Mother of all conception months Graduates

goodluck for your scan madcat cant wait to see the pic :wohoo:

Peanut I confessed to supporting the occasional drink in pregnancy.....but was branded an almost out and out alcoholic and a women with serious drinking problems :rofl: There was some pretty passionate women on that thread some with personal issues regarding it so I knew I was always going to be criticised. In pretty much boiled down to UK VS US and the different info/guidelines/advice given in pregnancy! There was no right or wrong answer unfortunately the few ladies who supported the occasional drink had to put up with a barrade of abuse! I wont be going there again!

Well I don't drink in pregnancy nor did I TTC and only once when BF, but I'm not a big drinker anyway and very rarely drink at home so it's no big deal. A little is not likely to cause a problem. Bah, people get very opinionated about things and polarised more than their true opinions I think. It's just the debating process. You should check out the H1N1 thread in first tri. :rofl:

Duffy - where are you from?

:dohh: Madcat super exciting! Can't wait to see pics, best of luck!

:rofl: my sentiments exactly hon....by the occasional drink I meant a vvvvweak lager shandy and was jumped on......wooooooooooooooah not sure if I want to check out the other thread :) scary people I can tell you!

:rofl: my sentiments exactly hon....by the occasional drink I meant a vvvvweak lager shandy and was jumped on......wooooooooooooooah not sure if I want to check out the other thread :) scary people I can tell you!

thanks for the good lucks!:baby:

i'll put my 2 bit into the subject. I dont drink (simply because i dont like the taste of alcohol) but, personally i dont think the odd little sip now and then, here and there can do much damage. if it was a regular thing and plenty of it then that would be a different matter!:coffee:

I think you meant 'can't' madcat not 'can'. Lol

I wouldn't suggest joining in the H1N1 thread but you can laugh from afar!

Well I don't drink in pregnancy nor did I TTC and only once when BF, but I'm not a big drinker anyway and very rarely drink at home so it's no big deal. A little is not likely to cause a problem. Bah, people get very opinionated about things and polarised more than their true opinions I think. It's just the debating process. You should check out the H1N1 thread in first tri. :rofl:

Duffy - where are you from?

I'm from Washington/USA live in a area with awesome camping horse backriding lots of outdoor things/sking and so on. I was going to check out mission ridge this winter but that out now that I'm pregnant ROLF.

I don't drink at all and usually have really negative feelings with drinking but only because I grew up with a father who choose drinking over his family. So that is my own personal issue and battle to get over.

Oh by the way ladies I quit smoking yesterday, I was indeed a heavy smoker but I did it for my lil bean growing in me. I quit with Karissa too and that girl was very close to a 10 pound baby 9oz and 13 ounces! :cloud9:

WooHoo!!!:happydance::happydance:

We booked a basic room for our hilton stay in london for friday, then i read on trip advisor that the rooms were so small the double bed were against the wall!.

I wrote to them to ask if we could have space around the bed as i was pregnant and didnt want to be clambering over my husband when getting up in the night, i also mentioned it was my birthday.

they just emailed back to say we have a complimentary room upgrade and something special arranged for me:happydance: (i hope its not alcohol though!)

just goes to show, you dont get if you dont ask! (even if i am a bit cheeky!)

I have a dry hair cut booked for tomorrow, and for doing that, my husband has now upgraded me to a shampoo cut&blowdry!

Well done Duffy, that's fantastic! I am totally anti-smoking so if you need support to keep you away feel free to drop me a line! lol

Well done Madcat too, though you might need to shove a pillow up your jumper, they'll be expecting you to be massive I bet! lol Better try get your maternity certificate earlier. I did a lot of asking for various things last time. I had to work at our September festival when I was about 7/8 months pregnant. It was hard work and I was so sick and nowhere was there any food I could stomach. In the end one of the bell boys at the hotel went out to a chippy for me after I'd unsuccessfully tried a few places and returned to the hotel. Delivered to my room door! He carried all my bags all the time and took such care. :D On the flip side public transport was hell. One time waiting for the bus to the station in October I spent about 40 minutes, 8 months pregnant, standing in the most torrential rain and no-one offered me space, let alone a seat in the bus shelter. I finished work about 2 weeks after that and so drove every day instead. Enough was enough! Also got pushed by some woman on the rush hour train one time and heard her companion say "I think she's pregnant" and the bitch was all "so?"! Cheeky cow.

Well done Duffy, that's fantastic! I am totally anti-smoking so if you need support to keep you away feel free to drop me a line! lol

Well done Madcat too, though you might need to shove a pillow up your jumper, they'll be expecting you to be massive I bet! lol Better try get your maternity certificate earlier. I did a lot of asking for various things last time. I had to work at our September festival when I was about 7/8 months pregnant. It was hard work and I was so sick and nowhere was there any food I could stomach. In the end one of the bell boys at the hotel went out to a chippy for me after I'd unsuccessfully tried a few places and returned to the hotel. Delivered to my room door! He carried all my bags all the time and took such care. :D On the flip side public transport was hell. One time waiting for the bus to the station in October I spent about 40 minutes, 8 months pregnant, standing in the most torrential rain and no-one offered me space, let alone a seat in the bus shelter. I finished work about 2 weeks after that and so drove every day instead. Enough was enough! Also got pushed by some woman on the rush hour train one time and heard her companion say "I think she's pregnant" and the bitch was all "so?"! Cheeky cow.

hahaha fantastic, they went to the chippy for you!. i love that idea!!

well, if anyone looks at me, i do actually look pregnant as ive always had an early pregnancy belly on me, ive always concealed it well as ive always hated it, i just wont conceal it now!!!! (plus im a bit bloated too, my jeans are done up with a hairband!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Aye keep a tight top on! I've got a tight long tee on today so it's snug around my fatness and my mum suddenly exclaimed that I do already look pregnant. There's gonna be no hiding this soon!

