Mother of all conception months Graduates

sounds like a standard family x-mas gilz. get dinner and get out best policy christmas pussing is manky for a reason

Maybe things will be better this time? (Being optimistic.)

We decided never to spend Christmas with my mil again. The last one as always I had to drive us across Northumberland to get there. We had to walk the dog and I seem to recall it was awful weather so we were a bit late but had phoned ahead and already warned them ages before that we couldn't get away that quickly in the morning. We arrived to find they had eaten dinner without us, and wouldn't speak to us. Mil had said loads of vicious things to my little sil about us so she was really upset too. Never again! We now refuse to see anon on Christmas day and carefully choose who to see over the holidays. We used to spend Christmas with mil, boxing Day with fil, 27th with my parents (staying over usually as they were 150m" miles away then). DH didn't drive so I never got to relax or have a drink. Ugh it was awful. Now we're selfish it's much more fun!

selfish to save a beautiful time of year never. next christmas will be mine again. I don't mind cooking I just don't wash up. Matt's good for that lol

ah yes, i can see selfishness working out well for forth coming xmas's. We have NEVER been able to spend xmas day at home, and being able to do that means alot to me. well this year our new house gave us the perfect excuse and we're having it our way, and next year our baby will give us the perfect excuse for the rest of xmas's to come as we have both agreed we want to spend it at home and have our child be able to spend it in his/her home too!.
Plenty who wont be happy about that, but then they should have thought about that for the past 7 years or so!

Moving house helped us and once Byron arrived we regularly use him as an excuse not to have to do things. I spent 5 years going all out for DH's family and got nothing in return and they have each only visited us 2-3 times since we moved. When we lived near them they each came to our house once for our engagement party. My mum was telling the story about how she'd sewn my curtains and MIL was very embarrassed as in 4 years she'd never been in the house at all.

Evening Ladies :wave:

Just been catching up and boy have I had a day :loopy:

Well at 5.55am this morning my boss whos from Sheffield and who was covering my off sick colleague called me to say there was no way he was going to make it in as he had had to abandon his car at the bottom of his street :wacko: So because here in Leeds it started off ok I decided I would go into work and see what happened from there. The roads were clear so DH had no prob getting me there however it meant running the place on my own as no other staff could get to me until about 9am. It was typically very busy but everyone was fed am glad to say although I was a little rushed off my feet juggling serving, answering the phone and cooking :dohh: I am well proud of myself cause I managed to do it all even though typically a few people decided to complain about waiting to be served etc I simply told them it was this or nothing as I was on my own and only here cause I didnt want to let the staff down bareing in mind I am not allowed in the kitchen on my own anyone (due to my pregnancy of course!) and I was ready to swat anyone who dared argue with me with my spatula :rofl: At about 9.15am one of my wonderful colleagues came to help out and once service finished at 9.30am I had a break whilst she washed up....I came back to find she had done nearly everything, I was so grateful for her help. We decided to do a lunch service but limited so we began making preps when our second in command called us up to say we had to clean up and close.....the weather was getting worse and worse and we were all going home :thumbup: So a quick clean up mission later with everyone secured with a lift home me and our second in command :) set off she was giving me a lift home she lives 5mins away from me :thumbup: DH did leave work to try and get me but ended up nearer to home trying to get around traffic than he did to my work so he ended up heading for Oliver whos school was also on close down :dohh: and then he headed home.....we managed to get quite far before hitting any really bad traffic it seemed though that heading towards work and ultimately all the major roads in Leeds it was complete gridlock :( It took us about 50mins in her 4x4 to reach the major road from mine to hers so I had her drop me out when the traffic came to a stand still so she didnt have to turn off the major road and then struggle to get back on however it was nearly another hour before she made it home :( I walked the 5min walk home and OMG I looked like the abominal snowman when I got in the house I was totally snow covered and to walk in it was a nightmare....I am 5`9 so very tall and the snow came right up between my foot and knee :saywhat: NOT GOOD AT ALL :nope: The snow is still coming down and down and down and has been all evening now :( My boss texted me and thanked me for even going in this morning but considering the weather now and the fact it seems there no stopping it I dont think anyone will make it in tomorrow :nope: Its my day off am back in Friday but tomorrow Oliver is not going to school even if it is open cause it would be sheer dangerous to even attempt a school run :loopy:

Well ladies we all want snow but well am now bloody sick of it already!

Oh madly I'm with you I'm so over snow this year already. Would be really happy if it would just rain and wash it all away please.

im happy now i'm home and thonk abby has started to move lol

Yay for movement Molly :happydance: I've still only felt two teeny movements I so want to feel things more regularly!!

i think it's just because my minds settled it knows, and MW tried to attack me sumit rotten.

Oh there was our gritter again

Oh we haven't seen any gritters the car park at our house is like an ice rink. Stupid combination of mono block and snow.

Gilz I am glad am not the only one fed up of the damn snow which just keeps on falling and falling and falling....we will be snowed in soon :(

The Leeds German Christmas Market was closed tonight at 7pm (my parents work down there!) so thats a sure indication the weather is bad cause that Market brings a whole lotta trade to Leeds during the festive season! My parents have been working but quite a lot of offices have been on shut down too! DH was contemplating what to do about work tom...he works what is norm about a 10min drive away but its the getting home that worries me. Oliver wont be going to school tomorrow even if it is open it would be just sheer dangeous to attempt to do a school run. I was not far of knee deep at 2pm and its still coming down so I reckon def over knee deep now :wacko:

My bump buddy Lianne fell over today too on school run :sad1: She fell forwards and is 26wks am so glad her little man is ok!

OH jeez Madly that is sooo worrying hope she stays ok.

I was going to Runcorn on Saturday for 2 nights think we're off?

Thanks Molly hon....it worries me all us preggo Ladies going out in the current weather :sad1: Leanne has hardly any snow in cambridgeshire but a total ice-rink :wacko: She walks her two little ones to school about 5mins away...I hope she stays home tom if its still bad!

awww, hope she does. Trying to figure out a deffinate on going north don't like changing plans made months ago

It's funny madly- my BOSS is super excited and actually told some random friend of his that was at work today? lol.

And he got all embarrassed and said 'ohhh it's not really my business it's hers but She's pregnant and that's so great!'

Nice to have such support at work. it's my bubble, because no one outside of work knows. Except ONE friend that i never ever see.

But, i was at my mother's today and thinking about telling her early and then realizing, i don't think i'll EVER be comfortable telling her. Ever. I was talking about someone else being pregnant and having a bunch of kids and she made a slit her throat sign meaning i'd kill myself if i had that many kids- or just kids in general. And, well. I thought- lordy i don't think i can EVER tell you.

How the heck did she have you dare?
I know i never wanted kids but my parents never pushed it one way or other just believed their teenage daughter so were very suprised, though i had been preping them as they don't like children outside of marriage.
Reminds me girls, Iread an artical on not being married make sure daddy is on birth certificate and beware if you split up you won't get maintenance

Evening ladies :flower:

been on-call today another 12 hour shift so tired just popping by to say hi. Have caught up so all up to date..

sorry about the icky family situation. Mine are lovely and cant complain. My dad really doesnt give a rats ass but he lives in California so it doesnt really matter.

sorry the snows bothering you all. I am loving it never had such a quite shift guess no-one fancies a trip to A&E or the hospital unless its dire. Great for me :thumbup:

lol lolli the 4x4's just ain't going out to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->