Mother of all conception months Graduates

Oh madly. Ignore them! If we were talking scanning every week throughout then may e there'd be something but one extra scan is not going to do anything. If I remember right the issue is that ultrasound is slightly heating so they are kept to the necessary minimum. Perhaps equate to have too many warm baths! Lots of women have extra scans for a variety of medical reasons. Of course you'll be fine having a 3d scan. In the states they clearly do far more routine scans than we have here anyway. It's hard but you need to ignore these people. Women are do judgemental and where babies are concerned we clearly lose all rational thought before opening our mouths! Lol. Try not to be upset. :hugs:

Thanks Peanut hon :hugs: I just dont understand it these women are in the same position as us (1st tri) its a scary enough place they must understand how we feel so why make it worse? One lady said I am simply posting the info its up to you what you do with it! The op told her not to bother but she continued to post more links to more websites.....I mean am not even sure this is allowed?

*Breathe*

Sorry I feel better now :)

goodness whatever next!, ive heard it all now!. i knew i was staying away from 1st tri for a reason!. its all gone too far on there now!!

Yes madcat hon STAY AWAY FROM 1ST TRI!

In the last two days I have watched nice supportive lovely threads being turned into scary scary places with the posting of internet stats using scaremonger tactics.....its not worth going there!

awww. thanks for the heads up girls, we all have enough worry let alone having to worry about other things, think i will stay away from there too!!... madly i wouldnt worry about the extra scans, i had a lot of scans with my dd, and she is perfect xxx

Peanutbean, Okay cool I just won't to make sure I dont over do it I'm kind of feel like a delicate butterfly at the moment lol. IT sounds like you get great walking in!

madlyttc, I won't go near first trimester when I was pregnant last year I surfed it for a bit then just got to freaked out I felt really at home in the second and third trimester areas, the ladies seemed to calm down by then lol. I'm totally sticking to just the three threads I Joined in pregnancy section :)

Thanks Ladies :hugs:

I am still mooching about and posting on my regular haunts in TTC too b/c I have made some good friends and they are happy for me to stick around plus I feel at home there and want to continue to support the girls who supported me :) I just really hate the scaremonger tactics and then to totally deny been a scaremonger when you have ignored requests not to post such info is even worse.....gosh I dont know:dohh:

Goodluck madcat am sure you have already left but I wanted to say it anyway :)

Madly I read the thread. She has been the same in the immunization thread I told you about. See she has some very sensible points but she's kind of rude and extreme about them. She was so rude to me when I mentioned in passing that breastmilk hadn't helped Byron's sticky eye he had for a year. Went on about how sticky eyes are mostly caused by clocked tear ducts (no evidence for this at all other than that health visitors say that's what it is without having a clue!) so BM wouldn't help with it. Really snippy. So I said they are also caused by viruses, talked about the secondary bacterial infection which of course antibiotics help with but do nothing for the underlying viral infection. She was really horrible back. Weirdo! It's a pity she can't apply this rational thought to the immunization issue, you'll notice in one of the posts that "studies have failed to prove the associations between autism [or whatever] and immunization". Cleverly worded when I think what she's actually looking for is that squillions of studies find no link forever adding to the probability that there is no link!

here you are!! photos of one very small bean! lol. the heartbeat photo is on the left, and my tummy is shown clearer on the right, with bean at the bottom of the 'black hole'!. heard the heart (which DH was amazed at).
shes dated me back to 7 wk 1day which i thought she would, so my 12 week scan has been put back a week.
Said i had no cysts on my ovaries or anything, but i do have a tilted uterus which will mean i'll get backache in the future!.

:happydance:feel a bit better that everything is in its place and behaving its self for now!:baby:

Attachments

• scan0026.jpg
    scan0026.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 12
Ace madcat! You're about the same as me then, I'm 7+2. So good you saw your bean!

here you are!! photos of one very small bean! lol. the heartbeat photo is on the left, and my tummy is shown clearer on the right, with bean at the bottom of the 'black hole'!. heard the heart (which DH was amazed at).
shes dated me back to 7 wk 1day which i thought she would, so my 12 week scan has been put back a week.
Said i had no cysts on my ovaries or anything, but i do have a tilted uterus which will mean i'll get backache in the future!.

:happydance:feel a bit better that everything is in its place and behaving its self for now!:baby:

aww thats lovely :) just a question, ive heard of a lot of people going for early scans, sorry if i sound silly lol but i thought the first scan was at around 12 weeks like my dd was? xxx

Madcat your ickle bean scan pic is ace :) I think I will get put back too lmp date is 8wks 5days and ov date is exactly 8wks so who knows :shrug:

livi early scan is about 12wks mine will be :thumbup: I think madcat paid for hers privately if I am correct?

oh i see lol, sorry very silly of me! i was exactly 12 weeks and one day when i got my scan with my dd :)
aww scans are amazing, cant wait for this one :) xxx

yes i paid for this early scan. what happened is i joined 1st Tri forum, i read so much on there, all scaremongering, i was worried sick about everything, i wasnt going to but in the end i booked an early scan for peace of mind!!.

Madcat your ickle bean scan pic is ace :) I think I will get put back too lmp date is 8wks 5days and ov date is exactly 8wks so who knows :shrug:

livi early scan is about 12wks mine will be :thumbup: I think madcat paid for hers privately if I am correct?

yes my lmp was 14th July, my cycle was 31days, so i new i would be put back a few days really. My NHS midwife never even asked how long my cycle was!

the sonographer was very good though, looked at everything and detailed everything.

mmmmmmmm my lmp was 10th july but my cycles were 33days I wonder if I am more like 7wks 5days then iykwim

edit: I am calling my lmp 10th july but that was the day I m/c :cry: so just guessing really af would have been due that days anyway!

ive noticed all these online calculators vary a bit with their results!!

yeah I noticed that but I always seemed to get EDD 21st April which works back to 8wks exactly today so not far off 7wks 5days then.....:shrug: just going to stick with lmp date right now and see what I am given from scan b/c I know mw will use lmp on monday when I see her!

Awww awesome :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->