Mother of all conception months Graduates

It will be quite general I imagine, focusing on the most common complaints but that doesn't mean the same sorts of exercises won't be beneficial for you. I suppose time will tell! When's your appointment?

It's friday from 1pm -3pm which is good as it means i only have 4.5 days of work til i'm finished for christmas :happydance:

Yay for your bump gilz!, but as for being low down, its very normal. you want to know where i 1st noticed bump?, put your hand on the area where your uterus/ovaries etc would normally be and thats where i was buldging out big time!. then the bump started to increase into my stomach area!.

You said it all about MIL,i had words with DH, i said i wanted to be picking out the cot and the pram etc with him as a couple, which he has agreed to, i (aparently) Have to pick out just a few items of clothes with MIL!(what pain that will be, i like to shop on my own or with DH &MIL knows that), and for the rest of the clothes we need(&cot etc) she'll write out a cheque.

We could get these things, but money is tight, so while MIL is offering DH is excepting. The woman has more money than she knows what to do with but i hate the fact that money'is power'.

It's a mixed bag. Mil and fil both have lots of money and never really share any, whereas my parents are retired on only one teachers pension so are not well off but give us loads. It just shows where their priorities lie. DH's family think of holidays and expensive gifts for his siblings. This makes my sound money grabbing but it's more about their total lack of consideration for DH. They're interested in Byron but only if we visit and phone. They like buying him birthday and Christmas presents (he gets more off them than dh) but they forget about us all otherwise.

I would be stressed by your mil too but I suppose it shows she cares even if it's in rather a selfish way. It seems hard to get a happy medium or get real support rather than flash in the pan gestures.

That's good that you got things sorted Madcat, i totally understand why you'd want to take the money, i would be the same if our family were offering it to us.

You'll just need to keep thinking about all the lovely things you and your DH will get to pick out together, while you are going round the shops with your MIL. Then that way you might not strangle her in the middle of Mothercare :rofl:

yes peanut, a mixture of stress, then having to feel greatful that we dont have to struggle but hating the power behind it, a mixed bag really.

I will pick out 'a few items of clothes with her' but just a few,im not prepared to do a whole wardrobe, i'll be straight and tell her "i would quite like it if DH&I can choose the rest as a couple if thats ok".

i will be sneaking a few items from our own money before hand

You could always get her to buy the basics like vests and sleepsuits which you'll need loads of and matter less than outfits.

You know what? I think I'm going to go sort through byron's clothes taking out all the things we can use for the new baby.

You could always get her to buy the basics like vests and sleepsuits which you'll need loads of and matter less than outfits.

You know what? I think I'm going to go sort through byron's clothes taking out all the things we can use for the new baby.

yes, its a plan, pick out the bare basics with her!.

That's good that you got things sorted Madcat, i totally understand why you'd want to take the money, i would be the same if our family were offering it to us.

You'll just need to keep thinking about all the lovely things you and your DH will get to pick out together, while you are going round the shops with your MIL. Then that way you might not strangle her in the middle of Mothercare :rofl:

i dont know, id quite like to strangle her in the middle of mothercare if thats ok?:shrug:

Anyone doing anything about the recent swine flu jab for at risk groups?, seems to be back in the news&TV again. i just dont know, i really dont know, i dont feel like i want to say yes or no to it!

I've still not been offered it. If there's a need and I'm offered I'll get it. I don't normally get flu jabs and they can't half be nasty but h1n1 has particular risks in pregnancy for baby and mum so if it is doing the rounds I'd rather get the jab. In lots of countries it's routine to vaccinate pregnant women for seasonal flu.

Madcat hon you strangle your MIL if you like :thumbup: if you could just remember to have someone take pictures when it happens so we can all have a giggle :haha:

On the swine flu thing i'm still hesitant about getting it. I had the swine flu jab last year about 6 weeks after my kidney surgery and i have to admit i was ill for 3 days after it. No one has even mentioned it to me this year, not the dr or mw or obstetrician so i'm wondering if they are just expecting us pregnant ladies to make a choice and then go and get it or not :shrug:

Im usually a very decisive person and know what i want, but on this issue i dont. They havent called me in for a jab (they did last year though, i didnt have it though). The only thing is, i dont really mix with people as im not working, and DH is generally out all day on his own in the van, i guess i wish there was rock hard proof that it was ok and if have it.

Ive found a couple of quid on a Next voucher that i havent spent today:winkwink:. Im thinking of taking myself out on my lonesome later and put it towards a little outfit. and have a look around as to whats out there.

That sounds like a good plan Madcat, you should let us see a picture of whatever you buy.

My OH has now decided that he's not sure if he wants to know what the jellybean is!! This is after him saying for years that when we got pregnant he want's to know. Thing is i never wanted to know, but now that he's been bashing on about it for so long i kind of do now :blush:

That sounds like a good plan Madcat, you should let us see a picture of whatever you buy.

My OH has now decided that he's not sure if he wants to know what the jellybean is!! This is after him saying for years that when we got pregnant he want's to know. Thing is i never wanted to know, but now that he's been bashing on about it for so long i kind of do now :blush:

Oh no!!!!, whats going to happen there??, does it work if the sonographer tells you and not him, or is it all or nothing???.

you have to find out now!, madly needs to be able to carry out her theory!!

I don't know, i think they would tell me and not my OH if that's what he wanted.

I suppose i also have the ability to be slightly cheeky :ninja: in that my OH can't come to our NHS scan on the 7th so i could always find out then as a last resort.

I think he will go back to wanting to know though, i told him he has to decide by tonight so i know whether to cancel the scan or not.

I don't know, i think they would tell me and not my OH if that's what he wanted.

I suppose i also have the ability to be slightly cheeky :ninja: in that my OH can't come to our NHS scan on the 7th so i could always find out then as a last resort.

I think he will go back to wanting to know though, i told him he has to decide by tonight so i know whether to cancel the scan or not.

i think you have to win this one!!.
and if not least you have the option to be slightly cheeky(what the eye doesnt see...n all that!!!!):haha:

If you guys still can't decide get them to write it down in an envelope n your notes then you have the information and can open it at any point.

On swine flu I had this last year I believe and you only need it once so if you have had it you don't need it again. Its like all vaccines can make you groggy and sicky specially if your immune system is down. Itis reasonably safe or they couldn't offer it and the swine flu killed far more people and had them in hospital than the inmjection ever could.

If your healthy and have someone to look after you then it's not essential but if your not I'd have the injection just make sure someone is around so you can spend a few days in bed so maybe after christmas now

I agree Molly. :thumbup: The only catch is that h1n1 is incorporated into the seasonal flu jab this year so it's all or nothing.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else is getting dry and cracking nipples.

They aren't unbelievably sore but if I don't wear a bra I can feel it brushing against my top and it sort of stings?

What can I use to stop it?

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back