Mother of all conception months Graduates

My OH hardly ever drinks at all so he's a total lightweight. More than 3 pints and he's drunk. He'll be so hungover tomorrow and that'll be him probably won't drink again for about a year other than a glass of wine with dinner.

I'm in bed think if I switch the tv off I might sleep so I'll give it a bash. Night...

My OH hardly ever drinks at all so he's a total lightweight. More than 3 pints and he's drunk. He'll be so hungover tomorrow and that'll be him probably won't drink again for about a year other than a glass of wine with dinner.

I'm in bed think if I switch the tv off I might sleep so I'll give it a bash. Night...

nighty nite:flower:

Night all. Here's a list for your morning perusal.

First you really don't know how it'll be. All my nephews were 8lbs ish and so we were given loads of 0-3 and almost no newborn. Byron arrived 6lb12 and stayed in newborn about two months before his weight took off. He was in 0-3 for about 3 weeks! I would suggest getting a few of each, like a 5 pack of things in basic then you can stock up more after the baby's born. Byron was born in winter so some things might be different but the early basics probably compare.

You'll want vests with poppers under the crotch. As it'll be spring i'd say short sleeved ones. You'll want sleepsuits, with or without feet (not sure what we'll want yet). I recommend poppers up the front as the recommendation is not to sleep baby on the front and I think they'd be uncomfy to lie on. They're easier to manage too. Ones that go over the head and fasten at the back are a nightmare on a baby or can't even hold up its head yet! Byron eternally leaked out of nappies when small and routinely peed over his clothes during changes so we went through many vests and suits each day at the beginning.

Socks, scratch mitts, booties (keep socks on), cardis. All in one suit for outdoors. Hats (thin ones as spring). Blankets for swaddling or wrapping.

People tend to use a Moses basket for the first few weeks though Byron wouldn't sleep in one at all. We found a rocker chair helpful and later a bouncer chair. Bedding for basket or cot. For our cotbed we got two cellular blankets (duvets not til at least 1), two flat flannel sheets for use as a blanket and 3 fitted flannel sheets. No pillow til 1. You can fold and layer sheets/blankets and easily add/remove depending on the temp.

We have three hooded towels. We used a baby bath. Changing mat. Cotton wool for wiping young bums. Few packs of nappies if using disposables. Water at first but later you'll want baby soap. Good to not use products in general but try to avoid petroleum based one's like pretty much all of johnsons. Boots little me I think it's called is all lovely. Soft sponge.

Lots of muslin squares, like 12. They have endless uses. We bought some flannels and soft milk bibs with Velcro fastening are a must.

You might want to get some meds in like infacol for colic, sudacrem in case of nappy rash which is inevitable at some point. Bottles and steriliser; breast pump if BF; we got a couple of first size dummies but he was never interested in them. I got a tommee tippee steriliser that came with a couple of closer to nature bottles (didn't need more for months), a useless cup and a bottle brush. It was very good.

Pram. Maybe a baby carrier or sling for outdoors and around the house. Blanket for use in the pram. Maybe a parasol depending on your pram but they are all pretty crap. Sun hats. Baby sun cream.

That's everything I can think of!

Sorry it's waffley. Probably forgotten loads but the others can add to it I'm sure.

Ugh got such a cough today but MUST go Christmas shopping or we're doomed.

Aw boo to the cough :hugs: and I dont envy you going Christmas shopping at all. Thankfully mine is all done.

Ours is very nearly done and so far I've done nothing! But we need Christmas cards and a few last prezzies plus we love the Christmas market. Might just get a chance to see the britax pram at long last and make a decision about it. Need more paper and ribbons for wrapping. I need to find a prezzy for DH from Byron.

Well happy shopping, hope you get everything you need to.

That's me walked the dog and delivered christmas cards so now onto tidying the upstairs of my house. It's an exciting life I lead :rofl:

oh my, thats a good list!!!, will have to copy and paste that one into a word docu. thanks peanut!!.

Im half way through wrapping christmas presents at the mo.

Oh Gilz, i had that wispa this morning, DH said i could have it as i let him play his game all last night!

