Mother of all conception months Graduates

Hi ladies,
Well financially we're in a pretty crap position too.
I was made redundant when on maternity leave with shay.Was happy about that coz really didn't wanna go back and leave him in creche,so we had my redundancy money to supplement dh's wage(he only earns a little over minimum wage)
By the time oran came along,I really could of done with getting back to work,money was tight but childcare for 2 kids would have cost more than my wage so would have made no sense.I do love being a stay at home mam though.
In the last yr,dh had had to take a paycut,they've cut all overtime,and in the last budget the government added income levys and extra tax to everyones wages.
We've another budget coming up nxt wk,don't know if you've seen the dire state of ireland on the news,but basically this budget is gonna be horrendous,which is so scary considering we're only making ends meet.
Half dh's monthly wage goes on the mortgage alone!
Things look bleak,and budgeting is my middle name!I started santa shopping last august!a couple things every wk.
The way I look at it is as long as we can pay our mortgage/rent, feed our kids and heat our houses thats the main thing,I've come to the point now where i'm soooo sick of worrying about money,worrying isn't gonna change anything,i'm just grateful for what we have!

wow madly your bump is lovely and roundy now!!!!
Must post a 20wk pic in a few days,compare with my 16wk 1,though don't know if there's much of a difference.I can still pass for unpregnant depending on what i'm wearing!!

its bloody scary isnt it Vbaby?, im trying not to think of the what if's (in our situation) although it does slip into my head. Ive always worried about money i guess because in my family there wasnt much, DH never worries(i guess because in his family theres always been more than enough). I know they say money doesnt bring happiness but it really does help with the worry!.

Mmm i'll have to do a 20 week bump pic too, not sure how much if any bigger i have gotten. Ive got my new mat jeans on today, these ones feel like they keep slipping down a bit though, they are new though, labels still on(from ebay), i think the band(overbump) doesnt feel so tight.

Ive braved the snow, got our christmas tree, its still in the car, so heavy i cant lift it, and some presents, managed to stay up-right too, i was walking in a very 'special' way lol!:haha:

lol. grr no blood results yet sooo annoyed work would love it if i did have diabetes. gah. right must dress. 7ft tree out on tuesday yay!

madly- i read you were going to bbq your xmas tree. hahaha.

As for mils & moms and all of that.

My family doesn't like kids at all. Or my mom doesn't and the news- when i give it to her- will NOT go well. More like her yelling at me and telling me i should abort because i would be a terrible mother.

Something like my wedding day when she told me i could 'still get out of this' because we weren't going to last 6 months. OK mom! glad you're always right! notice the ticker. lol.

but my mil LOVES babies, and would love to help with babysitting and all of that, but i want to be a stay at home mom... if i can. She already takes care of our niece almost all the time and she really needs to have a life too- she is Grandma, not mom. And she would treat it like it was hers.

I have no happy medium.

Molly!, i have to do one better im afriad, our tree is is 7ft6! lol!!!

Dare, your worries about telling your mum the news sounds like how i was with my dad, my dad is not into kids, (i think he only had them because back in the day getting married and having kids is what everyone did).
I put off telling him, i really didnt want to, i felt sick the day we pulled up outside his house to tell him. But he was ok, took it well, not OTT with happiness and hugs or anything, but it was fine.

yay for your xmas tree madcat!!!
I am so lucky with my family.Very close with mine,talk to my mam on the phone every day,the in laws are great,I think of dh's sisters as my own,and his mam is lovely.His dad is a complete dick and a waste of space but he's living in spain so I don't have to see him!
The only bad thing is mine are a hr and a half away in dublin and dh's are an hr and a half away in belfast,so we're kinda in the middle.Would love if they were a bit closer,not too close though!
Would be great to just be able to ring them on the spur of the moment to sit with the kids while I go get my hair done or something.We have to organise sooo far in advance for someone to come up to babysit that its only ever for special occasions.
As for stuff like doc appointments,hairdressers etc,I have to take my 2 terrors with me everywhere I go!

never happy are we?, and i would prefer it if my MIL lived far away so that visiting was just 'a special occassion'.

Yeh madcat,money doesn't buy happiness but it would certaintly reduce stress levels!!

I got my new look jeans in the post yest,they're lovely and comfy,though quite baggy!They're supposed to be skinny jeans,I wanted to wear them inside my uggs but they're not tight enough for that.More like a straight leg jean,still nice though.
Madcat when you're bump gets bigger you should try on some under bump 1's again,you might find them comfier and sit better when you've a nice big firm bump!

