Mother of all conception months Graduates

I was able to cut my nails no probs,even used to paint my toenails.Both my other pregnancies were summer 1's so I was wearing flip flops and sandals all the time!
I sat on the couch,and bent 1 leg up and put the foot of that leg on the thigh of the other 1,if that makes sense????!!And was able to sort them.
I even did all my grooming when I went into labour both times,shaved legs,lady garden etc,painted nails,so I was lovely when I went into hospital lol!!!
Dh did have to give a wee hand with the lady garden near the end,but I could manage everything else!

A lot of people would say don't be so vain,docs see all sorts etc but I def wasn't going into hospital to give birth all furry and bushy!!:blush:

I totally understand the whole not wanting to be furry thing Vbaby. I was actually quite embarassed on wednesday as i didnt realise how far down the mw had to go to measure my bump. Totally hadn't shaved enough had i :blush:

Thats shit about work gilz.You'll have to give it some long hard thought.Could you afford to stay home even for the 1st yr?I don't know what kind of maternity leave yous get.
Its hard on you as well,as you say your oh is away so much:hugs:
Personally it would've broken my heart to go back to work full time.I'm lucky in that I get to be a sahm,but there were a lot of sacrifices made initially so I could be.Now I'm having no 3 it wouldn't pay me at all to go back,so I wouldn't even have the choice.
I've been very happy to make those sacrifices though,this is the best time of my kids lives and i'm very happy I get to be home with them to see it all.
But each to their own,some people feel the need to go back to work,being a sahm would be their worst nightmare,everyones so different.
You'll have to think about it and discuss different options with oh:hug:hugs:

Great news you're allowed to fly ozzie.x

I totally understand the whole not wanting to be furry thing Vbaby. I was actually quite embarassed on wednesday as i didnt realise how far down the mw had to go to measure my bump. Totally hadn't shaved enough had i :blush:

:haha::haha::haha:
That'll teach you!!
you gotta be prepared for every appointment just in case!!:blush:

Evening Ladies :wave:

WOW AM HALF WAY :) Thank you for all your well wishes :hugs:

Gilz hon am sure Peanut will correct me if am wrong but my understanding is that if your workplace turn down your app for flexible working they have to give you a bloody good reason :thumbup: What excuse did they give you other than they dont like flexible working which is not exceptable from my understanding!

Great News about the flying Ozzie :wohoo:

So sorry MS got you Sequeena and poor Dare :hugs: gotta admit though these are great pregnancy symptons :) kinda reassuring :thumbup:

vbaby I like the sound of your xmas eve plans he he he :lol:

Well Ladies I still manage and will somehow continue to keep my lady garden in trim shape :) I did the `whoops it needs some attention` mishap on Monday Gilz hon when I went to the antenatal clinic to be checked over....I didnt realise just how much I would have to expose to be examined either :dohh:

Well it was my works xmas party last night and I was gutted not to be attending this year :( its the only time been pregnancy has sort of got me down cause its the only real time in the year when I get to go out and just be me :wacko: We have other nights out of course with DH but I always think works xmas do is a bit special :) Anyways apparently it went well :thumbup: a good time was had and my boss was in an extremely good mood today :lol: Me and my assitant (he didnt attend either!) was def sure our boss was in a happy mood cause he got laid last night (hes single!) :rofl: Takes a lot for him to be in a happy mood so could only be that we reckon :winkwink:

:wohoo: 4 days until our scan :)......madness but I even tried changing my scan date earlier, no chance at this late stage though but was just given a letter from Olivers school today informing us that his xmas nativity is on Tuesday......A BIT PISSED TBH lots of notice....so we cant go and I am a little bit worried that Oliver will think we couldnt make his play in place of going to see his brother/sister iykwim...We have told him a little white lie that we are both working :( which of course isnt true but I dont want him to think we are sidelining him for baby but the scanning dept told me it cant wait until there next appointment in Jan as theres a specific time in which checks need to be done :( I understand this so we are going to sweet talk MIL in the hope she will go in our place :shrug: I feel like a bad mummy :sad1:

Aw Madly dont feel like a bad mum it's not like you made a choice bit to go to Oliver's nativity just cos you couldn't be arsed or something.

The technical reason my work gave me was if I worked from home 3 days it would lead to me being perceived as a diminished member of the team and oh we don't like flexible working. Such a lot of rubbish. Will re-submit for the 2 days at home but do it officially this time ie to HR at the same time as my manager that way if it gets denied again they'll have to put the reason given on file so I can challenge it if necessary.

mmmmmm Gilz hon doesnt sound like a `proper` reason to me :nope: your doing the right thing though by submitting your next request to HR :thumbup:

I guess I just feel guilty....I dont work Tuesday (which is why I booked my scan on my day off!) but the school are quite appalling at giving notice for such things :( normally speaking it would be no prob for me to go but it just has to be next damn Tuesday :sad1: He was really excited early saying how we must come etc and I felt so so bad hopefully the excitment of him seeing the scan pic etc will soften the blow once he finishes school and hopefully MIL can go instead of us....we have yet to ask her!

Ladies I have an bad headache :( I banged my head on a shelf at work just before I left and my head is killing me now :dohh:

Vbaby, i know what you mean, we will have to make sacrifices as well because like you i will be SAHM. It was something we talked about before trying for a baby, and DH said he didnt expect me to work but i had to point out how tight things could be but he seemed to take it all on board. I dont want anyone else bring our son up, in my case-if i was to work it would be MIL(and i dont want her getting too involved, to that extent), yet ive never been in a good job, (never more than the min wage) so i wouldnt be in the position to send him somewhere more neutral with other kids like day care.

