not the case for everyone but madcat knows where am coming from......DONT EVEN GO THERE! DO NOT LET HER GET HER HANDS ON YOUR BABY YOU WILL REGRET IT :( As you know your MIL and mine could be perfect buddies :thumbup: She had Oliver from 4.5mths old when I returned to work until well he started school in September and I have lived a bloody nightmare :cry: They have very similar traits and whilst the odd babysitting session may be in order going to work and leaving your baby with her is something else entirely.....I am making the brave descision this time to NOT allow MIL work minding duties :nope: I think I may have a fight on my hands come the time but I would rather that for the one day that we currently dont have childcare I stay at home and go without so to speak in order for us to manage a wage drop from me :thumbup: Failing our plan I will also be looking for an evening/weekend job! I couldnt live with myself leaving babe with MIL again!

thats it!!, i really CANT let her do our child care, i know what will happen, we/i will have to look at every possible alternative if i have to work again. DH wont agree, he'll say im being silly(doesnt see any bad in his mum) but i can see how obcessional she'll be so no madly she wont be doing that even if it means me propping my eyelids up and working evenings somewhere!

If we lived close I would also be really unhappy to have my mil doing childcare. DH just told me she is apparently always saying we should go live with them :shock: We stayed for two nights early this year and vowed never to stay again as it was so awful! My mum has Byron one day a week but she has bad wrists and can't manage the carrying for younger kids and will finish having Byron in April I expect.

Oh and I wanted to say that you shouldn't forget your relationship with OH when planning childcare. DH works every other Sat and three lates a fortnight and it's awful. We hardly see each other. Any arrangement where there is crossover of working hours to save on childcare does take its toll on the relationship so best to try and find a balance.

thats why i fancy evenings. matt works nights. im used to being quiet to let him sleep in the day

Morning All,
little sprinkle more of snow last night.
Im off to B&Q today to get our xmas tree, nice big one, still not alowed to put it up till the weekend though:-(
being lying in bed feeling alsorts of pokes and ripples this morning!. 4 days to go till my scan(not counting today)...cant wait.
&Peanut, its nearly a happy 20 weeks to us!.

Lots of snow here! Still impatient for my scan!

Honestly, I have to say, please don't take offense, but I would KILL for my parents and grandparents to live closer or for us to move back near them. It's so hard to be living so far from my family in California. Be lucky your family is close and cherish moments with them, even if they are annoying. They are your family and the only one you'll have. xx

ozzie do you have a british mil? ohhhh they come in 2 varieties laid back and easy going usually to busy to able to the grandkids and wisly say no then there are the over protective evil ones that think they know it all and only have timw for their offspring gag. Matts mum is the former sadly most MIL's are the later

No, ummmm, very sadly, my MIL passed away in March. :cry: She was Scottish and the most lovely and caring lady in the world :cry: This is the first Christmas without her and it kills me that she'll miss the birth of her youngest son's child :-(

aww you were lucky. matt and i both have reasobaly young grand parents but only have 1 set left between us so know your pain. look at it positivly shes just dodging the nappies and babysitting but gets to watch the goodstuff. oh and has missed xmas day washing up lucky woman

It's partially why we are leaving for the holidays. My DH couldn't be here for Christmas without his mum. It's better for us to go away and hopefully he can have a good time with my family. There's a lot to celebrate. My cousin got engaged and I'm having a baby. Should be a great Christmas!

yup, my family don't mourn in the traditional sence. we have a laugh and giggle over what people would have said and done to things. It's deffinatly rough but if your OH and take on that perspective its easier to handle

Yeah, we try to laugh a lot and remember the silly things she did. What's wonderful is our baby is being born in June and the flower for June is the rose. Her name was Roseanne and she loved roses :) So I know she's our baby's guardian angel.

awww. I'm a bloody advacardo today how weird. how weird. \Midwife has said she will go for heart beat later so I am going in. waiting for midday to get my test results from yesterday. you can really see where they attacked my arm in different places yesterday it's not pretty.

Ugh, I'm dreading getting my bloods done. They couldn't find my veins when I was in California because supposidely they move around :shrug: Takes them several tries ouchies.

3 needles, 2 bruises from yesterday a red mark and a bruise from last week. Jeez work aren't happy with me. so many appointments i can't get them all in my own time even then you never know how long they will take. I havesaid I will be there at 13.30 as scheduled just have to get to the car, our road is safe so glad on that not looking forward to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->