I know,but I'm sure if my mil was like yours I'd be very glad if she was far away!!
And even though my mam and mil are great I still wouldn't like them living on the doorstep,dropping up everyday etc!I like my space!
A little closer than they are would be nice,but def not too close!!

yeh maybe your right, when bump is sitting a bit better i will try on a pair of underbump jeans and see, but when i tried them on before i didnt like the feeling of where the band was.

My other mat jeans are like yours, really baggy lol, comfy, but baggy (and a bit long too even although they are regulars). Gosh this clothing lark is a whole new world!

:hugs: Ozzie, sorry for your loss.

We have a mixed bag. My parents are great but have moved to Wales so not very close any more. I get TWO sets of in laws on DH's side (lucky me) and I'm not much impressed with either. His Dad is laid back so they are the better set, his Mum doesn't like me, never has, and is generally pretty screwed up anyway. She would be an obsessive grandparent so the distance is very good for us! As it is not even her only grandchild is sufficient to visit us. This weekend (snow willing) will be the second time she's visited since we moved nearly 4 years ago.

Vbaby totally familiar with what's happening in Ireland, it's awful. I know it won't be a consolation but our policies are following exactly the same route so we'll be right there with you shortly only Ireland won't have £9bn to offer us! I read there are plans for a vote of no confidence for your PM, do let me know how one goes about that, we need rid of ours too!

I'm trying those sea-bands now for morning sickness and they seem to be working....got the medicine for the heartburn! It's in a 500mL bottle, totally full! How on earth am I going to get that on the plane?? :rofl:

Afternoon :flower:

I got sent home from work cos the snow is getting worse. Mind you i'm still working just from home.

Excellent trees Madcat and Molly, i'm putting ours up on saturday i'm so excited :happydance:

yes peanut he is a baffoon!its a disgrace.
Ladies with kids already have you heard about portablenorthpole.tv?
yous might've done it last yr,its basically a personalized message from santa to your child.You can include a pic and all,its really lovely,shay was over the moon!
Give it a go if you haven't already.x

At last all your xmas trees are going up!ours is old news at this stage!

Our tree is up but not unfolded or decorated. Basically we have to clear and move some furniture into the loft to make room for it!

lol. at the mad woman withhere trees.

Well I'm home again one very near miss of accident later

Seen midwife, heard ABBY through placenta they were hiding but thought just after I felt a kick where the probe had been. Not the popcorn thing like a kick pushing the flesh back out. rereferred me to see physio and I am to chase that up. Next appointment is FEBRUARY!!!!!! GTT wasclear apparently I might not need another 1.

Then I saw the nurse prescriber shedidmy thyroid meds, I toldher how I'd been feeling so down etc and she said to take atleast a week off work and to book into see GP so have got an appointment for a week saturday if being off works better then we might be stuck with that. we don't really want me back on medication

OH the relief.:blush:

Fybolgel works, i know that much now!.

never been so consitpated in all my days!.

you all really wanted to know that didnt you?. sorry:haha:

ohhhhh, i'm a senna girl only one pill tho. A good poo might be better than orgasm

:rofl: madcat

Can you believe our council hasn't gritted any roads? In our garden we've maybe 4", maybe more, and even the main road hasn't been done. :shock: My mum left here and said she nearly died getting to the M60 but all the motorways and every road after was totally clear. Ours and the neighbouring areas are listed on Greater Manchester transport as being the most affected but it doesn't seem to acknowledge that the reason is that the roads are sheet ice! I'm going to complain to them tomorrow.

God why am I still having to work? Why aren't I on eternal holiday?

Glad your tests were ok molly.

Apparently DH has found the tree lights so we are Christmas bound tonight. I've been feeling a bit off again today and my guts have been off for a few days now, the same as they were at the start.

Ah it's wonderful how pregnancy changes your priorities, who'd have thought we'd swap orgasms for poop.

Its one of the more unpleasant side effects of pregnancy so far right enough. I'm so sick of drinking orange juice in an attempt to help things along.

Great news about your gtt molly and I know you don't want to be off work but if that's what's best for your bean and you then that's what to do :hugs:

I just found out my very confrontational sister is coming home in a fortnight. She doesn't speak to my dad hasn't for years and she's apparently coming down so they can sort things. Except that's not actually what she means, she really just wants my dad to say everything has been his fault, which it hasn't, and then she'll be happy.

So sad for my dad cos it breaks his heart not to have a relationship with her but she's going to waste Christmas for us cos it'll end up like world war 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->