I'd love to be able to go part time then I wouldn't care if I had to go into the office for the 3 days. But to do that I'd need to ask my OH for money towards my car loan etc ad then wouldn't be able to pay any of the childcare. I wouldn't feel right doing that.

I totally wouldn't mind me missing out on things so the jellybean has stuff but the bills etc are mine so can't expect someone else to pay them. Money makes having babies so complicated :haha:

Madly hon I hope your head isn't too sore, I'm forever doing things like that but I am also ridiculously clumsy, or as my OH try's to spin it I'm co-ordinationally challenged :rofl:

Thats a shame Gilz, i must admit a while before we started TTC we joined bank accounts and i closed my old one down, kind of whats yours is mine, a bit weird to start with but ok now. I do have to admit though i am very careful with DHs money, im not the sort to go 'Lunching out' as some women might, or having a good spend up and comnig back with bags of clothes, i guess you could just say i dont like to take the p*ss, which is why most of my maternity stuff comes from ebay, esp as i wont need it for that long in the scheme of things.

LMAO Gilz :rofl: describes me too :dohh:

I want to take paracetamol but take it before bed for my aching pelvis so hanging fire right now....I am hoping a pepperoni pizza temporarily cures it :rofl: DH didnt get me any Galaxy choc tonight, he was too busy with his man flu :wacko: to remember my treat :lol:

Oh I bought pepperoni pizza for tomorrow night yum yum!!

I did just eat half a jar of capers which where fab but I'll regret it in about 5 minutes when the heartburn starts :blush:

Madly
Did the bump on your head knock some sense into you?, or knock it out?.:haha:

A girl opposite in the docs MW waiting room bashed her elbow on a post which was next to her, she looked at me and said "Oow, who the hell put there there??!".

Oh that girl is me Madcat. I'm forever clattering into things I'd have sworn weren't there a moment ago!! I actually walk into stuff in my house all the time, stuff that been in the same place for years :dohh:

Oh that girl is me Madcat. I'm forever clattering into things I'd have sworn weren't there a moment ago!! I actually walk into stuff in my house all the time, stuff that been in the same place for years :dohh:

thats what i did almost daily in our old house, i was a very very small house and i was always stubbing my toe, banging my knee into furniture etc. I dont think ive done that yet since moving to somewhere with a bit more space

I think it knocked it out of me madcat hon :rofl: I am so clumsy right now :dohh:

I am watching Coronation Street :cry:

The pizza was yum.....now wondering what I can have for dessert :( missing my bar of galaxy :wacko:

I think it knocked it out of me madcat hon :rofl: I am so clumsy right now :dohh:

I am watching Coronation Street :cry:

The pizza was yum.....now wondering what I can have for dessert :( missing my bar of galaxy :wacko:

Mmmm galaxy....galaxy has to be right up there with the finest doesnt it?. The only thing that beats it is the chocolate shell from a cadburys buttons easter egg!.

Ive been noticing baby likes to have a good kick about my tummy when im in the bath these days, i get some of my strongest kicks high up when im in there.

Gilz that strikes me as being illegal. There has to be a genuine business reason why flexible working would not work for them to be able to turn it down. I wasn't sure if the rights applied to pregnant women but this
have or expect to have parental responsibility of a child aged under 17 (from April 2011 a child aged under 18)
suggests so as you do expect to have the parental responsibility. I think you should challenge their decision. You have a body of evidence that shows that your work can be done at home a easily as at work.

Lots of info here:
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Flexibleworking/DG_184569

You might want to talk to ACAS about it and see if they can mediate a negotiation. Have you got union representation?

I did a de-fuzz when I was I labour too. Glad I did but it's not easy with a giant tum! As I went swimming weekly I managed to shave at least once a week.

I already have to put my socks on with my legs sideways. Don't think it'll be too much longer before I can't bend to tie my shoelaces.

Hooray for half way Madly! Boo to your stupid tardy school.

Gilz, sorry if too personal, but do you not share finances with your OH? I don't know how people have babies that don't. DH and I have one bank account. What's my debt is his and vice versa (though we don't currently have any except the mortgage and my invisible student loan). A friend of mine couldn't afford to buy baby gates because she was on SMP. I don't get why her husband wasn't just buying these things. I really don't get why these baby and living costs aren't just shared. :shrug:

Well I had a nightmare trying to get to the pub for my meeting this evening with google giving the wrong numbers to all the road and then the postcode and then the street and pub name both giving me wrong (and different) locations! Got there eventually.

Our washer packed up today. Disaster! DH had the amazing gall to take Byron's nappies round to a neighbour we know ok-ish! :rofl: Annoyingly I have to go to Wales tomorrow to get our other two loads done or we'll none of us have anything to wear. Engineer is coming Monday. Rang Hoover as we have a 5 years parts warranty except the call out is £110 (not really surprising) and of course we'd pay labour on top of that. Then they offered for us to pay an extra £50 (up front) and if it couldn't be repaired it'd be replaced. So half the cost of a new machine and a huge gamble! :wacko: So we rang a local engineer who sounds good and reckons he knows what part has gone and can get it by Tue or Wed and it'll cost about £70 all in.

Oh and Gilz you should go through this page with a fine tooth comb: https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Flexibleworking/DG_171775

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->