Mother of all conception months Graduates

Enjoy your food!! X

Girls how did you get through the early days? I feel so terrible I just want to cry :cry:

I have no advice on that Sequeena. My ms didn't kick in until 8 weeks and then it was just constant nausea. Wasn't pleasant but eating little and often helped.

Peanut is probably your best bet, she still doesn't feel great even at 20wks.

On that note good luck tomorrow Peanut I'm sure everything will be perfect with your little one.

Glad you're home gilz. Tell us all about it when you're warm and fed and comfy.

Sequeena, gilz is right that I've felt crap throughout. These past couple of weeks I've seen improvement with two or even three days not too bad then the same a bit off. Yesterday was bad and today I've felt nearly as sick as some weeks ago. Not been sick for 3 or 4 weeks though. The only advice I have is to do anything that helps. If you need to eat crisps and drink pop and not work but lie around all day instead, do it. It's all worth it even if you feel guilty or lazy. The only other offering is words of wisdom - it will pass, be it weeks, months, the birth. Every day takes you a step closer and all you have to do is live through it because time will pass. I know I sound melodramatic but honestly this is just how it is! I hav been through many times of utter despair. I cry, I retch, I moan, sometimes I'm sick then eventually I sleep and it's a new day. And it dies get better through the pregnancy no matter how bad it gets.

mad- i'm so happy you're having a healthy boy!!! :) I heard boys usually have an easier pregnancy.

My sciatic nerve in my foot has been acting up- and i have a constant backache. I have pimples on the sides of my face kind of under my jaw- so no one really knows but me. I have pimples on my back and some on the backs of my arm!! I have insane vivid dreams. I am peeing constantly and today i thought i felt a touch of ms. No vomiting but, the thought was there! And of course randomly i'll get a punch in the ovary like a cramp and then it goes away again. My knees will ache if i cross my legs for too long and the legs will feel sore too. but my back! AUGH!

And i'm only 5 weeks. Here come the symptoms.

Btw i did wind up telling my mother. her response was 'shit' followed by i gave her indigestion followed by 'why' and 'every time you are upset or something happens like it does something i will laugh because YOU did this to yourself' finally by the end of the night i got a congrats with a hug- ending with her constantly talking about pregnancy. all in all, the best response i ever could've gotten.

Blimey dare! :hugs: Remember to think of yourself and LO and try not to worry about your mum's warped view. Maybe a grandchild will change her for the better.

Gilz your cars trapped in the snow is all over the news. Were you on the motorway too? I hope you're home this morning (and assume so as you've not been on yet) and feel better after a rest. How horrid for you, I'd be so anxious in that situation.

Well DH has his job review today though by all accounts from the union it's a formality and whatever he says he'll be on a final warning and if he is sick again in the next 12 months he can be fired. I just don't understand how this policy can be legal.

I feel super sick this morning and really tired. Got to get showered, walk the dog and eat before leaving for the scan about half 1. I don't hold out much hope of getting work done today. I was having a pretty mad dream when DH came up with toast. Dreamt the carpet fitters scratched out downstairs window so they came back to replace with a lovely shiny new one. They brought DH a new blue suit jacket to replace an older one. Meanwhile my parents and our old dog Ebin were all sat on a settee in the kitchen looking out lovely windows we don't have in there and Ebin was reading a book. My mum was saying how like an amusing cartoon they looked! Then I finally figured out a way to rearrange everything so we could bring the piano out of the kitchen. Sounds bland now I've written it down. :rofl: But it was busy and exciting while I dreamt it!

Well I might try get back to sleep for a bit, see if it'll help.

Morning Ladies!

:headspin: Whhhaaa I am 11 weeks tomorrow!

Time has flown by!

:happydance:

Morning guys. Peanut I got back about 8 last night I did pop in to post that I was ok maybe it was too far back for you to have seen it. Yesterday was a nightmare I got stuck trying to get on the slip road to the motorway. Ended up getting pushed up by about 6 men, then got stuck on the motorway sitting completely stationary for about 3 hours. Moved for about 3 miles then stuck for another 3 hours. In total my 30mile journey took 8 hours. Never ever again am I doing that!!

Just had to phone EPAU as I keep having heart palpitations. They started in the car yesterday so I put it down to stress/fear. But I've had more overnight and this morning. EPAU said that it's just the stress and I've to have a day of doing absolutely nothing.

