Mother of all conception months Graduates

ozzie:hugs:

Yay gilz!!!23rd will be an exciting day!!
I've to travel the whole way down to dublin for mine,and the scan place is near my mams so will call in for a visit too so it'll be evening before i'm home and able to update yous!!

Sorry Ozzie but what have I missed... Do you have suspected DVT?

Well, they said I may be at risk for it when I fly next week because I'm overweight (by their standards) and I'm pregnant so I might have to wear those compression stockings to reduce the risk of blood clots *sigh*

I wear them stockings all the time anyway ozzie!!they're actually really comfy!
I have a varicose vein on my left leg from when preg with oran so as soon as I got preg this time I got the stockings and they're great.
I was seriously put off coz they're what nana's wear!!!but if they'll prevent more varicose veins then i'm all for them!!
Hope you feel better soon.xx

I wouldn't worry about the stockings get them stuck on and be safe.

DVT is hugely serious my mum died of a dvt that traveled to her lungs, and the risk is higher in pregnancy regardless of weight. That's why I'm on blood thinning injections for the whole pregnancy and my bmi is only 19.5

Ok, kinda freaked out now and I really don't want to fly :cry: I want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep and never wake up.

I didn't mean to freak you out hon, I just meant that you should just wear the stockings even though they aren't pretty. Ugly stockings are far better than anything else.

Not worried about the stockings. Ugh, I hope I do have a UTI and that would explain all the vomiting of water and the anti-nausea pills not helping.

Don't be worrying ozzie,millions of pregnant women fly and are fine.Your doc prob just wants to take any precautions possible,so once you do what doc says you'll be fine.
Hope you get sorted today at docs.x

:hugs: ozzie hope everything works out ok hun :hugs:

afm I just picked up a buggy from freecycle. Very nice :)

I feel like such a moaner. I can't keep anything down. I'm wondering if I should try and see if I can get into the doctor's earlier, but it was agony just taking a shower just now and I couldn't even make it though that without throwing up :cry: Was anyone else's this bad?

Sorry you're feeling so crap.I really can't understand what you're going thru,coz I was fine.Peanut and madly were pretty ill,peanut still is,so they're prob the best 2 to sympathise with you.xx.Sounds shit.xx

Welp, midwife phoned....it's a UTI. Since I'm going to the doctor's anyways, she said to get medication while there and she said it's probably not helping my sickness with the infection. *sigh* I hope the antibiotics make it all better.

Hooray for all the scan dates and ace bargain sequeena.

Ozzie whilst the uti won't help not keeping water down is usually an indication of hyperemesis. Bad as I've been I've not had hyperemesis. It's important you keep your eye on it because all the vomiting means a rusk if dehydration which is particularly dangerous for baby. If it gets that bad you may need to go on a drip in hospital for a while. My sister has had it bad with both her last two pregnancies. She was in hospital with the first but got away with lots of time off work and tablets this time. You get your gp to try different medication. Cyclazine is usually the best. You might want to drink some salts too to replenish your system. Both can be got on prescription. It's horrible, I really do sympathise. Don't bother feeling guilty though. For some of us pregnancy is totally shit but it doesn't mean you'll or parent your child any differently than someone with an easy pregnancy.

I'm on my way back from Birmingham. It's been quite a pleasant day. I even worked on my strategy on the train down but too tired now.

Been to the doctor. Getting on antibiotics for the UTI. She is worried because I'm throwing up so much and doesn't want me to get dehydrated. Says if my blood shows dehydration I'm not to fly :cry: I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time and damn it all! :-(

Are they checking your bloods then? When are you flying? If there's a bit of time hopefully they'll be able to get you sorted before you go. Can you make sure there is medical support for you while you're over there in case you carry in being very sick?

They are checking bloods on Friday and I'm flying on Tuesday morning. It's not much time. I keep sobbing :cry: I just want to go home and see my family! I need that more than anything.

:hugs: Can they not get them analysed quicker? But your health is the most important thing. I'd be devastated too. :(

I dunno. I'm just going to hope the medicine works and just drink lots of fluids. I've been forcing myself to drink. Haven't thrown up since about 1:30 today so *knock on wood*

That's good news hun. Sorry I haven't got anymore comforting words for you :( :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->