Morning Ladies :wave:

What an awesome list Peanut :) I cant really add to it except to say remember if you buy clothes now the shops will still be stocking winter stuff and our babies will be spring/summer babies so it may be best to hang fire to buy `outfits` until nearer birth unless you find something spring/summer suitable :thumbup: Also remember people will buy you plenty for baby and most people will buy an item of clothing so be wary of this too as in the early days babies generally sleep loads and you go through oodles of vests and sleepsuits as Peanut already pointed out and with Oliver we found that he didnt get to wear a lot of clothes bought for him because he had too many which was a great shame :(

So far we havent bought really anything for Charlie but have the intention to stick with buying maybe 12 sleepsuits (x6 n/b and x6 0-3)and 12 vests (x6 n/b and x6 0-3) and maybe two outfits n/b and two outfits 0-3. As for bedding a few pram blankets and a few cellular blankets :) Its easy to buy more than you will need or use and so we have decided to just buy the basics and then buy more once s/he arrives.

Also worth pointing out that some n/b or 0-3 sizes are smaller than others just like with us it depends on where you buy them from....you will notice as well as size the tag will also give a weight so for instance you may buy something from one place size n/b and it will say `up to 7lb` but you may buy n/b from somewhere else and it might say `up to 8.5lb` so more generous in size iykwim!

Oh yeah and I wanted to say that Oliver was 10lb 5oz but the suit he had on in his first portrait (taken in hospital!) and also the suit he came home in was from Asda/George it was Size Newborn `up to 7lb` and was about the only outfit that wasnt `big` on him.

Yes I like pumpkin patch probably best of all things and their younger clothing is really small! Brands vary in quality too. I have to say that Next sleepsuits are probably the best ones. They have lovely styles and keep their colour and shape well, useful when you're in sizes that'll last more than a week.

Well I actually don't feel sick but I am really poorly and have had a stinking headache. Forced my way through getting up and cleaning our disgusting bathroom. We've had an uneventful lunch for once so hopefully we'll be off to town soon. Hope there's some parking. I hate driving in!

Thanks Madly for the extra info :thumbup:

And yay Madcat you got the wispa in the end anyway :happydance:

Does anyone else feel spectularly un-blooming just now? I'm actually glad my OH is away as my skin is a total mess, all my nails seem to have spontaneously broken and I won't even start on my hair. I though second tri was all about being lovely :dohh:

Thanks Madly for the extra info :thumbup:

And yay Madcat you got the wispa in the end anyway :happydance:

Does anyone else feel spectularly un-blooming just now? I'm actually glad my OH is away as my skin is a total mess, all my nails seem to have spontaneously broken and I won't even start on my hair. I though second tri was all about being lovely :dohh:

i felt i was looking better from about 16 weeks onwards before then i thought i was stuck with my adult acne for ever and greasy hair(my hair needed washing twice a day it was so horrific!- so i was dry shampooing it at least once a day!)

I honestly feel like i'm getting worse. I have a day where I look ok, and then I look like a goblin again :rofl:

few took ages to catch up.
2 nights seeing family my cousins 9year old is shocking. I can't even explain how rude my dad was to me and the let down of 18 hours broken sleep over 3 days covering nearly 500 miles and he gets drunk so can't drive me home all before 5 pm. GRRRRRRRRR

Whilst away I got yet another weird PG symptom leaking sodding Nipples and man do they hurt.

Loving the lists we have most stuff just waiting for the scan to get the last mits and bedding will be got soo, Pumps going to wait until we'v tried BFing but its on the list.

I fancy using pashminas as swaddles as they are nice and thin and come in sooo many colours.

Your Welcome Ladies and I also agree with Peanut NEXT baby clothes are great :) I buy most of Olivers `smart` clothes from there because you can wash wash wash them and they never go out of shape :thumbup: He has had some amazing jumpers and jeans and although they are a few pounds more per item in comparison to some places I think def worth that tad bit more cause they are made so well...I love there socks esp they never go bobbly or bitty which is a nasty look :dohh: I bought a few nice items from cherokee at tesco whilst pregnant with Oliver and they were great but just after he was born they switched designers and then all the clothes washed baggy like his tops and stuff :( George at Asda do really really good clothes as well so George/Next will be the places we will continue to shop at for baby too!

Ps I cant wait to hit George next week after our scan they have some amazingly cute newborn bits right now :)

LOL im as excited as you for your scan!!, exciting times!!.

I want to buy something now.

MIL said shes going to buy all our stuff, clothes,cot,pram etc,...but more nearer the time, so DH is holding out for "more nearer the time", i feel like money is power once again and that we're waiting for her green light to go.
I told DH im going to have to buy something, even just an item of clothing to make it more real. I also told him i hope MIL doesnt think we'll be in debt to her for all this, because it doesnt work with me, he doesnt think so and says he wouldnt have it anyway:wacko:.
IT must be lovely to splash the cash and have people at your feet!.

looove the asda range can't bring myself to look at next because of the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->