Peanut hope your DHs meeting goes as well as it can and I'm sure your scan this afternoon will be perfect. Let us know as soon as you can :hugs:

Happy 11weeks tomorrow sofiekirsten :happydance:

Oh gilz poor you. I did see your post last night or I'd have been worrying all night! I'm sure the palpitations will be stress. I often had them with Byron even when not stressed. The heart pumps faster anyway when we're pregnant so I think it doesn't take much for it to be working hard enough to feel funny. Have a lovely restful day. I've not even got my laptop on. I've not even got out of bed! I'm wondering about calling in sick so I can relax about the day but I've had so much sickness this pregnancy already and I'll do emails and other work anyway once I finally feel able to move. Seems to cheeky to put half sick day on my record as I'll not be working this afternoon but I don't want a full one when I wouldn't be working anyway! Keep sick burping to excess. Really gross. Maybe a rennies will help...

Aw Peanut just do the teeniest bit of work that you possibly can then you don't need to have any sick days. Worrying about your DH can't help with how rough you are feeling. Just think though by this afternoon you'll know what your little baby is and that everything is ok with him/her :thumbup:

Oh I'm going to take it super easy like the midwife said. Will venture out with the dog later when it's slightly warmer as it's -9 here and I can't face more cold and snow yet.

Just thinking I'm working from home tomorrow anyway cos I have my midwife appointment but after that I only have 7 days left of work til I'm off for Christmas :happydance:

Over Christmas me and OH are going to look for a different car for me. Defintely couldn't have cope with yesterday with the jellybean in tow as well.

Enjoy your scan this PM peanut, let us know all about it as soon as you can, will be thinking of you.x

im at the MW this afternoon for the 20 week appointment.

Aww gilz glad you made it safely.

Scan! are we updateing thefrnt page as we go?

Lovely GP signed me off for another 2 weeks lovely man, very caring and listened did not feel rushed at all, was in his waiting room for 1.5 hours though yikes.

Got hold of teh physio department they had nothing until end of the year except tomorrow so I jumped at the chance. Supermarket shopping should not have you laid out on the sofa in pain for the rest of the night no matter how much like a hippo you look. (I'v rapidly turned into 1, can't see my feet properly, will post a picture when my camera reappears.)

Madly whip that mans butt a bit of washing wont kill him.

Hapy 11 weeks sophiekirsten(sp)

Have a good mw appointment, I don't see mine for another 7 weeks.

What sort of car do you fancy gilz? What sort of budget do you have? I'm pretty pleased with our Renault scenic. We had a Skoda fabia when I first had Byron and the pram took up the whole boot. We couldn't have gone camping with it or anything like that, but we did a deal with my parents and got a Citroën Xsara. Got to admit I absolutely hated it! Apart from the cost of getting a new car I was pretty happy when it got written off after a pick up truck reversed out into it.

Well DH has had his review and as he'd gone 9 months top this last sickness they've given him a reprieve and no warning. He's back where he was - if he's sick in the next year he gets this same meeting again and will probably get the warning. So it doesn't sound like they took any of the factors into consideration, just that he'd gone 9 months. Jerks. Most sinister is they suggested he get a flu jab (though he's never been off with flu) which he's already had! Can't quite put my finger on it but that quite scares me.

I'm showered. Need to try do my teeth, walk the dog, de-ice the car and eat. If I can fit work in all the better but I can't see it happening. I'm up to date with emails at least.

Oh the coloured stalks next to our EDD's I was being lazy and didn't look

dont know if this sounds strange(?):shrug:

but these last few days, my tummy really does feel full of baby, as if hes bigger, heavier, everything really, im aware of the weight in there. Ive also been wondering if hes in a funny position sometimes just be how my tummy feels. Maybe hes on a growth spurt or something.
I feel like im getting a small percentage of insight into how it must feel in the 3rd tri!

Peanut I'm not sure about cars to be honest. With all the snow we get in Scotland it'll need to be something with four wheel drive. I could just take my OHs merc jeep and let him trade my car in for him to get a new jeep type thing for towing our caravan etc.

Glad your doc is looking after you Molly. Have fun at the mw Madcat, I didn't get a chance to ask yesterday how did your DH take the news of having a son?

Just saw a link to this thread in second tri, thought it was quite interesting for us first time mums so thought I'd repost here for everyone https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/480391-tips-get-through-first-weeks.html

Sorry to read you girls aren't feeling too great :(

I'm actually feeling ok right now....just hungry that's all.

Peanut I'm not sure about cars to be honest. With all the snow we get in Scotland it'll need to be something with four wheel drive. I could just take my OHs merc jeep and let him trade my car in for him to get a new jeep type thing for towing our caravan etc.

Glad your doc is looking after you Molly. Have fun at the mw Madcat, I didn't get a chance to ask yesterday how did your DH take the news of having a son?

Just saw a link to this thread in second tri, thought it was quite interesting for us first time mums so thought I'd repost here for everyone https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/480391-tips-get-through-first-weeks.html

I think DH is secretly very pleased with himself. he said he wouldnt have minded if it was boy or girl, but secretly he's having images of Lego, trainsets and mechano!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->