Aye keep a tight top on! I've got a tight long tee on today so it's snug around my fatness and my mum suddenly exclaimed that I do already look pregnant. There's gonna be no hiding this soon!

i got a tight t-shirt on today, and a cardi, and my stomach is poking thru the bottom part of the open cardi as it is, im also having to tug down my t-shirt so it doesnt expose my hairband thats holding up my jeans!!!.

ive noticed my uterus ever expanding each day to the point where theres not a hell of alot of difference between that area and my muffin!.

so like you, its not going to take long i dont think!!!

Good for you Duffy quitting smoking :thumbup:

Madcat did you have your scan :shrug: or have I missed something :dohh:

Ladies I am expanding too.....my crop linen trousers with a flat tummy band and elasticated back are getting tight (the normal sort of style linens) :wacko: but my mat pants are a bit loose b/c I think I lost weight since I 1st tried then on bizaerly but I dont reckon it will be too long before I start to do them justice plus I dont have oodles of choice since my regular fit jeans are really really uncomfortable.....mat pants for me from now on I think :wohoo:

Thanks for the positive vibes on quiting ladies I offically made it through my first day!

I have a question for you ladies, does anyone plan to do regular half hour walks a day? Last year my ob recommend that to me at a slow pace, I have a rad treadmill but I'm been a fat lazy cat since my last pregnancy I'm bigger then I was when I had lil missy lol. Do you think it would be safe to start walking and (I also have a standstill bike) biking to try to get legs back into shape at least? Guess I'm feeling like a cow at the moment, I won't even fit in my pregnancy clothe ROLF.

no you havent missed anything, scan is this afternoon at 5.15, im really quite nervous (its making me poo more!!!:haha:)

I thought the scan was yesterday?

Duffy I don't think there will be a problem with you doing regular walking. I don't do any exercise except walking really anyway, but I go over 2 miles a day on my commute to work, usually done at a fast pace catching trains and things, and at weekends I walk my dog or go on days out that inevitably involve lots of walking. Walking is excellent exercise and doesn't need to be fast or furious to be effective. As soon as I've seen my MW I will also start attending aquanatal classes again. They were a Godsend last time as I was too ill to manage anything and the water makes it so much easier, I also made some good friends there. Pregnancy yoga is good too so if you can get to some pregnancy exercise classes I'd highly recommend them.

Well I am home again. I had to be in to receive some steel for our loft and the shopping :happydance: but of course it totally suits me to not have to do the commute. I just had a 121 with my manager and told her about my pregnancy. She was pretty good about it and didn't seem too phased. I know she knows nothing about it all as she asked me a lot about my maternity leave and things, she wasn't aware of any of the rules or rights, but she was open to my knowledge so I think she will be fine. She totally wants me to tell my team at our meeting next Tuesday but I'll only be 8 weeks so I'm not sure about that, though there is every chance they might guess. I'd like to think they might be discrete enough not to ask though!

I thought the scan was yesterday?

QUOTE]

Nooo, today, thursday afternoon:baby:

I went to the docs today,about the problem ive had for a while with my throat, (when i lie down i get a choking feeling), well it got worse this week.
Anyway he said it was common, usually due to stomach acid or anxiety. Hes put me on tabs for stomach acid,said they were safe for me to take while pregnant,then i read the leaflet that said "consult your doc if pregnant", so i went back to the pharmacy, they looked it up and it says "known to be safe durring pregnancy".

Would you girls have any doubts about taking this?

Not at all madcat. EVERYTHING says to consult your doctor to cover the manufacturers backs. If both the doctor and pharmacy say it's fine I'm sure it will be. What are they? It's very common for pregnant women to have ant-acid medication anyway as heartburn is so common.

Not at all madcat. EVERYTHING says to consult your doctor to cover the manufacturers backs. If both the doctor and pharmacy say it's fine I'm sure it will be. What are they? It's very common for pregnant women to have ant-acid medication anyway as heartburn is so common.

theyre called Omeprazole (gastro resistant) tablets, he seems to think that while i have had the problem with my throat for a while, hes interested that its got worse now im pregnant and thinks its stomach acid rising (even although i say i dont feel it).
Really i cant carry on with it, so will have to take it, i suppose your right, the instructions are just covering their arse!!

:wave: Ladies,

Madcat I thought your scan was yesterday as well :dohh:

Duffy hon walking is the ideal exercise I agree with Peanut and I will be doing more walking etc throughout my pregnancy b/c I am not the fittest or slimmest lady either :) but would like to maintain an healthy pregnancy :thumbup:

Peanut great about your managers reaction.....I think I might have to peel mine off the floor once I break the news to him :rofl:

I am officially giving 1st tri a wide berth from now on ladies I walked into another thread argument/debate today....it seems there are a few ladies on bnb trying to scaremonger with stats etc from the internet.....the last thread I quickly exited was op asking if anyone is having 3d/4d scans? lots of nasty stats have been posted about how having additional scans can leave your baby with all these horrible defects.....I mean WTF dont these ladies realise we have enough to worry about right now :cry: theres me possible facing extra scans b/c I may have another little elephant entering a thread about excitment of 3d/4d scans which I was hoping to have as a belated birthday present in december to have this thrown down my throat :sad2: so sorry for the rant ladies....but its not even as if you can point out you are at liberty to make your own choice b/c the scaremongers dont seem to appreciate freedom of choice and speech!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->